“This was such a wonderful hotel....so clean and such a courteous staff!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jackson, New Jersey
“This was such a wonderful hotel....so clean and such a courteous staff!”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I could not get over the size of the room when we got there. I stayed with my 18 year old son. It was such a great suite! :) loved the DVD player and two separate tvs in the suite!!!AND I can't say how often the staff was cleaning the hotel....whether it was cleaning the elevators, touching up the wood in the lounge area, or just wiping the walls down...there was someone always cleaning some part of the hotel and it showed! We were able to enjoy both the breakfast buffet and the light dinner buffet and both were excellent! The food was hot and quite tasty! The staff was wonderful. Anything we needed, they were both friendly and knowledgeable! I loved that it was just across the street from the Gulf Coast Town Ctr too, which had so many stores and restaurants available! I also enjoyed the quiet pool a couple of days at the stay...it was always clean and towels were always available. There really wasnt too many people at the pool here so it was great to enjoy the quiet relaxing time I had there! I definately would recommend this place if staying in the FT Myers area! AND it was only a 15 min drive, if that, to the beach! Love it! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2010
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, July 21, 2010
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor!

It sounds like you were able to "taste" a little of everything during your stay. Keep in mind, all Homewood Suties have DVD players in their rooms...and...we even have movie rentals at the front desk. We always keep new releases on hand for rent.

I am glad to hear that you were happy with the size of our suites. We have studio suites, One Bedroom and Two bedroom suites available, keep that in mind on your next trip to Fort Myers.

Once again, thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites as your Home away from Home!

See you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 14, 2010

This is our second time to stay at this hotel and have enjoyed it both times. All of the staff from the front desk to housekeeping to airport shuttle driver are friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located to the airport, shopping, interstate 75, golf, and Florida Gulf Coast University. The breakfast is very tasteful and offers a greater variety than the usual contential breakfas. Monday thru Thursday they offer evening meal and cocktails which adds value to your stay. The rooms were cleaned every day. Equivalent to renting a condo. While there is no restaurant at this particular hotel, the same people own the Hilton Garden Inn next store which offers a restaurant and room service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your detailed and honest feedback!

I am so glad that you were able to utilize our many amenities that we offer complimentary at our hotel.

It's funny that you mention that our hotel is like a mini condo, you would be surprised how often people stay here for several months at a time on relocation.

I hope to see you back again soon, your Homewood Suites family awaits your return!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stay at this hotel frequently on business because it exceeds others in its class with a comfortable atmosphere, an attentive and friendly staff, and it's consistent value. The afternoon reception always offers a variety of meals and beverages that save leaving the hotel for dinner. Breakfast is hot and complete. The beds sleep great. Location is perfect to either Ft. Myers or Naples, the Town Center Mall,golf, and the university. Can't beat it for the value and location!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Homewood Suties IS known for it's value. We serve the Suite Start Hot Breakfast Buffet 7 days per week, and the Evening reception hot dinner buffet is Monday Through Thursday.

I am very lucky to have the attentive staff that we have. We love what we do, and it is great when they are recognized!

I hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I travel for business often and began staying in Homewood Suites whenever possible in 2010. The rooms are very clean and well decorated. The breakfast is very hearty. As an extra bonus there is an evening meal between 5 and 7pm daily that is very filling. There is no need to get a meal out unless you would like to sample local restaurants. The staff is very courteous and helpful. I would stay at this hotel for vacation travel as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary meals that we offer. It is a great way to get to know other guests, or simply relax and enjoy a beverage.

And of course, we are very close to the Gulf Coast Town Center Mall where there is a variety of shops and restaurants. Our courtesy shutlle will provide transportation to the mall, and anywhere within a 5 mile radius.

Hope to see you again soon, as our Homewood Suites staff awaits your return!
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The staff of Homewood Suites by Ft. Myers Airport / FGCU goes Above and Beyond in every aspect. A great place to stay if you have children or grandchildren going to FGCU. Hotel is very clean, staff is very friendly, and offers breakfast and a lite dinner. ( I believe the dinner is only offered Monday thru Thursdays.) If only every hotel was this efficient.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Well I couldnt agree more, well said. The little things DO matter. This is what my staff and I talk about every day in our morning huddles.

We strive to make all of our guests feel at home, because after all, this is your "Home away from Home!"

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

See you again soon. :-)
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I found the staff and amenities of this hotel to be better than top notch. All of the staff would go out of their way to ensure that their guests would get everything that was needed to ensure a great hotel experience. The rooms provided more than enough room to stretch and relax from a hectic work day. The staff would always greet their guests with a smile and casual conversation upon return to the hotel. Very flexible shuttle service with great friendly staff. Would highly recommend this hotel for any stay in the Fort Myers area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Hello Wisconsin!

We strive for great Southern Hospitality! I am so glad to hear that my staff made you feel at home, afterall, this is our goal!

I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious 2 room suites. Keep in mind, if you travel with a large family, we also have 2 bedroom suites with full kitchens as well.

I hope to see you back again soon, at your Home away from Home!
Chillicothe IL
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Not a sprained ankle, nor a cancelled flight could deter our total enjoyment of this outstanding hotel. Good choice Delta, thank you!. The staff loves their jobs and it shows, thanks Steve, Glen, Bernie and Bridget and all. The rooms have everything!!, designer motiff-all new. We bought the same mattress but still looking for the duvet and linens. Wish they sold them. Best night sleep I've had in years. Enjoyed shopping at the mall, the pool, hot tub next door, the internet and talking to other happy guests and of course the suitcase statue. Our only regret was we did not leave ourselves enough time for seconds at breakfast-amazing homecooking (and I used to own a restaurant). Thanks

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Homewood Suites Fort Myers Airport-FGCU. I will certainly be sure to share your comments with Bernie, Glenn, Steve and Bridget. Also, you can certainly purchase our bedspreads and sheets. Please give me a call, and I will be sure to arrange this for you!

I hope to see you on your next trip to Fort Myers, your friends at Homewood Suites welcome your return.