“Awesome experience!!!”

Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Tampa, Florida
“Awesome experience!!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

From the minute I booked my reservation I knew our trip was going to be awesome. Jaimee probably one of the nicest reservations people I have ever encountered was more than helpful. Once we arrived Jaimee along with the rest of the Candlewood crew were warm , welcoming, and extremely kind. Our room was fantastic. We were there for 2 nights and did not eat out once. We went grocery shopping at Publix and made exquisite meals in our room. The free movie rentals was awesome and gave me and my family time to play board games and watch movies every evening. The pool isn't anything spectacular but is good enough. The rooms are beyond clean, well maintained, quiet, and spacious. i would recommend this hotel in a heart beat. We drove out to the Everglades on our second day and did an Air Boat tour recommended by Jaimee. The kids LOVED it as did we! We also rented bikes on Sannibel and went around the island. We had a fabulous time and couldn't be more grateful to the Candlewood staff for their kindness. I hope they enjoyed the fruit pie and watermelon we gave the staff as a thank you!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank MamaPetersen
TeamCandlewood, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, June 17, 2010
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Candlewood Suites/Fort Myers Sanibel for your vacation. I am happy our friendly staff was able to help you plan activities to make your stay with us relaxing and exciting. I am glad you and your family enjoyed our fully equipt kitchen with a full size refrigerator and 2 burner stove. It is nice to know you can stay in and cook dinner instead of going out after a long day. Try our “Groceries To Go Package” on your next visit! Thanks so much for the watermelon and fruit pie. It was delicious!! We all enjoyed it and will see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2010

First stay @ a Candlewood Suites, and we will seek them out in the future. For ~ $89 per night we had a nice room w/ a full size refrigerator w/ freezer & ice maker, full size microwave, 2 burner stove, & dish washer. You can save LOTS of money utilizing these room amenities.

For us, the location was fine. You are certainly on Ft Myers Beach, but it's a short drive, as is downtown Ft Myers, &Sanibel Island. Bottom line, location is convenient to all these places.

Washers and dryers are free ($1 if you need to buy soap), small pool & small exercise room as well as a large "common" room w/ computer & large screen tv.

Service was very good. It's not the Ritz, but it was clean, nice, convenient and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ssuba
gwendysuethurman, Marketing at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer. We strive to give our guest our very best with our clean and comfortable rooms and our friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to serving you again at the Candlewood Suites Ft. Myers Sanibel, Florida.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for a weekend getaway. We found it online and had great reviews and now I know why. The place was so clean and in a great location, close to the beaches, very safe area, close to resturants and right down the road to Sanibel Island. The staff was so friendly. Brandi greeted us with a big smile and pretty much helped us plan our whole vacation, it was great!!! If your gonna vacation in Fort myers, I would definetly recommend this one

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cindybateman123
Thanks for staying with us on your weekend getaway.I am so glad I was able to help you with your vacation plans. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and making our guest as comfortable as they can be. Sanibel Island is a wonderful place to visit while you stay here since its only 3 miles away. There is lots of activities to do over there like bike riding,camping, finding seashells, or just enjoying the beautiful beaches. Try our “Candlewood Big M Stay & Play Casino Package” when you return for another fun weekend! Consider us your home away from home.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We stayed here because of reviews I read on Tripadvisor, and I agree with all of them. This is a brand new hotel, in a very quiet business park. The only disadvantage is that it is not on the beach (and is about 10-15 minutes away from the closest beach).. But I think that works in its advantage. If you rent a car, it really doesn't matter.. The kitchenette worked very nicely and they give you a full size fridge.. (for $70 a night thats pretty good.. The Diamondhead charges $150 a night and they only give you a half fridge).. The Staff was more then friedly! I Am really glad that I got to experience southern hospitality at its finest.. They also have a very usable gym (and thats something that I am very particular about).. They have 2 treadmills, an elliptical and a seated bicycle. They also have a universal weight machine.. The pool and outside area were very clean and KID free!! I ended up swiming everyday and was very happy with my solitude.. There is also a little pond you can see from your room if you have a rear facing room.. We got to watch many birds and alligators from it.... With that said, I think this is a TREMENDOUS value especially if you rent a car, as Sanibel and Ft Myers beach are only a 10 minute drive away.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DjExcitement
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Myself and my teenager spent one night in this hotel (for a soccer tournament) in a room with two double beds. The room included a kitchenette complete with microwave, frig., coffeemaker, dishes, flatware, towels, and everything you would need for preparing or reheating simple food. Everything was very clean and ready to use. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very quiet and easy to get a good night's sleep. The hotel is nonsmoking and fairly new so there is no residual smoke from any previously smoking room (which is great for me because I am highly allergic). The bathroom was a decent size with tub/shower, hairdryer, and fan and the towels were nice. The work area for laptop,etc. was a nice size and comfortable. I had to make a phone call and get some assistance to connect to the complimentary wi-fi, but after that there was no problem.

