“Great View From The 6th Floor”

Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
“Great View From The 6th Floor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed for a week while my husband was in Ft Myers for work. As expected the Residence Inn always has nice rooms that you can stretch out in. We enjoyed the balcony view from the sixth floor. I am a clean freak and noticed a few spots here and there, but overall the room was very clean. The beds were too soft and the couch and chair a little broken down, but it's to be expected with so much turnover. The WiFi was faster then most. The staff was really nice and pleasant. The location for us was perfect with a Publix across the street, Outlet Mall across the street, beach behind the preserve is in walking distance if you like to walk, and we didn't have to drive far for restaurants; plus it was close to my husbands work. The best feature was the beautiful relaxing landscape, view of the preserve, and the water beyond.

I go on a lot of business trips with my husband who only stays at Marriott's, usually the Residence, and this one was more tourists with kids then business travelers. My only complaint is the large group of kids that came in basically took up the entire breakfast area, which is very large, and the food was gone 15mins after they put it out at 6:00am. My husband has never had this happen before, and when you need to get to work, waiting 30mins just to get a yogurt and coffee is a bit much. The same thing happened with the evening social and forget going in the pool or hot tub.

Room Tip: Sixth floor rooms have the best view, pick a room with a balcony if you don't mind queen beds. I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Valued past guest....thank you for taking time to post comments on your recent stay.

We work hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay and I will certainly share your posting with our entire staff. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the view from the 6th floor and the surrounding areas, but regret that you had to endure what was obviously a high occupancy time, which can cause some challenges, such as you have noted. We value our guests comments and use them to see what we need to improve.

I hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your husband back, should your travels bring you to Fort Myers area again.

Pam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Livonia, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed one night in May for a friends wedding out on Sanibel Island. This is a new tower style residence inn. We liked it...they upgraded us to a two bedroom because we are Marriot gold members and the room was nice with a kitchenette, small sitting area and two bedrooms with 2 baths. The view over a tidewater flats was nice. We missed the free breakfast...as we had too many drinks at the sports bar across the parking lot in the neighboring plaza but it looked good. I liked this hotel and I liked the price. The location is ok but not great for a beach vacation .

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a upgrade if you are a Marriot Rewards member
1 Thank mcelenti
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Good afternoon......I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your nice remarks on your recent stay with us. While I am glad you had a good time, I am sorry you missed breakfast! Sometime a good time is worth it, though!

Thanks again, and we look forward to being able to welcome you and your family back the the Residence Inn on your next visit to our area

Residence Inn Fort Myers-Sanibel
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our 2nd stay from 3 years ago. Everything was as we hoped it would be from our first visit.....stayed a week each time. The suites are clean, modern,and the staff is always upbeat and friendly. You are greeted each time you come in and each time you leave. It is always so pleasant to have them say "hello, welcome back" or "enjoy your day". They have an outstanding daily breakfast and a social hour with excellent appetizers......3 days of the week while we were there. As far as location is concerned, the Residence Inn is centrally located between Sanibel/Captiva and Fort Myers/Fort Myers Beach. There is a Tanger Outlet Mall across the street, an excellent Chinese take-out in the Publix-anchored shopping center next to the inn, a marina 3 blocks away that you can rent boats, kayaks, or paddleboards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Valued Guest....first I would like to thank you for staying with us again, this year.

It is always a great feeling for our entire staff to learn that our efforts are appreciated and I will certainly share your posting with them.

Again, thanks for staying with us and we look forward to being able to welcome you to your "home away from home, in the future.

Gloucester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and myself wanted to stay here for 3 nights 15-17 May but could find no availability on the Residence Inn website.However did find availability showing on a third party website which after booking found out to be a German site.When we arrived to check inn we were informed they could not take us due to unforeseen water damage to certain rooms,however they said we would be accomadated at the Marriott Sanibel Island Resort and Spa for the first night. The property was only 1 mile down the road and was truly beautiful and we were pampered for the day,given a top floor room with large balcony and views to die for.Next morning after a full complimentary breakfast we were told our room would be ready as soon as we cared to check in at the original Residence Inn.We did this at about 10.30 and were greeted by Cheryl,a lovely lady who apologised for the inconvenience of the first night and went on to tell us of what she thought would suit us to do in the area.Upon telling her we would be spending some time on the beach the first thing she did was to offer us beach chairs and parasol for the next 2 days.What a bonus as travelling from England normally you have to go just armed with a towel. As for the rest of the stay everything was 1st class ,superb suite,great breakfast and good managers social one evening.All the staff I met were great and could not do enough for you.I would certainly make this hotel my first choice when visiting the Fort Myers/Sanibel area again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
To our valued past guest......firstly, I want to thank you for your kind words, in spite of what was an unexpected beginning with us.I am glad you enjoyed the fine facilities at the Marriott Sanibel Harbour and that we were able to get you back with us quickly.

