“It Should Be Named "Homewood Bed & Breakfast"”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This hotel reminds me of a fine European Inn or a great B. & B. in Napa Valley. We have stayed in hundreds of hotels in our 24 years of marriage. Our stay at Homewood Suites was the best ever. Everything about this hotel was a five - star experience. The entire hotel staff is beyond fabulous. We were treated like royalty. The front desk was very helpful in every way. The rooms were spotless, well stocked, and very quiet. Every morning started with a great breakfast. Then after a full day of touring there was a glass of wine waiting for us when we returned. Nice! I highly recommend this fine Inn. We were actually a bit sad when we had to leave. We both wanted to stay longer. We visit the Ft. Myers area every March. I know where we will be staying in March 2012. It will be at the Homewood Inn B & B.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank steven15516
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Wow!

I have to say, my staff gave you a standing ovation when I read your comments in our morning huddle!

Thank you so very much for posting your experience on TripAdvisor for the whole world to see.

Yes, Homewood Suites by Hilton really takes value and service to the next level of traveling. With our complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet, and complimentary dinner buffet Mon-Thurs, what more could you ask for. Then to be able to cook your favorite meal in the privacy of your own suite- why would we stay anywhere else.

I too find myself staying at Homewood Suites when my family and I travel.

Thank you again for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU

Reviewed March 16, 2011

The staff including Bernie, Terry and Red certainly went above and beyond. We celebrated my mother's 80th birthday and they certainly made it a birthday for her to remember. I can't thank them enough for their kindness. We will be sure to let everyone know what a great place this is to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

I am so glad that we were able to be a part of your moms 80th birthday. You created memories for our staff as well.

I hope you will be back again to catch another Twins game.

Reviewed March 16, 2011

We booked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews are were not disappointed. It is new, modern and has a very friendly and welcoming staff. There are two elevators and the one at the back of the hotel is much better if you have a room near that part of the hotel. There is a well-equipped enclosed business center with two computers.

We had a decent meal at the Islamorada Fish Company across the street. The hotel's free dinner looked good, and we had wine, but we just arrived and wanted to eat later. Excellent access to the I-75 and the large Miromar Outlets is one exit south.

The only concern here is the number of trucks starting up early in the morning- but nothing the hotel can do about it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad you find trust in TripAdvisor reviews.

It is great to hear that our staff welcomed you, and made you feel at home. We take pride in what we do everyday, and that is "hospitality".

Please visit us again when you visit sunny Ft. Myers, FL

Reviewed March 16, 2011

This was by far the best place we have ever stayed. From the moment we walked thru the doors we felt like we were wanted and a family member was here. But little did we know they have all become like family members. They welcomed us at the front desk so warmly, the rooms and the cleaning staff were great and efficient. The breakfast and dinners there were way beyond our expectations. The shuttles to shopping were a great surprise and the drivers so easy to talk to. The staff (Debbie,Karin,Maureen) came out and visited and greeted so warmly and gave us tips and shopping advice,golf advice,restaurant locations, etc. I loved how they all seem to work together and appreciated each other and would laugh and talk together but being professional at the same time. Not only will we miss the staff but also Bernie, Amy, Jennifer and many more that I cannot remember their names but love their smiles. We have been here 6 weeks and I promise I will miss this entire experience. I have not even touched on other things that have warmed our hearts. We will be back for sure!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Wow!

I cant thank you enough for sharing your experience with the world!

It warms my heart to know that we touched someone in so many ways. We understand that being away from "home" can be different for everyone, but one thing is for sure...we are here for you.

The fact that you knew so many of us by name, means we must be doing something right!

Thank you again for your feedback!

Your Home away from Home awaits your return.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

How can I describe Homewood Suites.....It's home away from home they make you feel so great inside and they all know your name. You really don't want to leave them. Great staff always with a smile. Thanks Homewood

• Stayed: November 2010

Thanks Michelle,

We miss you. I cant believe your 5 month stay is already over with.

I hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed March 14, 2011

My wife and I were impressed by the brightness of the suite. The windows in both rooms. The pots, pans, and ddishes.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

I am so glad that you were happy with our fully equipped suites!

Where else can you cook a spaghetti dinner in your hotel room?

See you again soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2011

the people here are great if you need something they are right there ,friendly make you feel right at home .food is good and plentiful it is clean quiet the van takes you to the mall a cross the street the drivers on very helpful and on the you will love it here!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Thanks Tony!

We feel like you are part of our Homewood Family too!

2 years in a row for 6 months each says alot for the comments that you made. I really do have a great team, and individually, they are each so special.

Thank you so much for posting your comments!