“Great Staff....”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I travel often for work and to be away from home and treated so well is an under statement....!!! All the staff has ben great...... from Housekeeping, Maintenance, the Chief for breakfast and everyone of the Front Desk personnel has been helpful, nice and go out of their way to help any way they can within reason..... Housekeeping worked around my schedule and when I called about not having enough towels the next day and on I had more towels in my room so when I went to the clean pool I could put an extra towel down on the hot chair and relax. My air conditioner was working ok but I notified the Front Desk and the next day I noticed that Maintenance had cleaned the cooling coil and actually it worked too well cause it got colder so I just turned down the thermostat a few degrees and the temperature in the room was constant and comfortable. The Chief was nice, funny and the one morning I wanted bacon and all that was out was sausage she stopped what she was doing and made a tray full of bacon just for me..... well everyone else in the room enjoyed the bacon as well. The Front Desk personnel were incredible, helpful and everything I stated above the Front Desk Personnel were involved with when I called and then they were the ones that would follow through with any issue, problem or inconvenience I had......... I just want to say thank you Staff and great job...!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 4th floor south side and was great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jason P
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Wow!!! What a wonderful review. I am so glad on behalf of myself and our staff that you enjoyed your stay. It looks as though it was seamless from beginning to end. That is exactly what we try to attain for every guest on every stay. They really love what they do here, and taking care of travellers is truly an art that they take very seriously. We are definitely sharing this review at our next meeting to tell them we have another happy guest, and we look forward to your future trips to our area!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Everyone was really nice! The location is excellent. Directly across the street from a Target shopping center. Arleen M. was great!! She made sure we had everything we needed. Will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our location. Arleen has been a wonderful addition to our team, and always greets everyone with a smiling face as well as her willingness to help. We will surely pass this information on to her, and thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your accommodations needs. We look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have to say this is the cleanest hotel I have ever been to!, The customer service was the best I have encountered in over 20 years!, from the time I entered this hotel I was welcomed by a young lady ( I feel horrible I didn't get her name), she was very cheery and willing to assist in any way possible!, I had the breakfast in the morning and it was awesome, I liked the variety, I have recommended this hotel before and I will again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our location, and we are happy to here you are a return guest!!! We love those loyal customers, and we understand the importance of creating a memorable atmosphere for our guests. The staff here does an exceptional job at providing quality service, and take pride in that reputation. I will discuss your review at our weekly service meeting, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Sanibel Island. Got here late (about 11 pm) Called to let them know we were coming late. When we arrived, Ryan the front desk associate had everything ready and was very helpful and nice. We went down for breakfast at 6 am and everything was plentiful. The breakfast attendant was really nice and worked diligently to replenish all the breakfast items...sausage gravy, biscuits, eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, juice, cereal, pancakes, bagels, toast, coffee, etc. The rooms were large and nice with mini fridge and microwave. We would stay here again, it was great!

Room Tip: Easier to find with GPS
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your honest review about your experience at our hotel location. We love hearing feedback from our customers. Ryan has been a wonderful addition to our team and the quality of service he provides is unsurpassed. The girls in the breakfast area are so efficient in maintaining the breakfast area and keeping things fresh and full as well. I hope that we are able to have you back in our hotel soon and that you get the chance to check out some of the great activities our county has to offer.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My family was having a event and we needed a nice and safe place to stay and this hotel was great, kid freindly and adult freindly I was feeling like I was in the privacy of my own home. In the rooms were large and clean, this is what I call a hotel. Thanks Arleen Moore for recommending this hotel it was great.

Charles Jackson

Highland Park Furniture

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our location! We love hearing feedback from our guests, and share these responses at our weekly staff meetings. I hope that we see you back in Sunny Fort Myers again in the near future, and we are glad to see you got the chance to enjoy the great local restaurants as well as shopping that is available.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel one night and was pleased with the service and amenities. The room was clean and comfortable and the reception was welcoming. The breakfast was excellent and attended to by staff who kept the area restocked and clean. I would stay at this hotel again in future. It is also conveniently located to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on your recent trip. The breakfast staff here always does their best to try to ensure our guests are taken care of, and it does get a bit challenging on those days when we have bus tours or teams but they always seem to pull through. I will be sure to share your kind feedback at our weekly staff meeting, and we hope that you can return again sometime soon. We know those Canadian winters can be brutal, so that may be a wonderful time to get back to the States!!!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

There were pros and cons to this hotel. The pros were the comfortable bed with nice sheets, firm and soft pillow selection, refrig, microwave and coffee maker in room, comfortable arm chair and ottoman with good reading light and table next to the chair, nice size desk with free wifi, plenty of drawer space in the dresser, a towel rack for the hand towel in bathroom (my prt peeve when there is none), plenty of vanity space for toiletries, a large walk-in shower (no tub) with a strong water flow. The cons were: small closet with no door, old TV compared to most hotels, room temperature difficult to control. Most annoying was the maidenly slow elevator. Only one of two worked during our entire 3-day stay. It was ALWAYS crowded AND shared by the housekeeping staff who took up the entire elevator with their large cleaning carts during prime checkout time when people need to get on the elevator with their suitcases. There was NEVER anyone at the reception desk. I don't know where they were hiding. It took 10 minutes for a desk agent to appear at 4:00 pm when I wanted to check in. Breakfast was Ok if you like muscling your way thru crowds of people to eat average food. Only one tiny bar of soap was in the bathroom. The soap had to be moved from sink to shower.

Room Tip: Get a lower floor so you can use the stairs and not slow elevator if you're in a hurry.
3  Thank Nancy B
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest review Nancy in regards to your hotel stay at our location. We love to hear all feedback from our guests, and are very sorry to hear that you did not receive the stay that we felt you are entitled to. We always try to get our service right, but from time to time a service hiccup can occur, and we will definitely take your service critiques to heart, and hope you will give us a try on a future stay. Please contact me personally and I will ensure your next stay exceeds your expectations. Thank you for your patronage, we understand that you have many choices in lodging, and are honored you chose our location.