“Great place near the beaches of Sanibel.”

Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Springfield, Illinois
“Great place near the beaches of Sanibel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I continually return to Candlewood Suites when staying in Fort Myers. The rooms are large and comfortable with kitchens that have refrigerators, two stove tops, microwave, toaster, and dishwasher. All dishes are furnished. They have a free video library. And, free washer and dryers a real plus when you spend time at the beach. Clothes can go home clean and dry. It's only 25 minutes to Lighthouse Beach. There is also a pool, workout room, and a computer complete with printer for guests to use. Did I mention free wi-fi?Great rates round out the pluses of the property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Holly1521
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thanks so much for the very nice review. I can't really add anything more than you wrote but just wanted to thank you for being our loyal customer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We vacation in Fort Myers frequently and usually stay at the Residence Inn Sanibel Causeway which is a great hotel. However, this year, Expedia offered an unbeatable rate for Candlewood Suites so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. Our one-bedroom queen suite was spacious, beautifully decorated, comfortable and most important, extremely clean. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything we needed including a full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, range, pantry, dishes, pots, cutlery, even kitchen towels and dish washing soap. The hotel does not have a restaurant but this was not a problem for us as they are several good resturants in the vicinity. There is also a Publix Supermarket nearby.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AndieCMC
We are so glad you stayed with us being a normal Residence customer. At our hotel you get all the perks and more of a Residence, without the high price tag. We are so glad you discovered Fort Myers best kept secret and are a customer for life. Thanks for staying with us and come back soon!!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been on an extended stay with my family, and I'm glad we came across this great place to stay. We are locals as well, and we are familiar with the area, but had never stayed at Candlewood. We reviewed several other properties before settling her, and we're thrilled we did! After staying at Candlewood, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I was surprised when I read an uncomplimentary review mostly aimed at the staff. My stay at Candlewood has been great. I can't complain about anything. Our rates were terrific considering you have a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, pantry and stove top (along with dishes, utensils, and pots). The rooms were always very clean, and it always smells fresh. I have a small dog, so I do clean our room more often; but, housekeeping is always around if I need supplies (or the front desk can accommodate all your needs). They always check with me anyways to see if I want my room cleaned. They work hard, and are always more than courteous! Even though it is a pet friendly hotel, you would never know it because it always smell clean. The laundry facilities are fantastic and the washers and dryers were free to guests. That itself increases the bonus of staying here. The pool is always clean, and they have 2 grills which we have used. They also have DVD players in the rooms as well as a great collection of DVD's to rent (also free). When it comes to the staff at Candlewood, they are all polite and attentive. Linda and Carol always made us feel at home. In the morning before I go to work, I was always greeted with a friendly hello and a smile when I get my cup of coffee in the Candlewood Pantry. They have items there if you forget to pack it, or snacks, etc. Coffee is always ready any time of day or night! The staff is always there to answer questions, solve problems, and sometimes just to listen. There really are some great people working there. They have upgraded things like the cable and internet as well. I also like that it's semi-secluded, yet close to everything. I have read that it looks like the view of a swamp in the back. It is preserved area protecting some wildlife with a bridge over the water. It's pretty awesome when you can take pictures and see the pair of bald eagles, alligators, owls, etc. without having to hike or go camping. It's literally right in your own backyard! Overall, I would recommend the Candlewood Suites to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LilLion25
Wow, we at Team Candlewood really appreciate such a glowing review. After reading your nice comments, it is evident that you were really suprised about all the great amenities that we have to offer. From our staff, laundry facitliy, cupboard store, great wildlife... Thanks so much for taking the time to write this, we will see you soon!!
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Myself and my family stayed at The Candlewood Suites this year from July the 8th until August the 2nd while we were waiting for the home we were moving into to be ready for us. Because we are from the area, (we both work on Sanibel Island), we are familiar with most if not all of the hotel options, but had never stayed at Candlewood. I had every intention of writing a review before now, but because I have 2 small children hadn't been able to set aside the time. However, today when I read a not so favorable review mentioning in particular the staff, I felt compelled to speak out. My stay at Candlewood was nothing but incredible in every sense of the word. The rooms were immaculatly clean and incredibly spacious. I have an 8 month old, and the front desk immediatly asked if I would like a crib, delivering it to my room right away. in addition to the crib, they included extra blankets for my baby, as well as my 4 year old. I quickly discovered that they have not only a fitness center, but laundry facilities as well, both located very close to the room. I was amazed that the washers and dryers were free to guests, the pool was heated AND clean, they have 2 grills, and they have DVD players in the rooms as well as a great collection of DVD's to rent, (also free). As far as the staff at Candlewood, all I can say is it is few and far between that you meet people that TRULY care about your well being, but the folks there do just that. Linda and Carol especially went above qand beyond in every aspect, making my family feel immediately at home. (I was shocked at the review about these ladies, as they were just incredible to my family!!). They knew my children by name within the first 48 hours of our stay and were always there to answer questions, solve problems, and listen to literally everything either myself or my husband had to say. I felt pampered and very well taken care of during my month long stay at this hotel, and at the end, felt as though we were leaving a good set of friends that are the staff there. All in all, I would recommend the Candlewood Suites to anyone staying in the area, and look forward myself to any cahnce I will have in the future to stay myself.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Francesca C
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Wow, what a nice review!! We at Team Candlewood really appreciate the great feed back and support that you wrote. All of our team members read each review and take pride in our Hotel. It is guests like you that make it all worth while and we love taking special care of all our loyal customers.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Safe area, close to Publix grocery store, CVC and Walgreens, and a few restaurants like Ruby Tuesday's and Five Guys.
Just down the road from the Sanibel Causeway, which costs $6 one way.
Avoid the first floor if you have pet allergies.
The bed is pushed up against the wall, and the wall is dirty. Just FYI if you have two sleeping in a queen bed room.
Comfortable seating in the room, good cable selection, lovely pool area. GREAT convenience to have laundry for free.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor if you have pet allergies.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J0yLady
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Great value, Nice stay says it all. Thanks for the terrific review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your patronage and please come back soon!!
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed in this Candlewood in January of 2013. I loved it so much, I have decided to make it my home for the next year. Unfortunately, I have been delayed in getting there due to two unexpected hip surgeries in California. I knew this Candlewood was renovating rooms, so I requested that they hold a particular room for me, and I am paying for the room while still in California. This is how much I desire to live in this hotel. The staff have been wonderful to work with me long distance and have been very accommodating. In particular, Dan, Lynn and Carol have been terrific. Written on behalf of Julia Gnuse.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Reve B
Ms. Gnuse, thank you for the kind words about our wonderful Hotel & staff. Yes, the staff makes all the difference in the world and we have the Best in Fort Myers. Thanks for all the nice comments and we look forward to your arrival. Get well soon and we will see you shortly.
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a couple of nights at the Candlewood Suites. We were on a vacation for his birthday. The hotel was lovely. While not fancy it has everything you need. From the lovely woman at the front desk to the night desk person everyone was very nice. We needed glasses for our room and the maintenance man got right on that and made sure we had everything we needed. This hotel is very near to both Sanibel and Fort Myers beach. We enjoyed the Edison Museum in Fort Myers. All and all a great place to stay. We will go back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
What can I say but thank you for the compliments and the great review. I would have to agree that we are the best kept secret in Fort myers. A five diamond hotel at a great price! please tell your friends and come back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#11 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,007 reviews
Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75

Been to Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway? Share your experiences!