“Convenient location for business trip!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was my second time staying at this Express and is now my permanent choice for where to stay when I travel to Fort Myers. I attend meetings in this area several times a year that require an overnight stay. It is easy to find off I-75 and has restaurants just across the street within walking distance. In particular, I found Ryan at the front desk to be very professional and courteous, assisting me with copy and fax needs. I needed recommendations on where to go for a quick lunch and Dawn gave me several options along with menus to help me make my choice. The hotel is clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thanks for much for your review on our location. We are so excited to have you as a new permanent addition to our Holiday Inn family here in Ft Myers! Ryan is truly a wonderful staff member, and so polite with all our guests. We always get rave reviews about his incredible customer service. I will most definitely pass that information on to him during our next meeting, I am sure he will ge happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. The location really is great here at the Forum, with so many area restaurants, and business parks nearby. Just a quick minute off of the interstate as well! We hope you continue your business meetings and we also have meeting space available for booking to make it even more convenient for you. (be sure to pass it along...)See you soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This place would be wonderful if you were the only person staying there. The people on the hotel staff are superb. The facility is nice. Our king suite was large and had a refrlgerator and microwave. But sleeping turned out to be impossible because the family in the next room was LOUD (children and adults both). There was a connecting door between their room and ours, so it was pretty much like sharing a room with them. When the noise did not stop by 11 p.m., I called down and asked the staff to do something, They were great. We had quiet the rest of the night. So you cannot blame the hotel for that. But when we got up in the morning and went down for our "free" breakfast, there were so many people in the breakfast room we could barely walk around, let alone find a place to sit. Most of the food was pretty much gone anyway and the staff was struggling to replenish their supplies as people swarmed the breakfast room like locusts. Later we learned that a local church holds its services in the hotel on Sunday mornings and a lot of the people at breakfast were probably not really hotel guests. So at least avoid being there on Sunday morning and, for goodness sake, do not get a room with a connecting door.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with connecting doors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank djess55555

I am so sorry to hear that you were unable to have a five star experience at our location due to noise. I only wish we would have known sooner so that we could have addressed the issue even earlier for you because every guest at our location is a top priority, and we always try to ensure their comfort. I am sorry that the breakfast area was so busy during your stay, there are a few time periods where it does get very cluttered with people, much like many restaurants, however, our staff usually does a phenomenal job keeping up. As you did see, it would most definitely be a difficult place to be the only guest because so many people LOVE staying here that we always stay extremely busy! We sure hope that won't be a factor in your future decision to stay here. If you feel you have any concerns be it noise, or any other issue, I would personally like to hear from you and would be happy to make your reservation. Thank you for your honest review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I always have an amazing experience when I stay here. The staff is always friendly (Mrs. Dawn is quite the desk lady!), breakfast is always great.. Very peaceful and quiet! As for fun and dining, there are multiple stores just outside of the hotel where you can shop or eat, very convenient! I will be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and I will make sure to pass along to Dawn the great things you had to say about her. She is always there with a smile and really welcomes our guests in a way that they feel at home. I love hearing when our guests keep coming back because of their travel experiences. Thanks again, and we hope to have you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here with my hockey team for a week and we had no problems, little trouble getting our rooms (leagues fault, not hotels) they were very helpful in the process of getting things figured out. Clean rooms and clean hotel in general. great service all around, no complaints

Room Tip: 6th floor has a pretty decent veiw, and no noise which was great since we had early games
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

So glad you enjoyed your accommodations here and we hope your sports league did well! Lee County is an incredible sports tourism destination, and you can truly see it with all of the great venues we have in our city! I am going to share your great comments with our staff and we look forward to your future trips to our area and hope to see you soon! We will have our incredible complimentary HOT breakfast waiting for you.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

One night business stay. Staff extremely friendly with check in and room was clean and bed was a comfortable sleep. Multiple restaurants and shops near hotel in walking (or very short driving) distance. Overall, a very solid experience and I will stay here again when in area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience at our location. We look forward to our customers feedback and anxiously await your return to our area! I hope you had the chance to use our business center and our large 24 hour fitness room. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We heard thumps and general noise the whole evening. The AC fan was loud and very drafty. We would not stay again. The breakfast was OK although it was not well replenished when items ran out. The room and bathroom were clean. The elevator was jerky and didn't always stop level to the floor so you had to be careful not to trip as you exited.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SWFL-Sunshine
HIEgm33905, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers- The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that you had an experience at my facility that rated lower than we typically see. I have reviewed my service logs for the month of March and I don't see any notations in regards to issues that were noise related, however each guest does have their individual perception and I am so sorry that you had to experience any inconvenience. We always try to ensure our guests have a memorable stay, and we are sorry we fell short during yours. We take all guest feedback very seriously negative and positive, using it to further develop our customer service culture here at our property. We would greatly appreciate it if you would give us another chance to provide you with the service that we pride ourselves on. If you contact the property, I would personally love the chance to take care of a future reservation for you so that we may redeem ourselves, and your opinion of our facility. Thank you for your honest review, and hopefully we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

You can walk to Starbucks, shopping & several restaurants. Its quiet, clean offers a breakfast bar, etc. only thing is they use an air freshener in the common areas that smells too close to cigar smoke.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property while you were in Fort Myers. We deal with many guests on a daily basis and we love to hear the feedback from them on how we are doing. The housekeeping staff does a great job on maintaining the cleanliness of our facility, they really take it to the next level. I will be sure to share all of the information from your review with our staff, we always take the time to review our highlights and lowlights every week so we can continue to improve. We anxiously await your return, and hopefully you'll be back to give us a five star review!!!!