Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Myers Airport(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
$89
La Quinta
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
$59
$102
$195
  • Pool
Hampton.com
All reviewsfull kitchenoutlet mallgator bitesfront desktwo bedroom suitefire pitbasketball courtthe breakfast areathe ice makerliving areafree breakfastgas stationwaffleshot tubsmall kitchenlaundry rooman extended stay
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our second visit to the Residence Inn at Ft. Myers-Sanibel but it will not be our last. We stayed for three weeks and loved it. The accommodations are very comfortable, the amenities are excellent, and the staff is just terrific, friendly, pleasant, proactive, and responsive. The value is excellent. It's the staff that brings it all together. The best example is a woman who works the breakfast area. Her name is Shannon and she was welcoming, solicitous, helpful, very hard working, and seemed to genuinely enjoy her job and her guests. The Fitness Room is excellent, as are the pool and whirlpool. The only real complaint we had, and it is more of an annoyance than anything else, was the selection of television channels. It was limited and did not include PBS or MSNBC and the only movie channel was HBO. But that was minor. This is a great hotel for families, people traveling with pets as we were, and couples. It's also located within easy access to Sanibel-Captiva Islands and Ft. Myers Beach. If you get a chance, stay there!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice accommodation. Rooms were fairly roomy. All appliances were relatively new and working well. Lots of well lighted parking and within a 150 yards of a small mall containing a Publix food store. The Inn has a full breakfast each morning with plenty of choice lots of seating for parties of two up to twelve. Old Town Ft. Myers is about a half hour ride. Sanibel and Captiva are only a few minutes.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. I arrived on a Wednesday night with my husband and had reserved a one-bedroom with with two queen beds and a balcony overlooking the pool. Check-in was quick and efficient and I received the room I had booked. The staff seemed to be pleasant, so no problem there. I must say that the hotel was fully booked and it was not as clean and maintained as my last visit. The computers in the lobby were filthy with spill marks all over the screens. The floors were sticky and so were the tables in the dining room. My room was also not so clean. The glass sliding doors to the closet had all kinds of splash marks and who knows what on them. The stainless steel appliances in the kitchen were filthy on the outside. I advised the front desk that this room needs a "really" good cleaning, so maybe they will do that. The fitness room also was dirty. I wanted to go to the pool, but it was packed. There are only eight chaise lounges and all were taken at 10:00 a.m. The "chicken barbecue" on Wednesday night was disgusting. They served a frozen chicken patty along with some barbecue sauce. I have stayed at the Residence Inn in Port St. Lucie for barbecue night, and they served real chicken barbecued and it was delicious. Also, beer and wine were NOT served as most Residence Inn's do on Monday-Thursday.

Again, in all fairness to this hotel, February is prime season in this area and it is a very busy time. I suspect this might be the reason the hotel was not up to par. Everyone wants to check-in and get settled and no one wants to wait to have their room ready. But, no one wants a dirty hotel either.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
2  Thank KatNick007
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I spent five days here in early February for our yearly Birthday(mine)..Anniversary(shared )bash..and we had a great time..We started off with an upgrade which is always a bonus..from a one bedroom suite to a two..this meant three TV's unfortuately whats on get's no better..on to important facts..the suite was extremely comfortable..as were the beds..which from my experience all of Marriots hotel beds are..the breakfast was the usual fare.."I'm a porridge and fruit and nut man myself..make of that what you will... there was plenty of choice to satisfy others who have similar tastes ..plus a fair amount of artery clogging fare as well..which is how it should be..Nearly finished for those who are getting bored...the staff of of the friendly disposition type..and the place is sparkling ..Recommended..Oh...One more thing ..there is a large shopping outlet Mall over the road..and an even larger one a few miles down the road..Bring Large wallet/multiple Credit Cards..

Room Tip: A prayer to one's favourite Diety might work..If you do hit on the answer of how to get to the front of the queue when rooms are being allocated ..drop me a line
Reviewed February 9, 2013

There were a number of reasons I didn't care for this place. I really did like the way it was decorated - nicely done. But that's about where the good part ended. For a suite, this was the smallest unit I've ever been in. The pillows were uncomfortable - and they didn't even have a plastic dry cleaning bag in the closet which is standard for hotels. The front desk was so unhelpful. They didn't have any recommendations when I asked about a fishing excursion. They suggested I drive and look down a street that has signs and pick one. What hotel does that? Also, when I tried to print my boarding pass, it wouldn't work. After several unsuccessful attempts, I went to the front desk. She told me to try again and if it didn't work she'd come over to help. Again, who does that? Of course, I tried again and it didn't work. She didn't come over but instead had me use the computer in her office, which did work. It didn't look like the fire pit was working (didn't bother to ask about it). When I asked about the tennis courts (which are mini), I was give a lukewarm response too.

Breakfast was complementary and a lot of people came down every morning. It was your standard buffet with plastic plates, cups, and silverware. Nothing special. It's a short drive to Fort Myers Beach or Sanibel Island but not many restaurants right near the hotel. The outlet mall is directly across the street.

There are so many hotels available in the area that I wouldn't ever consider coming back even though it does have a fresh new look. It makes me realize how important the service of front line staff is, and combined with other small details, they can make or break your hotel experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank iam_intrigued
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Valued Guest.....Thank you for your review. First and foremost, I am truly sorry that you experienced such uncaring actions by our Associates.

I am honestly perplexed with the lack of interest by our Front Desk Associate on your request for fishing information...at the very least, you should have been shown where there are numerous brochures available in our lower lobby, for our guests interests. It is our goal, to not only meet, but to exceed our guests expectations and I am dissappointed that we feel short on yours.

Your feedback is important, so If you would be so kind to contact me either by phone or email below, in order for us to further discuss your issues and I can ascertain exactly when you stayed with us and immediately address your concerns to ensure that this will not occur again in the future.

Again, please accept my sincerest apology and I hope that you will allow us to show you that what you encounted is certainly not the norm. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Yours in hospitality,