“Always fantastic seafood & Italian - call for reservations”
Review of Cibo

Cibo
Ranked #6 of 856 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida
“Always fantastic seafood & Italian - call for reservations”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Cibo accepts reservations and I highly advise to call ahead even if you have to leave a message, they will call you back. Cibo is a very small intimate restaurant with EXCELLENT food and wine choices. Their scallop and seafood dinner choices are amazing, the clams are excellent, the pasta is fresh and sauces are never over powering. Very flavorful. Service could be stepped up a bit - they seem a little understaffed and aloof at times - it really just depends on the server. Don't be put off because it is in a shopping plaza - the food it truly terrific. It's a great night out with friends before hitting a show or concert at the Barbara B. Mann - which is close by. One of my top choices for upscale food in Ft Myers.

• Visited March 2011

Fort Myers, Florida
“Overpriced, average food... serving time way too long!!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Atmosphere was good. Waiter was average. We've ordered 3 times the daily special. 1/2 hour after ordering waiter told us that they were out of the special. So we had to order again. We waited more than 2 hours for dinner to be served. Pasta with shrimp and spicy tomato sauce was only spicy but had no taste at all. Pasta Frutti di mare was $30 and tasteless as well.
Just one comment on the prizes. Way overpriced for the quality of food. Food is definetely nothing special. We had visited another restaurant before (Trattoria Napoli). Prices were less, atmosphere was equal but the food was much more interesting and tasty. High prices don't necessarily make a restaurant a good restaurant.

3 Thank creactive
Delray Beach, FL
“What a great meal!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Dinner was excellent! I was dining alone and was very comfortable doing so here. I like that they have wine by the half bottle, and the pasta was cooked perfectly with a hearty Bolognese sauce I really liked. But the best was the mint chocolate gelato for dessert!! I love good food and would recommend this to anyone. I don't live in Fort Myers but I do visit occasionally and I will definitely go back to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
“Spectacular”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Read great reviews about Cibo, never heard of the place so we decided to give it a try. We walked in without a reservation on a Thursday night around 7, figuring that there would be no problem being seated in the off-season. We were shocked to find the adroable little place jumping with business. Didn't mind the wait, sat at the bar with "Peppy" for a round of happy hour drinks, the best pomegranate martini I've had! The cute little hostess sat us in a roomy booth as soon as one was available, the menu looked great and the wine list had a wide variety of Italian vino. The very handsome and charming "Deegan" was our server, he was very professional, attentive, and knowlegably articulate about describing the specials and his favorites on their new menu. We trusted his judgement and ordered accoring to his recommendations, he was on point from the bottle we ordered (Felsina Chianti), first coarse was a scallop and crabmeat napoleon dish that was well worth the wait, second coarse we split a caprese salad with their homemade mozzarella cheese, for our main my husband had a veal porterhouse and I had a shrimp and scallop dish. Both our entrees were accompanied by rizzoto which we love, mine was sweet-pea and his was porcini mushroom. For dessert, our server insisted we have the tiramisu which was also homemade. He was right, outstanding! We will definatly be back to Cibo soon and requseting Deegan, who was nice enough to have the new owner stop by the table to intoduce himself and thank us for our business, but the pleasure was all ours!

• Visited September 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
“needs a little tweeking...”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Arrived for reservation-had the typical 15 min bar wait. Bartender seemed a bit complacent-no martini glasses-no biggie, drank it from a snifter. One blue cheese olive..when asked for a couple more...they were out (? What? More like, "they're a pain in the butt to make so I'm only shelling out one per guest because I'm in the seat of power"...maybe offering the reg olive would have been a nice alternative). Saving grace was our waiter James who is exceptional in attentiveness and guided us through the new menu. Food was enjoyed by all. My salmon was done perfectly with a risotta that made me happy to know there are a few chefs out there that still know how to make it properly. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meals. Loved the pomodora sauce and looking forward to going back for a pasta dish. I hear they make their own pasta. (What's not to love about that!).

• Visited August 2011