Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Abaco Beach Villas(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina(Fort Myers Beach)
  • Pool
Hidden Harbor Inn(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
Casa Playa Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenoutlet mallgator bitesfront desktwo bedroom suitefire pitbasketball courtthe breakfast areaice makerliving areafree breakfastwafflesgas stationhot tubacross the bridgesmall kitchenlaundry room
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week In April and we can't wait to go back!

It's just 15-20 minutes from the Ft Myers airport. From the time we entered the bright, colorful lobby, greeted by the nicest front desk staff we've ever had the pleasure to meet, we knew we had found a special "home away from home"!

We had a fabulous two-room apartment-type suite, with a fully-equipped kitchen (wine glasses included!), with stainless appliances, granite counter tops, an entry area with desk (laden with pamphlets of local information, "things to do", etc), a lovely dining area, and a living room with a sleep sofa and big TV. Off the living room was a sliding door to a small furnished balcony, with a view of the pool area and the natural preserve behind the hotel. The bedroom was huge, with two chests of drawers, large TV, big picture window allowing for bright light and a connecting bathroom area and large mirroed closet, containing a room safe. The bathroom is perfectly designed, with a granite sink area (fully mirrored with great lighting) outside the door of the toilet and shower area. Our room was sparkling--- clean and beautifully furnished. Nothing out-dated here! And, you get to decide how frequently you want maid services.

The gated pool area is beautiful. The pool is kidney-shaped (3-5 feet deep) with an adjacent spa tub. We even saw a small blow-up kiddie pool for families to use for younger children. Plenty of loungers and tables with umbrellas, too!

The hotel serves a FREE full hot and cold breakfast each morning and the menu varies each day....soup to nuts, healthy and delicious! Several nights during the week, the staff hosts a special event, like a cocktail party, wine and cheese, or a small supper for guests--- yes, also FREE. Washers and dryers are available (coin-operated) and the large, open sitting area, adjacent to the lobby and dining room, boasts computers and a small business center...FREE again. Bikes and surreys are available for rent, just outside the lobby door and there's a small
"canteen", with snacks, etc. avalable for purchase, adjacent to the front desk. We were flabbergasted. This hotel has overlooked nothing!

The location and convenience are great and cannot be overstated. We went right next door to the shopping mall to get our groceries, beer, wine, liquor, sun lotions, toiletries--- whatever we needed. There's also a good Chinese restaurant over there (great prices and freshly-made dishes). And, the Tanger outlet stores are just across the street. The bridge to Sanibel Island is just two miles away and there are innumerable great restaurants nearby. Bunge Beach--- one of the most beautiful and well-photographed beaches in the state, if not the country--- is just a short two-mile walk or bike away. A Park Ranger told us that it is world-renown for birds and water fowl viewing, especially late in the day, as sunset approaches..

Finally, the staff at this hotel is among the best--- attentive, down-to-earth, courteous and all willing to go the extra mile to make our stay as pleasant as possible. And, how many hotels loan out coolers, beach chairs and sun umbrellas, free of charge. Well, they do here!

Dollar for dollar, this hotel cannot be beat. One of our best stays in Florida ever! Thank you, Residence Inn, Ft. Myers/Sanibel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emma D
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was in Ft. Myers because of a family health crisis and was looking for a quiet place to recover & rebalance after 48 sleepless hours at the hospital. This hotel is convenient to the beaches while being set apart. A Publix grocery store is w/n walking distance. I was able to cook in the full kitchen. The suite was so quiet that I was able to sleep with ease, even though the hotel was at full occupancy. The housekeeping staff was kind, congenial and appropriate. When I return to the area I will stay here as it is very close to Sanibel Island, the last exit before going over the bridge to the island.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Good morning......thank you for your recent comments about your stay at our hotel, they are truly appreciated and I will share them with my Team.

The comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and we are pleased when we have accommplished this for you. My hopes are that your family crisis has a positive outcome.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I'm kind of a hotel snob so I don't usually stay at hotel chains' "junior brands," as I call them. This Residence Inn made me rethink my approach. Super nice and well appointed. I wasn't clear on the different types of rooms available at this hotel. I think I was upgraded to a non-studio sweet. The ladies at the front desk were very polite and invited me to a free happy hour or something. The hotel had a calendar in my room that showed probably 18-20 different free events throughout the month. I thought that was kind of cool.

My room had a full kitchen--complete with dishwasher, flat top stove, micro-oven, refrigerator and even plates and glasses. This would have been perfect for the budget-minded family trying to not eat out every meal. My room had two queen sized beds. The bathroom sink is outside of the room with the toilet and shower. I had a balcony that overlooked the pool/jacuzzi/basketball court area. I could've sat out there for hours just breathing the fresh air that offers a sharp deviation from the cesspool in which I live (New York, NY). My air conditioner worked well. Curtains blacked my room out. Very nice.

Fort Myers is on a beautiful beach that kind of has the feel that Daytona and Panama City have/had in the 80s-90s. Lots of good ole' boys in jean shorts and Dale Jr. T-shirts. I kind of like this culture. Again, a huge deviation from the jerks in NY. I ate dinner at a quaint spot on the water called "Nauti Turtle." Beautiful views, about a 15 minute drive from the Residence Inn.

The Residence Inn is nowhere near the beach. It's in a shopping center that is across the street from a large outlet mall. I drove to the beach and saw no name brand hotels that are on the beach (Marriott, Sheraton, Westin etc). I think Marriott has a property on Sanibel Island that does have a small man-made beach. I think the Residence Inn goes for $150-$175/night. I think all rates included breakfast. My flight left before breakfast began.

My only brief complaint is that all of the metal in my bathroom was loaded with rust and looked like it needed replacing.

I'd stay here again, 4 stars.

Room Tip: Balcony was refreshing. Don't think all rooms have them.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Good afternoon, on behalf of the Management & Staff I would like to thank you for taking time to let us know that we have helped change your thoughts on "chain hotels". At the Residence Inn, we like to make our guests feel at home during their stay.

While we are two miles from Sanibel Island and just 5 to Fort Myers Beach, our location is convenient to many great restaurants, which you got a chance to enjoy!

Thanks again for allowing us to be of service to you and we look forward to having you
with us again!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Lovely full size rooms with brilliant kitchen. Huge breakfasts (and now at new times, probably to deal with the recent moaners). Fantastic Rubens sliders at 6.00pm tonight so need to eat out. The nicest pool and hot tub in any hotel that I've been to in the US. Equidistant from Sanibel and Fort Myers Beach (about 10 minutes to each). Publix next door. Outlet Mall opposite (easily walkable). Two big elevators that both work and are fast. Free tea and coffee 24/7. Lovely firepit to sit around and chat at night. Friendly staff.

Only two faults are the pretty poor room cleaning and the relatively slow internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Richard C

Good afternoon....I would like to thank you for your complimentary words about our hotel, during you stay with us. It is always great when we know our guests are able to enjoy the many fine amenities we offer. I can understand you comments on our internet speed, and while it did not benefit you on this stay, we will be increasing our bandwidth in the very near future, so upon your return, you should see a big difference. I take note on your uncertainty with our Housekeeping services and assure you that attention in that area will be addressed.

Again, glad you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We enjoyed this hotel very much! It has a great location for visiting all that Fort Myers and Sanibel Island have to offer. The room layout was very comfortable and we got a great deal for such a nice hotel.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room with a balcony...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank James C
Pam M, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

On behalf of the Management and Staff of the Residence Inn Fort Myers – Sanibel, we thank you for the kind remarks on Trip Advisor, I will be sure to share them with our entire Team!

We value our customers and their input. Your comments are important to us, as they allow us to see that what we are doing ensures we exceed your expectations!

We look forward to your return in the future.

Yours in hospitality,