“getaway for two days one nite”

Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Sunrise, Florida
“getaway for two days one nite”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just wanna say customer service linda was amazing.every question we asked she answered professionally & we asked her for da rates in early December v.s,late December,i would definite recommend this hotel to my relatives ,friends & others .I agree with Holly da rooms r large and spacious with kitchens that have microwave,toaster,dishwasher,i didn't know about da free washer & dryer I rate the service & hotel a 5 star's hands down,we plan to come back in December 4 sure!!linda you are amazing keep up your good working ehics.take care.Robert c.
p.s. close to da beaches &places to dine!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about the Hotel & staff. Linda is one of Team Candlewoods top guest service members. She continually strives to go above and beyond for all of our guests. It was so nice of you to recognize her service and mention her by name. We are glad you discovered Fort Myers best kept secret and we hope you come back soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My family & I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Ft Myers Sanibel Sep 2013. We travel often and choose a suite hotel near the beach The hotel was hard to find. GPS took us to candlewood by the airport.

At check-in, Linda gave us a dirty bathroom and refused to move us. So we needed a plunger & asked at the front desk for one. The agent said that she did NOT have a plunger so my husband told her he would go and buy one. While he was at the store the agent apparently found a plunger and began to knock on our door it was 10 at night. Being alone with my daughter I did not answer so she decided to call our room needless to say she woke me up to tell me she found the plunger. Well my husband was already on his way back from the store and I told her that. She said we would need to speak with the manager that morning. We came down in the morning and the manager "was never free to speak with us".

They must have NO experience in customer service because they refused to acknowledge that it was not right to have lied to my husband & then wake me up. We are club members and they told us to call a rewards number to complain and they did not want to hear it. We told the lady in the morning again the same lady was there, told we purchased a plunger ourselves the lady said "TAKE IT BACK, you'll get a refund." We had to remind them it had been USED, At that point we asked for the GM again . The GM was not avail still. but was to have called us the next day. We did not receive a phone call from him or her to get an explanation.

The movie selection was great though. Laundry was free, nice bbq to cook out, just a few ladies need to work on their customer service skills.

We checked out & moved to Hampton Inn.

There complacency has lost them a customer. We value our health and the well-being of others & will NEVER again stay at a Candlewood Suites part of IHG. #grossedout

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Heather L
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
My name is Dan Berben and I am the General Manager at Team Candlewood in Fort Myers. I was very upset to read your review and can assure you this is far from the norm at our property. First, I would like to aplogize for any inconvenience you experienced during you stay with us. We at Team Candlewood pride ourselves in customer service and guest response as you can read in other reviews.

I researched our September guest service log and did not see your plunger request or a request for the GM to contact you, which, is the procedure. Although from your comments it does appear like our guest agent Team member attempted to resolve your issues. Again, I aplogize that the timing was incorrect for your families needs.

I do see that you are local and would like to welcome the opportunity to make this up to you. Please contact me personally if you would like to come back to the Fort Myers beach area. With our heated pool, free laundry faciltiy, free movie library, spacious rooms with full kitchens, its the best deal in town! My email is gm@ftmyerscandlewood.com

Dan Berben
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

On a weekend trip to Sanibel Island, we stayed here. It was an easy 10 minute drive to the Sanibel Island Bridge and not much more than that to downtown Fort Myers. the room was plenty large for a short stay and add a complete kitchen in a spacious bathroom. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful and the price was well below neighboring properties. I would positively return on future trips.

