Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Myers Airport(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
$89
$113
$104
Hampton.com
Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Myers Airport(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
$88
$81
$119
$107
Hampton.com
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
$69
$63
$64
$250
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Rock Lake Resort(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
$69
$109
$98
$105
Travelocity
All reviewsfree laundryfront deskan extended stay hotelfull kitchenbusiness parkqueen suiteice makerlaundry roomsanibel gatewayquiet areawashers and dryersclean towelsgreat place to stayhome away from homeheated poolwould stay againnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2010

From the minute I booked my reservation I knew our trip was going to be awesome. Jaimee probably one of the nicest reservations people I have ever encountered was more than helpful. Once we arrived Jaimee along with the rest of the Candlewood crew were warm , welcoming, and extremely kind. Our room was fantastic. We were there for 2 nights and did not eat out once. We went grocery shopping at Publix and made exquisite meals in our room. The free movie rentals was awesome and gave me and my family time to play board games and watch movies every evening. The pool isn't anything spectacular but is good enough. The rooms are beyond clean, well maintained, quiet, and spacious. i would recommend this hotel in a heart beat. We drove out to the Everglades on our second day and did an Air Boat tour recommended by Jaimee. The kids LOVED it as did we! We also rented bikes on Sannibel and went around the island. We had a fabulous time and couldn't be more grateful to the Candlewood staff for their kindness. I hope they enjoyed the fruit pie and watermelon we gave the staff as a thank you!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank MamaPetersen
TeamCandlewood, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Candlewood Suites/Fort Myers Sanibel for your vacation. I am happy our friendly staff was able to help you plan activities to make your stay with us relaxing and exciting. I am glad you and your family enjoyed our fully equipt kitchen with a full size refrigerator and 2 burner stove. It is nice to know you can stay in and cook dinner instead of going out after a long day. Try our “Groceries To Go Package” on your next visit! Thanks so much for the watermelon and fruit pie. It was delicious!! We all enjoyed it and will see you again soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2010

First stay @ a Candlewood Suites, and we will seek them out in the future. For ~ $89 per night we had a nice room w/ a full size refrigerator w/ freezer & ice maker, full size microwave, 2 burner stove, & dish washer. You can save LOTS of money utilizing these room amenities.

For us, the location was fine. You are certainly on Ft Myers Beach, but it's a short drive, as is downtown Ft Myers, &Sanibel Island. Bottom line, location is convenient to all these places.

Washers and dryers are free ($1 if you need to buy soap), small pool & small exercise room as well as a large "common" room w/ computer & large screen tv.

Service was very good. It's not the Ritz, but it was clean, nice, convenient and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ssuba
gwendysuethurman, Marketing at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2010

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer. We strive to give our guest our very best with our clean and comfortable rooms and our friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to serving you again at the Candlewood Suites Ft. Myers Sanibel, Florida.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for a weekend getaway. We found it online and had great reviews and now I know why. The place was so clean and in a great location, close to the beaches, very safe area, close to resturants and right down the road to Sanibel Island. The staff was so friendly. Brandi greeted us with a big smile and pretty much helped us plan our whole vacation, it was great!!! If your gonna vacation in Fort myers, I would definetly recommend this one

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cindybateman123

Thanks for staying with us on your weekend getaway.I am so glad I was able to help you with your vacation plans. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and making our guest as comfortable as they can be. Sanibel Island is a wonderful place to visit while you stay here since its only 3 miles away. There is lots of activities to do over there like bike riding,camping, finding seashells, or just enjoying the beautiful beaches. Try our “Candlewood Big M Stay & Play Casino Package” when you return for another fun weekend! Consider us your home away from home.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

We stayed here because of reviews I read on Tripadvisor, and I agree with all of them. This is a brand new hotel, in a very quiet business park. The only disadvantage is that it is not on the beach (and is about 10-15 minutes away from the closest beach).. But I think that works in its advantage. If you rent a car, it really doesn't matter.. The kitchenette worked very nicely and they give you a full size fridge.. (for $70 a night thats pretty good.. The Diamondhead charges $150 a night and they only give you a half fridge).. The Staff was more then friedly! I Am really glad that I got to experience southern hospitality at its finest.. They also have a very usable gym (and thats something that I am very particular about).. They have 2 treadmills, an elliptical and a seated bicycle. They also have a universal weight machine.. The pool and outside area were very clean and KID free!! I ended up swiming everyday and was very happy with my solitude.. There is also a little pond you can see from your room if you have a rear facing room.. We got to watch many birds and alligators from it.... With that said, I think this is a TREMENDOUS value especially if you rent a car, as Sanibel and Ft Myers beach are only a 10 minute drive away.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DjExcitement
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Myself and my teenager spent one night in this hotel (for a soccer tournament) in a room with two double beds. The room included a kitchenette complete with microwave, frig., coffeemaker, dishes, flatware, towels, and everything you would need for preparing or reheating simple food. Everything was very clean and ready to use. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very quiet and easy to get a good night's sleep. The hotel is nonsmoking and fairly new so there is no residual smoke from any previously smoking room (which is great for me because I am highly allergic). The bathroom was a decent size with tub/shower, hairdryer, and fan and the towels were nice. The work area for laptop,etc. was a nice size and comfortable. I had to make a phone call and get some assistance to connect to the complimentary wi-fi, but after that there was no problem.

There is a decent workout facility in the hotel. I didn't have time to use it but I did take a look. There are also laundry facilities that you can use while you workout as they are together and you can see the machines. I did not check out the pool.

We only had one night in the hotel at a rate of $59 (a real bargain for such a nice clean new room). I think even the regular Triple A rate of $79 would be a decent deal. I spoke with a traveling nurse who had been staying there for several months and she told me it had been a great hotel for her stay.

Downstairs has a room complete with all sorts of snack foods including things like milk and cereal and muffins for purchase on the honor system. There is also complimentary coffee, hotwater, tea, etc. This is available 24 hours.

The staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family