There is a decent workout facility in the hotel. I didn't have time to use it but I did take a look. There are also laundry facilities that you can use while you workout as they are together and you can see the machines. I did not check out the pool.

We only had one night in the hotel at a rate of $59 (a real bargain for such a nice clean new room). I think even the regular Triple A rate of $79 would be a decent deal. I spoke with a traveling nurse who had been staying there for several months and she told me it had been a great hotel for her stay.

Downstairs has a room complete with all sorts of snack foods including things like milk and cereal and muffins for purchase on the honor system. There is also complimentary coffee, hotwater, tea, etc. This is available 24 hours.

The staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Love2Trek
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel/ Gateway is the best value for the money hotel in the area. The hotel is equi-distance from Fort Myers Beach and Sanibel. The room was very clean and the air conditioning turned on. Check in and out went very smooth with personable staff. The on site Candlewood Cupboard is a great idea for a quick snack or beverage. I travel to the area 4-5 times during the winter and will definitely book there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Seekerofshells
Thank you for staying with us at the Candlewood Suites/Fort Myers Sanibel. We are excited you chose to stay with us! We try to make our business travelers as comfortable and well taken care of as possible. Our check-in and check-out is fast and very smooth because we appreciate how tiring travel can be. We have all the amenities that the business traveler would need. Free Wi-Fi in every room, a business center, valet laundry service, 24 hour gym and in the room there is a large desk with plenty of room to work. Remember that we are part of the Holiday Inn family of hotels, so make sure you sign up to be a Priority Club member so you can start earning points on every stay. We look forward to seeing you again next winter!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Imagine my delight that we drove by Hammond Stadium to get to this excellent hotel. :) Stayed here for 3 nights to see a few Spring Training games. We arrived very late, but the front desk was excellent. The Southern hospitality was a welcome change from Vegas hospitality. Our 4th floor room was very comfortable, except for the pillows. The pillows were way too soft. This hotel is a great spot to get to Hammond stadium, and Sanibel Island was super easy to get to. Everything on our list - a Chick-fil-a, a mini-golf course, Target, and good food were all within a 15 minute drive (including stoplights). One day we stopped at the Lake park - this place was so neat! There are boats you can rent and paddle around. We had such an excellent time and really loved Ft. Myers. The snack "Cupboard" really does have low prices if you need snacks or drinks, and we watched a movie one night for free. But the best thing had to be watching an alligator swim around and stalk a bird in the lake right behind the hotel from our window - awesome!! I didn't even notice until the last day that there was a school next door, and we stayed during the week. Check out Five Guys Burgers if you have time. Publix is right down the road, but find the Super Target for better prices. Can't wait to come back to Ft. Myers and stay at the Candlewood suites.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Groupeventplanner
Hey TWINS FANS!!! Were so happy you had a wonderful time at our hotel.. Candlewood Suites/Fort Myers Sanibel is a great meeting place for Twins fans who are fun and friendly. We are sorry you found the pillows to be a little soft. Next time you return, please take a look at the pillow menu by your bedside and special order another pillow. You can choose either a soft pillow, a firm pillow or a feather pillow. Our wonderful front desk staff is eager to help you with anything you need and will greet and serve you with the southern hospitality you deserve. We are glad you met “Smiley”, our ever smiling alligator out back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#9 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops

Been to Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway? Share your experiences!