“Top of the line menu, perfectly prepared & presented by an amazing staff at Cibo!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cibo

Cibo
Ranked #3 of 843 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sea Bright, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

I find it shocking that someone would have the nerve to compare this restauraunt to Pizza Hut. I am also quite curious to know in what part of New York they reside. Maybe the live above Pizza Hut, or even worse, own one. I also find it interesting that the other negative comment posted on Cibo clearly stated that they "forgot" the name of the other italian restauraunt around the corner, which as they say, "was alot cheaper". Go Figure!
As a NJ resident with family in Naples, Florida, I have never missed an opportuniy for dinner, drinks and dessert at this quaint, perfectly appointed, well run establishment with a staff that will remember you every time you walk though the front door. Step in the front door, have a drink, try an appetizer and you will request a table (if you are still hungry) I will assure you you will not be disappointed!

1 Thank dukestack

Fort Myers
“The Best Restaurant in SW Florida??”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

When I was first referred to this elegant Italian Restaurant it was by a chef who himself had a reputation of being one of, if not THE top chef in the area (besides being the mentor of what seems like half the chef's of all the other fine dining restaurants in SW Florida). That locally famous chef told me flat out that he thought Cafe Cibo was the best restaurant on the SW coast, and that it was the place that he and his family regularly dine on his days off. So it was not without high expectations that I first visited Cafe CIBO. I was not disappointed. In fact I became so enamored with the restaurant that my wife and I visit it every chance I get. Besides offering a full array of amazing pasta’s, never too heavy and always cooked perfectly, they offer a variety of seafood and meat entrees that are to die for. It came as a surprise to me to discover for myself what others have being saying: Café Cibo serves the best steak of any restaurant around, bar none; dry-aged New York, being our favorite….amazing and certainly not what you might expect to find in an authentic upper-end Italian restaurant. We also particularly enjoy the swordfish, a new item on the menu. My wife is a huge fan of the eggplant parmesan and I think the gnocchi is fabulous, tender and light, just like the kind served in Little Italy in my home town of Toronto.

As a serious wine aficionado I usually build my meal around the wine I choose first to order; if the wine list is not well chosen and doesn’t offer a solid variety of both old and new world wines, I will not return. No problem here either. This is an amazingly well-considered wine list and one that it would be hard to tire of. Fairly priced to fit all budgets, and with a focus on regional Italian wines, they also offer plenty of fabulous very carefully chosen selections from California as well other new and old world regions. (Personal favorites: if you are a Barolo fan, check out the Vietti Perbacco at about $40! Chianti/Brunello fan: the Isole e Olena Ceparello, although a little more expensive than the Vietti, will wow you.

The restaurant décor is beautiful: elegant and very tastefully decorated in earth-tones that give it an atmosphere of being chic yet authentic at the same time. Do I sound hopelessly enamored with this place? Well yes, and that is what my wife and friends feel as well. This is a place that is regularly populated with regulars, the go-to place if you will, for so many locals that are in the know. Yet surprisingly there are many locals who have never heard of or tried the place; the owners do little of no marketing, which is suppose is our gain.

I would be remiss if I didn’t make a comment on the staff: the owner is the executive chef that manages the kitchen so competently, while his wife alternates between greeting and seating customers, and backing up the bar staff (I heard that she is also responsible for the beautiful décor). Be sure to check out the bar and let Pepe and Chris take care of you; they are those upbeat super-friendly old school barkeeps that will remember your name, come out from behind the bar to greet you if not too busy and will always make you feel comfortable, even if you come in alone. A few of the servers that we have become so fond of and that have never let us down, are Carmen, James and Wally, all of whom have apparently worked there for many years.

So best restaurant in town as the local granddaddy of chefs said? Perhaps, I cannot say for sure; but I CAN certainly say that it is the finest Italian restaurant, one of the top two go-to dining spots of any sort in Fort Myers and one that the most discerning diners will appreciate.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KingBarolo
fort myers
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“do not listen to the bad reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

I have been Cibo's regular customer for many years. All the staffs are very friendly. If you like to have the best steak, you have to try the aged N.Y. Steak. It is the best in Lee county. I am not sure about the comment about the Pizza Hut. If you are a pizza hut customer. Cibo is too high end for you, you should stay in your hood. Cibo is great for casual fine dining. Love the bar Pizza, eggplant Parmesan and the meatballs. You got to try to believe it how good it is. And, the Calamari is the best in town. I have travelled all over the world. I think why Cibo appeals to me - friendly staffs and great food! I hope when you get to visit Fort Myers, you will try this restaurant, you will not disappointed.

1 Thank Georgia080
Fort myers, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful dining expirience awaits!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

I recently went to what is now Cibo, the cafe part has been removed from the title. I had an amazing dining expirience. When reading the reviews of this website I was perplexed at how dissatisfied these people were. We ordered a variety of things from the menu. The veal porterhouse was to die for. The meatballs were some of the best I've ever had. And the homeade desserts capped off the night perfectly. The service and atmosphere is the best in the area. I hope you go an have an amazing time like I did.

1 Thank Jonny1212
Fort Myers, Florida
“Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

This place is nothing special, but very overpriced. Just around the corner on collage parkway there is a small Italian restaurant that I forgot the name but is much better and a lot cheaper. Like I said don't waste your money at Cafe Cibo!

5 Thank steve012345