“Full Day Kayak excursion”
Review of Kayak Excursions

Kayak Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're looking for an experience you'll be sure to remember, whether by Kayak or Paddleboard, look no further. Come enjoy the beautiful waters of Southwest Florida, and see what the locals see. Whether you prefer a Guided Tour or Rental, or even a Kayak Fishing Excursion, we will supply everything you need. We launch from countless locations around Lee County, and will accommodate your every need. Free Delivery. No Experience necessary. Family Friendly. German speaking tours available.
Manchester, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Full Day Kayak excursion”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stephan was superb -- we started the day at 6 am and he was prepared and ready to go! We got to the bay just as the sun was coming up for a beautiful sunrise -- Stephan took the time to point out all the birds and knew where to fins them. We also say several dolphins along the way too. We spent a good deal of time in a sheltered area exploring the ocean floor and looking at the oysters, starfish and other critters which were everywhere. Stephan is highly recommended and a great guide -- he is willing to customize the trip to the clients desires.

Visited November 2013
kayakexcursions, Owner at Kayak Excursions, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. A successful trip relies not only on a good guide and equipment, but also on the participants. You were a joy to spend the morning with, and I'm glad we were able to see some of the things that make this area so special. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation as well, and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Thanks again, Stefan

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great experience!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The trip exceeded our expectations! We did the Eco tour with Stefan. He was on time as well as very knowledgable and made the trip fun. We got to learn all about the native wildlife and plants. We also saw a dolphin and got to kayak along side it for about 15 minutes! The coolest part was kayaking through the mangrove tunnels! We will be coming back next year, no question!

Visited October 2013
kayakexcursions, Owner at Kayak Excursions, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed the tour, and thank you for the great review. I will look forward to seeing you again next time. Thank you.
Stefan
MI
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great launch site to see the gulf and mangroves”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Kayak Excursions is located at Bunche Beach. With the yak you get a map and suggestions for destinations. If you are new to kayaking, the first 1/4 mile is on a quiet, meandering "creek". From there, you can experience the gulf from San Carlos bay, or venture into one of the mangrove tunnels that will be rewarding even for the experienced kayaker. If you are apprehensive (don't be), they can arrange for one of their guides to help you explore.

Visited October 2013
kayakexcursions, Owner at Kayak Excursions, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us, and appreciate your detailed description. I hope to see you again soon. Stefan
Venice
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“I had a great day but......”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We met at the State Park to pick up our Kayaks (17950 John Morris Rd, Fort Myers, FL) . It was nice the Kayaks were out there ready and waiting for us. What I didn't like was the VERY dirty kayak that we received. Also, it was scratched up, old and with no cup holder. It was not a comfortable tandem like I have rented at previous places. This one was shorter and just inconvenient. I feel as though paying $65 for a dirty old Tandem was a bit high. Also, you are not warned before you go there.... but it is $2.00 per hour to park. So you can tack an extra $16 onto the price. I find it ridiculous for a state park to charge that much to park your vehicle. As for as the Kayaking... It was nice, but the Mangroves were very eerie, and way overgrown. The paths were not clearly marked off, and it looked like most of them were impassable. We did find one path... It was a challenge to play limbo while trying to navigate through there... We survived, but it was a BIG challenge. The tide went out before we got back, so we had to drag our kayaks for a while to get back to water. Warnings would have been nice... so that is why I am writing this review!

Visited June 2013
4 Thank VeniceBeachFlorida
kayakexcursions, Owner at Kayak Excursions, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I'm sorry you were disappointed. Our kayaks are less than one year old, so we don't have any old kayaks, but they do get scratches on them from time to time. None of the kayaks have any scratches that I would consider severe or anything but cosmetic, and are mostly on the bottom of the hulls. We clean the kayaks every day as they do get some mud and sand on them sometimes, and I apologize if my staff didn't do as good a job on cleaning this particular one as they maybe should have, but I have already addressed this with them based on your concern. The tandems are 12.5' long, and there are certainly longer kayaks around, but they would not work well for paddling in the mangroves, which is what many of our clients like to do.
As far as the parking, we unfortunately have no control over what the county charges for parking at their parks. We operate at Bunche Beach as a convenience to the visitors, and I believe our rental rates are very fair. That's unfortunately the only cost I can control.
We provide all our rentals with a marked satellite map of the area showing the Mangrove creeks and tunnels that are passable, but due to this being a nature preserve, we can not cut and prune the mangroves. In some areas the tunnels are narrow, and have some branches you have to duck under, but that's part of paddling in a wild nature preserve. We have unrestricted access to creeks and San Carlos Bay, which does not require paddling in any confined areas, and some people prefer avoiding the mangroves. Everyone has their own personal comfort level, and we strive to provide opportunities to paddle for everyone. I am sorry that your experience was not what you expected, but am glad you had a great day.I would be happy to talk if you'd like to call me directly. Stefan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was a great trip!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our guide Alex was on time and did a great job. Friendly guy who made the trip enjoyable. The mangrove tunnel was cool and bird island was interesting.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank DoctorFinger
kayakexcursions, Owner at Kayak Excursions, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad Alex was able to show you around and make the trip enjoyable. I hope to see you again soon.