“Worth the trip” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
BOYNTON BEACH FL.
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I would like to thank the staff for making this trip just so great. Took my grandchildren on an overnight to Ft Myers and this was a great choice for us. We showed up at noon and the young lady at the desk was so nice in saying they are working on my room and she would be glad to hold our bags if ewe wanted to go eat or use the pool. She came out to the pool to tell me the room was ready. Our corner King room was spotlessly clean and well stocked. The staff was friendly and polite. Breakfast was good with many choices which should satisfy everyone. I would stay there again anytime!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel surpassed our expectations at every level. Clean. Great value. Super hot tub and pool. Close to grocery store. Breakfast buffet is outstanding. Dinner socials at night is an added bonus. Stay here. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
1 Thank robertanthony87
Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Let me first say that I'm not brand loyal and I don't think I've stayed with Marriott before. The price point of this chain is more than I usually spend but I ultimately chose because of its close proximity to Sanibel/Captiva. In the end, I feel the extra money spent was worth it. The hotel has a nice outside appearance. I took advantage of the free coffee bar available late into the evening. I was impressed with the continental/hot breakfast selection which was different both days. I don't know if this is typical of a Marriott chain but it sold me on what I paid for the room. The suites are spacious. The beds were comfortable enough but I rarely find a bed that gives me a great night sleep. We had a 3rd floor balcony room (322) facing the pool looking west toward the causeway. The hallway was well lit and didn't smell musty. I didn't experience loud, rowdy guests roaming the halls late and the hotel was near capacity. The water pressure could've been better. Since there is no ice machine, I appreciated the friendliness of staff providing us ice to keep our drinks cold at the beach both days. The only unfortunate circumstance was having one elevator go inoperable after check in that never got fixed and the other one VERY slow moving between floors on our check out day. I didn't let that sway my overall review. I will consider this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank flfamilyof4
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and beds comfy. One elevator was broken over a busy weekend, and the staff was barely polite and really didn't care. The breakfast was very slow, people waited for food to be prepared for ten minutes, and I found hair in my eggs.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear KSTravers,

Thank you staying with us and taking the time to give us feedback. Please accept our sincere apologizes for the inconveniences during our stay.

We did have an extremely busy week and unfortunately, we did have an elevator go down. As you could imagine, this was a nightmare for us as well. All of our staff are required to were gloves and hairnets and I am unaware of the situation with the eggs being reported, as I would have taken immediate steps to investigate that situation.

We hope that if you return to the Fort Myers/Sanibel area again, we would have the opportunity to better serve you.
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was a trip last year during July 4th that we stayed 3 nights for the extended weekend. Rooms were great along with the kitchen. Rooms were clean and comfortable as well. I highly recommend this place because it was great place to get around without hitting to much traffic from the island, nice side street to the beach preserve not far away as well.

Issue I did have is that they over booked the hotel for the weekend we made reservations for 3 months in advance. Moved us to a hotel (extended stay) down the street that looked like a total slum, dead bugs in the rooms, stains everywhere and a smell that was not good to say the least. After arguing that there was no way that we would stay there they moved us 10 miles away to another Marriott. Called and asked them to supply us a taxi for the night since we had so far to drive and wasn't going to be drinking and driving all of a sudden they have a room available! That is what happened when I kept calling the corporate office to complain.

But in the end after wasting a couple hours we finally got situated in our room for the next 3 nights and it was smooth sailing from then on out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ryanstay
Gettysburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Very homey suite with a balcony. Spotlessly clean, wonderful staff, great breakfast, comfortable beds. Would highly recommend. Great location, near supermarket and outlet stores.could not ask for a nicer place. Very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank jking410
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

First let me say this place is awesome. The room was comfortable, and clean. They offer you a great hot breakfast.The pool was great. The only thing that i miss was the balcony. If you want a room with a balcony ask for the room facing the pool. Also the hotel is located inside a plaza which has publix,resturants etc. Chelsea thanks for been so kind, Thanks for the beach chairs and the boogie board my son had a blast at the beach. . Shannon thanks for breakfast every morning, and the pleasant conversations.Remember go check out the CROCS shoes. Magarita Thanks for your kindness also.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony ask for the room facing the pool.