I want to thank you for the kind words you said about your stay with us. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive.

Our goal is to try hard to provide the best possible customer service to our guests and their satisfaction is our reward. Please know that I will share your posting with Cheryl & our entire Staff.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

This Residence Inn is awesome. Very comfortable rooms with separate bedroom area. They had a manager social hour the evening we arrived. Very nice appetizers included 2 kinds of meatballs, cheese & crackers, pound cake with strawberry sauce-it was wonderful. The breakfast was great too. The eating area was just beautiful-very upgraded from a normal breakfast area-very roomy with comfy seating. We liked the location too-very close to the causeway to Sanibel which we did visit. Also this Residence Inn is very close to a Publix-walking distance. We loved it there and will definitely stay again when we are in Fort Myers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your posting and I will certainly share them with our Team.

Your comments on our location, is absolutely what we believe to be one of our most valuable assets. It doesn't get much better than being nestled only minutes to Sanibel Island and it appears that you were able to enjoy, along with a little shopping!

Should your travels bring you back to SW Florida again, we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Residence Inn Fort Myers - Sanibel.

Ithaca, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed two nights and my one-bedroom suite was beautiful, roomy, and spotless. I loved the decor and the unusually comfortable couch, and enjoyed the extensive tv channels and the warm and friendly service. Because the public lobby computers were slow, the desk clerk allowed me to use their faster business computer for my Southwest check in. Service is a priority here. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It was one of the highlights of my trip and definitely the best or second best stay I have ever had. (The Holiday Inn Express Tampa I-75 is also wonderful.) For your next trip, treat yourself to a stay at the Residence Inn Fort Myers-Sanibel. You'll hate to leave!

Room Tip: I stayed on the sixth floor facing the parking lot and found it to be very quiet and restful with a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
On behalf of our entire Staff, I want to thank you for your complimentary posting. I will certainly share it with everyone.

It is always great to hear that we have provided exemplary service to our guests, as we do our utmost to not only meet, but exceed our guests expectations. As the General Manager, it makes me proud to be affiliated with such a great Team!

Again, thank you for taking time to share your experience and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to your "home away from home" again in the future.

Lithia, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was somewhat hesitant when booking this hotel, as I tend to stick to slightly higher ranked accommodations. However, I really couldn't have been happier with this hotel. We were traveling with our three kids, all 5 and under in age. We were able to book a two bedroom suite, with full kitchen and living area, for a great price! The room was clean, well cared for, and modern. There was some mold in the bathroom tub which my husband is highly allergic to but we called the front desk and they sent up maintenance who scraped it all out and re-caulked.

If I had a complaint at all, it was that a couple of the front desk associates were slightly unhelpful. We originally only booked one night and once we arrived, we decided to see if we could stay another. We consulted the front desk and the first associate said that they were all booked up. That was it. I asked if we could be put on a waiting list and she told us to just check back the next day but that there were rarely cancellations on Saturdays. Later that day, we saw a gentleman at the desk and asked him if there had been any cancellations. He checked and said no, but also said that we weren't on the list to be notified if there were. What? Hadn't I asked the other lady that? We asked him if the chances were good of a cancellation and he said yes, that 12 people had already canceled that day. So who was telling the truth? We got on the list and the next day a lovely and very helpful woman named Cheryl called us and told us that we could stay and she got us the same room. So it all worked out in the end but was a little annoying getting there.

Overall though, I would highly recommend this hotel and we will stay there again the next time we head down to Sanibel.

Oh yes, breakfast was good, and the pool was nice too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Angie F
Valued past guest.....Thank you so much for your review, they are very important to us.

Although you had a bit of a trying time extending your stay, I am thrilled that your family had such a wonderful time during your stay. Looking into when you checked in and the surrounding hours, I saw that you had, in fact, interacted with two of our newer Associates. Your comments allow us the opportunity to see that we might need to have some more one on one training with them. We appreciate our guests that share experiences, so that we may get better.

I hope you can visit again and will allow us the opportunity to see our improvement!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#11 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
#17 of 19 in Sanibel Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,230 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel? Share your experiences!