“convenient location to the area beaches” 4 of 5 stars

Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Largo, Florida
“convenient location to the area beaches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Let me first say that I'm not brand loyal and I don't think I've stayed with Marriott before. The price point of this chain is more than I usually spend but I ultimately chose because of its close proximity to Sanibel/Captiva. In the end, I feel the extra money spent was worth it. The hotel has a nice outside appearance. I took advantage of the free coffee bar available late into the evening. I was impressed with the continental/hot breakfast selection which was different both days. I don't know if this is typical of a Marriott chain but it sold me on what I paid for the room. The suites are spacious. The beds were comfortable enough but I rarely find a bed that gives me a great night sleep. We had a 3rd floor balcony room (322) facing the pool looking west toward the causeway. The hallway was well lit and didn't smell musty. I didn't experience loud, rowdy guests roaming the halls late and the hotel was near capacity. The water pressure could've been better. Since there is no ice machine, I appreciated the friendliness of staff providing us ice to keep our drinks cold at the beach both days. The only unfortunate circumstance was having one elevator go inoperable after check in that never got fixed and the other one VERY slow moving between floors on our check out day. I didn't let that sway my overall review. I will consider this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank flfamilyof4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and beds comfy. One elevator was broken over a busy weekend, and the staff was barely polite and really didn't care. The breakfast was very slow, people waited for food to be prepared for ten minutes, and I found hair in my eggs.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear KSTravers,

Thank you staying with us and taking the time to give us feedback. Please accept our sincere apologizes for the inconveniences during our stay.

We did have an extremely busy week and unfortunately, we did have an elevator go down. As you could imagine, this was a nightmare for us as well. All of our staff are required to were gloves and hairnets and I am unaware of the situation with the eggs being reported, as I would have taken immediate steps to investigate that situation.

We hope that if you return to the Fort Myers/Sanibel area again, we would have the opportunity to better serve you.
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was a trip last year during July 4th that we stayed 3 nights for the extended weekend. Rooms were great along with the kitchen. Rooms were clean and comfortable as well. I highly recommend this place because it was great place to get around without hitting to much traffic from the island, nice side street to the beach preserve not far away as well.

Issue I did have is that they over booked the hotel for the weekend we made reservations for 3 months in advance. Moved us to a hotel (extended stay) down the street that looked like a total slum, dead bugs in the rooms, stains everywhere and a smell that was not good to say the least. After arguing that there was no way that we would stay there they moved us 10 miles away to another Marriott. Called and asked them to supply us a taxi for the night since we had so far to drive and wasn't going to be drinking and driving all of a sudden they have a room available! That is what happened when I kept calling the corporate office to complain.

But in the end after wasting a couple hours we finally got situated in our room for the next 3 nights and it was smooth sailing from then on out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ryanstay
Gettysburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Very homey suite with a balcony. Spotlessly clean, wonderful staff, great breakfast, comfortable beds. Would highly recommend. Great location, near supermarket and outlet stores.could not ask for a nicer place. Very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank jking410
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

First let me say this place is awesome. The room was comfortable, and clean. They offer you a great hot breakfast.The pool was great. The only thing that i miss was the balcony. If you want a room with a balcony ask for the room facing the pool. Also the hotel is located inside a plaza which has publix,resturants etc. Chelsea thanks for been so kind, Thanks for the beach chairs and the boogie board my son had a blast at the beach. . Shannon thanks for breakfast every morning, and the pleasant conversations.Remember go check out the CROCS shoes. Magarita Thanks for your kindness also.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony ask for the room facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LeePerdomo526
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We chose this location because it was close to Sanibel and Captiva where we planned on spending the day, but good quality without the high island price. We received a surprise upgrade to a two bedroom suite at check-in. However, since it was just the two of us it was wasted. Very comfortable king bed and kitchen. One small problem was the very low water pressure in our fifth floor room. If you had a family bathing it would take forever. The front dusk was very helpful with directions and information on the islands. We changed into island apparel and headed to the beach. The next morning breakfast is great. Many HOT choices and do-it-yourself waffles. The hot coffee and tea water is always available.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor have low water pressure
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FloridaRetired
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed for a long weekend and had a great time. Very solid hotel choice. Clean, well appointed, and extremely friendly and helpful Front Desk staff. The Housekeeping personnel were wonderful too. The Hotel's location is convenient to most things. There's an Outlet Mall across the street and adjacent to the hotel is a Publix shopping center and 7-11 convenience store/gas station. The Sanibel and Captiva bridge is a couple of miles down the road. Fort Meyers Beach is also a quick and easy trip. I definitely will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank GatorNation
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#11 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
#8 of 19 in Sanibel Island
4.0 of 5 stars 1,581 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel? Share your experiences!