“Exceeded my expectation!!!”

Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area
Ranked #30 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I found this hotel on the Edison Ford Estate’s website as a package deal.
Before I booked the hotel with the deal I contacted Lisa, the sales director of the hotel.
She arranged everything to make our stay beyond our expectation, ordered dinner theater tickets, and arranged the Mobil T tour for the time we wanted. Everything was perfect. This trip was for my birthday celebration. She even had a bag with small birthday present ready and a letter of her personal greeting with all the tickets, for dinners, breakfasts when we checked in. We spent 3 nights at the hotel which is in 12 minutes walk from the Edison –Ford Estate. We loved the location. The hotel shuttle took us to the theater and back. Which was great, we did not use our car.
The hotel staff is very friendly; the room was super clean, modern. I would not guess this was a Holiday Inn if I just looked at the Front Desk or the room’s decoration or furniture. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was great at the Hotel’s restaurant.
We would stay here again!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gardenlover22
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Got a good rate on Priceline but was not given a "priceline room". Hotel is clean and in the process of renovation. Location is in a strip mall area just south of downtown but within walking distance of the Edison/Ford Winter Estates which a worth visiting though the $20 entrance fee is too high. During the day, renovations were being made on the fourth floor and could be quite noisy. At all times of the day or night guest room doors were VERY loud when closed. A guest who is in the construction business told me that there were no rubber stoppers on the door jams and that was why the doors were so loud when closed. It was recommended at check out that a small investment in rubber stoppers would be money well spent. Clerk said she would pass that advice on to management.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel. The rooms were super clean (I guess you would expect that from Holiday Inn though) and nicely sized and the location was great. The front desk manager, I believe his name was Spencer, was super helpful and moved us to a room with a refrigerator when we realized we had no place to cool our adult beverages.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2010

This hotel gave us what we were looking for - a place to sleep at night. As others have mentioned, the "downtown historic" is code for a not so great part of town. In addition, it is not a place where walking or driving around to find things to do would be possible.

The hotel was clean, a typical holiday inn layout and decor. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. When we checked in, the front desk was able to get us a room with a refrigerator and microwave without a problem. Not bad for $50 a night!

We found this hotel on priceline.com, receiving a great price compared to those listed by the hotel. It is about 40 minutes to Fort Myers Beach, 25 - 30 to South Fort Myers, and traffic along US 41 (the street the hotel is located on) is very bad during the daytime.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2009

As group coordinator I am happy with the overall experience. Our company was greeted not only by the Front Desk upon arrival but also the sales director, which made sure that our requests were met. It took a little to actually reserve a space because there were some changes with regards to staff. Ultimately, the changes were positive and I am looking forward to booking our next event. Thanks for making me look good in the eyes of my CEO!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I am glad that I had gone on line and found this Holiday Inn and the great associated package deal for the 3 night stay. You can pay for a 4th night with the 5th night free. Our intent was to find a hotel close to the Edison and Ford museums. This hotel is only several minuets from the museums. From check-in to check-out everyone that we needed to talk to were very nice and all acted in professional manner. When we left we felt we knew these folks for years. The hotel just went through a renovation and it was done well. The room included a safe, a good size frig, a microvave and the coffee set up. The resturant that is part of the package is under new ownership and the food is plentiful and great. The resturant owner and his enntire staff were great. I cannot stress it enough. If you are going to be in the area and you want the best for what you will spend look into the package deal at this Holiday Inn. There are a few great surprises with this package deal that make it all worth while.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vincedes45
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I have stayed in many hotels in the Fort Myers area and this one was one of the best one for service and the rate and location. I was only going to be there for one night and I was checking in late and it was great!!!!! The bar and its staff was very friendly and the food was excellent. The bathroom were nice along with the mattress in the bed had a sound night sleep. Keep up thje good work.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bud3231
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District
Legacy Harbour Hotel & Suites
Legacy Harbour Hotel & Suites
#34 of 59 in Fort Myers
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
Best Western Fort Myers Inn & Suites
Four Points by Sheraton Fort Myers Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area? Share your experiences!