“Location, Location, Location”

Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. The location is great. There is a grocery store, a couple of restaurants and a gas station all within walking distance and you are only a couple of miles to the causeway to Sanibel. The evening social hour is great if you don’t want to go out to eat after a day at the beach. The hotel is a few years old and I noticed this time some of the items in the rooms are starting to show some wear (carpet, chairs and sofa). I have always had a room with a balcony which is well worth a few extra dollars to have. This time my room was on the 4th floor directly above the pool which was a little loud at times but other than that I would definitely pay the extra to be able to sit on my balcony and watch the beautiful Florida sunsets.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was our first time here and having Sanible Causeway at near distance was great. Fort Myers Beach is a couple of minutes away. There is a gas station, grocery store and a Chinese and sub restaurant at walking distance. It is located across an outlet mall and the rooms are equipped with fridge, over the counter glass stove, dishwasher and microwave. My room had a balcony with view to the pool. Breakfast was excellent and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank babydar828
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Full kitchen, free hot breakfast, across from the outlet mall, clean well cared for rooms, nice comfy beds. Nice pool , hot tub, great coffee, friendly staff, nice breakfast lounge, free wi-fi, budget rates. This hotel has it all, well except for the Sanibel harbour views. If you want the views, check out the Mariott Sanibel harbour, if you want the serviceable suite with a full kitchen, then welcome home. I normally like to only stay at 5 star plus hotels, but this one has everything going for it. There are bikes here for touring the local area too. If you want to take advantage of the free breakfast, make sure to arrive before 9:30 am, as they pack it up very early.
Well done residence inn, you made my stay very memorable!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bren K
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was a great spot outlet mall and restaurants nearby....just over the bridge on the island nice beach and shops also . The mangers reception was so nice and filling we didn't have to go out to dinner, that night. breakfast was nice and staff was great.

Room Tip: higher floor better view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Henry L J
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is the second time that we celebrated our anniversary at the Residence Inn - Fort Myers.
Chelsea at the front desk remembered us immediately and made us feel right at home from the moment we walked in. This time we stayed in a two bedroom, two bath suite with 2 patios overlooking the pool. It was wonderful to walk outside to the pool and have lunch on our patio. I love this hotel and would recommend it to anyone that wants that home away from home feeling and the convenience to Sanibel Island and the surrounding beaches. Gator Bites is within walking distance and it is a fun restaurant/bar with outstanding service. Right across the street is Tanger Outlets and I buy a new bathing suit each year at Swim Mart, I'm hard to fit and they always have the latest styles. When I come home everyone wants to know where I bought my stuff. You can always tell when a hotel has a really good General Manager because the staff reflects the management. I always look for an all suite hotel when I travel, but the Residence Inn is always at the top of my list. A special thank you to Chelsea, the GM, the new DOS and the housekeeping staff. You are some of the very best!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SuiteGirl2013
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Let me start by saying this hotel is tired. The furniture is worn, the carpets are worn and stained, and the grout in the bathroom needs to be redone. Having said that, the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are equipped with kitchen items and a full refrigerator, and there's a supermarket across the street. Great for snacks and drinks. The room is VERY spacious, and the bed is clean and comfortable. Love the bike rental in the lobby. Easy ride to a nearby beach. Just a short drive to Sanibel/Captiva. Typical breakfast, but there are new items each day, and it beats a doughnut and coffee. Free parking. Outlet mall across the street in case you want to do a little shopping. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony, better ask for it. I didn't get one, and I'm jealous of those who did...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank monance
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We booked a 2 room suite at this hotel on our return to Miami airport for our flight home. Very well furnished suite complete with kitchen & all the necessary pieces of equipment. Shame we were only staying 1 night. Typical buffet breakfast included in price although never seen French Toast before at these type of breakfasts. All in all a good choice, free parking & restaurants on site or nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KMM87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#10 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway
Pierview Hotel & Suites
Pierview Hotel & Suites
#18 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach

Been to Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel? Share your experiences!