• Stayed September 2013
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Team Candlewood thanks you and we hope you return soon. My Name is Dan Berben so let me know when you return to Fort Myers. We thank you for your business and welcome you back as soon as possible. You have discovered the secret, great value for a great price!!
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I continually return to Candlewood Suites when staying in Fort Myers. The rooms are large and comfortable with kitchens that have refrigerators, two stove tops, microwave, toaster, and dishwasher. All dishes are furnished. They have a free video library. And, free washer and dryers a real plus when you spend time at the beach. Clothes can go home clean and dry. It's only 25 minutes to Lighthouse Beach. There is also a pool, workout room, and a computer complete with printer for guests to use. Did I mention free wi-fi?Great rates round out the pluses of the property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Holly1521
Thanks so much for the very nice review. I can't really add anything more than you wrote but just wanted to thank you for being our loyal customer.
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We vacation in Fort Myers frequently and usually stay at the Residence Inn Sanibel Causeway which is a great hotel. However, this year, Expedia offered an unbeatable rate for Candlewood Suites so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. Our one-bedroom queen suite was spacious, beautifully decorated, comfortable and most important, extremely clean. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything we needed including a full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, range, pantry, dishes, pots, cutlery, even kitchen towels and dish washing soap. The hotel does not have a restaurant but this was not a problem for us as they are several good resturants in the vicinity. There is also a Publix Supermarket nearby.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AndieCMC
We are so glad you stayed with us being a normal Residence customer. At our hotel you get all the perks and more of a Residence, without the high price tag. We are so glad you discovered Fort Myers best kept secret and are a customer for life. Thanks for staying with us and come back soon!!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been on an extended stay with my family, and I'm glad we came across this great place to stay. We are locals as well, and we are familiar with the area, but had never stayed at Candlewood. We reviewed several other properties before settling her, and we're thrilled we did! After staying at Candlewood, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I was surprised when I read an uncomplimentary review mostly aimed at the staff. My stay at Candlewood has been great. I can't complain about anything. Our rates were terrific considering you have a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, pantry and stove top (along with dishes, utensils, and pots). The rooms were always very clean, and it always smells fresh. I have a small dog, so I do clean our room more often; but, housekeeping is always around if I need supplies (or the front desk can accommodate all your needs). They always check with me anyways to see if I want my room cleaned. They work hard, and are always more than courteous! Even though it is a pet friendly hotel, you would never know it because it always smell clean. The laundry facilities are fantastic and the washers and dryers were free to guests. That itself increases the bonus of staying here. The pool is always clean, and they have 2 grills which we have used. They also have DVD players in the rooms as well as a great collection of DVD's to rent (also free). When it comes to the staff at Candlewood, they are all polite and attentive. Linda and Carol always made us feel at home. In the morning before I go to work, I was always greeted with a friendly hello and a smile when I get my cup of coffee in the Candlewood Pantry. They have items there if you forget to pack it, or snacks, etc. Coffee is always ready any time of day or night! The staff is always there to answer questions, solve problems, and sometimes just to listen. There really are some great people working there. They have upgraded things like the cable and internet as well. I also like that it's semi-secluded, yet close to everything. I have read that it looks like the view of a swamp in the back. It is preserved area protecting some wildlife with a bridge over the water. It's pretty awesome when you can take pictures and see the pair of bald eagles, alligators, owls, etc. without having to hike or go camping. It's literally right in your own backyard! Overall, I would recommend the Candlewood Suites to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LilLion25
Wow, we at Team Candlewood really appreciate such a glowing review. After reading your nice comments, it is evident that you were really suprised about all the great amenities that we have to offer. From our staff, laundry facitliy, cupboard store, great wildlife... Thanks so much for taking the time to write this, we will see you soon!!
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Myself and my family stayed at The Candlewood Suites this year from July the 8th until August the 2nd while we were waiting for the home we were moving into to be ready for us. Because we are from the area, (we both work on Sanibel Island), we are familiar with most if not all of the hotel options, but had never stayed at Candlewood. I had every intention of writing a review before now, but because I have 2 small children hadn't been able to set aside the time. However, today when I read a not so favorable review mentioning in particular the staff, I felt compelled to speak out. My stay at Candlewood was nothing but incredible in every sense of the word. The rooms were immaculatly clean and incredibly spacious. I have an 8 month old, and the front desk immediatly asked if I would like a crib, delivering it to my room right away. in addition to the crib, they included extra blankets for my baby, as well as my 4 year old. I quickly discovered that they have not only a fitness center, but laundry facilities as well, both located very close to the room. I was amazed that the washers and dryers were free to guests, the pool was heated AND clean, they have 2 grills, and they have DVD players in the rooms as well as a great collection of DVD's to rent, (also free). As far as the staff at Candlewood, all I can say is it is few and far between that you meet people that TRULY care about your well being, but the folks there do just that. Linda and Carol especially went above qand beyond in every aspect, making my family feel immediately at home. (I was shocked at the review about these ladies, as they were just incredible to my family!!). They knew my children by name within the first 48 hours of our stay and were always there to answer questions, solve problems, and listen to literally everything either myself or my husband had to say. I felt pampered and very well taken care of during my month long stay at this hotel, and at the end, felt as though we were leaving a good set of friends that are the staff there. All in all, I would recommend the Candlewood Suites to anyone staying in the area, and look forward myself to any cahnce I will have in the future to stay myself.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Francesca C
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Wow, what a nice review!! We at Team Candlewood really appreciate the great feed back and support that you wrote. All of our team members read each review and take pride in our Hotel. It is guests like you that make it all worth while and we love taking special care of all our loyal customers.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#9 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops

Been to Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway? Share your experiences!