Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Abaco Beach Villas(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina(Fort Myers Beach)
  • Pool
Hidden Harbor Inn(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
Casa Playa Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenoutlet mallgator bitesfront desktwo bedroom suitefire pitbasketball courtthe breakfast areaice makerliving areafree breakfastwafflesgas stationhot tubacross the bridgesmall kitchenlaundry room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed for a week while my husband was in Ft Myers for work. As expected the Residence Inn always has nice rooms that you can stretch out in. We enjoyed the balcony view from the sixth floor. I am a clean freak and noticed a few spots here and there, but overall the room was very clean. The beds were too soft and the couch and chair a little broken down, but it's to be expected with so much turnover. The WiFi was faster then most. The staff was really nice and pleasant. The location for us was perfect with a Publix across the street, Outlet Mall across the street, beach behind the preserve is in walking distance if you like to walk, and we didn't have to drive far for restaurants; plus it was close to my husbands work. The best feature was the beautiful relaxing landscape, view of the preserve, and the water beyond.

I go on a lot of business trips with my husband who only stays at Marriott's, usually the Residence, and this one was more tourists with kids then business travelers. My only complaint is the large group of kids that came in basically took up the entire breakfast area, which is very large, and the food was gone 15mins after they put it out at 6:00am. My husband has never had this happen before, and when you need to get to work, waiting 30mins just to get a yogurt and coffee is a bit much. The same thing happened with the evening social and forget going in the pool or hot tub.

Room Tip: Sixth floor rooms have the best view, pick a room with a balcony if you don't mind queen beds. It's quieter on the balconies away from the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Valued past guest....thank you for taking time to post comments on your recent stay.

We work hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay and I will certainly share your posting with our entire staff. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the view from the 6th floor and the surrounding areas, but regret that you had to endure what was obviously a high occupancy time, which can cause some challenges, such as you have noted. We value our guests comments and use them to see what we need to improve.

I hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your husband back, should your travels bring you to Fort Myers area again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed one night in May for a friends wedding out on Sanibel Island. This is a new tower style residence inn. We liked it...they upgraded us to a two bedroom because we are Marriot gold members and the room was nice with a kitchenette, small sitting area and two bedrooms with 2 baths. The view over a tidewater flats was nice. We missed the free breakfast...as we had too many drinks at the sports bar across the parking lot in the neighboring plaza but it looked good. I liked this hotel and I liked the price. The location is ok but not great for a beach vacation .

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a upgrade if you are a Marriot Rewards member
1  Thank mcelenti
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Good afternoon......I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your nice remarks on your recent stay with us. While I am glad you had a good time, I am sorry you missed breakfast! Sometime a good time is worth it, though!

Thanks again, and we look forward to being able to welcome you and your family back the the Residence Inn on your next visit to our area

Residence Inn Fort Myers-Sanibel

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our 2nd stay from 3 years ago. Everything was as we hoped it would be from our first visit.....stayed a week each time. The suites are clean, modern,and the staff is always upbeat and friendly. You are greeted each time you come in and each time you leave. It is always so pleasant to have them say "hello, welcome back" or "enjoy your day". They have an outstanding daily breakfast and a social hour with excellent appetizers......3 days of the week while we were there. As far as location is concerned, the Residence Inn is centrally located between Sanibel/Captiva and Fort Myers/Fort Myers Beach. There is a Tanger Outlet Mall across the street, an excellent Chinese take-out in the Publix-anchored shopping center next to the inn, a marina 3 blocks away that you can rent boats, kayaks, or paddleboards.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Valued Guest....first I would like to thank you for staying with us again, this year.

It is always a great feeling for our entire staff to learn that our efforts are appreciated and I will certainly share your posting with them.

Again, thanks for staying with us and we look forward to being able to welcome you to your "home away from home, in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and myself wanted to stay here for 3 nights 15-17 May but could find no availability on the Residence Inn website.However did find availability showing on a third party website which after booking found out to be a German site.When we arrived to check inn we were informed they could not take us due to unforeseen water damage to certain rooms,however they said we would be accomadated at the Marriott Sanibel Island Resort and Spa for the first night. The property was only 1 mile down the road and was truly beautiful and we were pampered for the day,given a top floor room with large balcony and views to die for.Next morning after a full complimentary breakfast we were told our room would be ready as soon as we cared to check in at the original Residence Inn.We did this at about 10.30 and were greeted by Cheryl,a lovely lady who apologised for the inconvenience of the first night and went on to tell us of what she thought would suit us to do in the area.Upon telling her we would be spending some time on the beach the first thing she did was to offer us beach chairs and parasol for the next 2 days.What a bonus as travelling from England normally you have to go just armed with a towel. As for the rest of the stay everything was 1st class ,superb suite,great breakfast and good managers social one evening.All the staff I met were great and could not do enough for you.I would certainly make this hotel my first choice when visiting the Fort Myers/Sanibel area again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

To our valued past guest......firstly, I want to thank you for your kind words, in spite of what was an unexpected beginning with us.I am glad you enjoyed the fine facilities at the Marriott Sanibel Harbour and that we were able to get you back with us quickly.

I want to thank you for the kind words you said about your stay with us. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive.

Our goal is to try hard to provide the best possible customer service to our guests and their satisfaction is our reward. Please know that I will share your posting with Cheryl & our entire Staff.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This Residence Inn is awesome. Very comfortable rooms with separate bedroom area. They had a manager social hour the evening we arrived. Very nice appetizers included 2 kinds of meatballs, cheese & crackers, pound cake with strawberry sauce-it was wonderful. The breakfast was great too. The eating area was just beautiful-very upgraded from a normal breakfast area-very roomy with comfy seating. We liked the location too-very close to the causeway to Sanibel which we did visit. Also this Residence Inn is very close to a Publix-walking distance. We loved it there and will definitely stay again when we are in Fort Myers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your posting and I will certainly share them with our Team.

Your comments on our location, is absolutely what we believe to be one of our most valuable assets. It doesn't get much better than being nestled only minutes to Sanibel Island and it appears that you were able to enjoy, along with a little shopping!

Should your travels bring you back to SW Florida again, we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Residence Inn Fort Myers - Sanibel.