“Excellent place to stay”

Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at this Candlewood Suites in Ft. Myers for a week for a business trip. It was so nice to have a full kitchen so I could cook my own food in my room. The bed was extremely comfy & they have your choice of 3 different types of pillows. I was working at the Health Park hospital which was just across the street, very convenient. Ft. Myers Beach was a very short drive so I got to enjoy off hours R&R out there. Carol checked us in & was extra nice getting us a great rate. Everyone that worked the front desk was extremely pleasant.

Room Tip: My room was on the back side which faces a nice pond. Rooms facing the front look out over the park...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel. I am very glad that we could be your "home away from home". Facing the back side of the building seems to be a favorite of most of our guests. Fort Myers beach is beautiful, and I hope that you were able to catch one of our fabulous sunsets.

We look forward to having you as our guest during your next visit to Fort Myers, FLorida

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I are young seniors who decided to book a last minute week vacation to meet our new Grandbaby girl,Emerson and to visit her big brother,Max. We are independent soles and like our privacy. We like to come and go as we please without disturbing anyone or putting anybody out. So.....we wanted accommodations that were warm and homey. This venue fit our needs perfectly! The rooms were a good size,modern,clean, decorated nicely, comfortable and Quiet! We were not bothered by housekeeping each morning nor did we ever hear them cleaning adjacent rooms. If we needed any towels etc. it was taken care of immediately. The option of when we wanted our room cleaned was left up to the guest. I liked the magnetic signs that could be placed on the door making housekeeping aware of the guests needs or requests. Another amenity I liked was the self-serve laundry room with a full size workout room altogether in the same room. You could work out and wash your clothes. If you don't have time to do your own laundry all you have to do is put it in a bag. The hotel staff wil pick it up,launder it and return it by the end of the day. The pantry llocated across from the front desk was a nice compliment to the kitchenette. It was well stocked with sinful, as well as, healthy snacks and easy microwavble meals that you could pick up on your way back to your room after a long day. Movies are available to guests as well as the use of the livingroom/office complete with T.V., computer, books, brochures of local points of interest and comfortable furniture and good lighting to read or accomplish what you need to do in the mini office area.. With the help of staff member Harris, I was able to check on our return flight arrangements,check-in, and print our boarding passes and print directions to the airport.,using the Hotels' computer. The staff was friendly,attentive, and accommodating with all our needs no matter how small. I have only one suggestion or tip for the staff. On check-in of out-of-state guests, make them aware that the sign out back that says, " Please don't feed the Alligators and wild Boar", is not a joke! Us Northerners do not expect to encounter an Alligator when they are having their morning coffee!!! ,even though we know there are Alligators in Florida! I now realize, and appreciate, all the wildlife that so closely co-habitates with all you Floridians'. Thank you Harris, Carol, Clarke, and the Custodian from Masachusetts, (Sorry we never exchanged names), for making us feel at home! We'll Be Back!!!!

Room Tip: Next time I would request to be on the end of the hall above the pool near the Exit door just to be...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Candlewood Suites in Fort Myers, Fl. Our staff really loves to read that they have made our guests feel at home.

We look forward to your next visit! Have a great Holiday Season.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this Candlewood Suites and have to say that there has been improvements from our last stay (not that there was anything wrong last time, just minor issues that have more than been resolved!!). They have renovated the meeting/livingroom areas and they look very nice and welcoming. The staff (Carol and Harris) were fabulous as usual. Friendly and helpful and willing to offer advise when needed. They make you fell like they want you to stay at the hotel!
The only downside to our stay was the gentleman (Clarke) that we encountered at check in (and a few evenings during our stay). When we checked in we were met by one of the most unfriendly people I have ever run into at a hotel before. We were not offered even so much as a hello. He simply took our information and handed our reg. card to us. There was nothing about the check in process to make you believe that he wanted you to be there. There were no other guests checking in at the time and it was only 4:30 pm. And when we had a small probelm with the TV's in the room, he was rather short and unhelpful (I finally asked him to have maintenance look at it the next day rather than have him SIT on my bed anymore!). Maybe Carol or Harris could show him how to be friendly and accommodating!!!
We'll be back, but hopefully we'll not encounter Mr. Grumpy-Pants next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Candlewood Suites in Fort Myers Florida. I am sorry that Clark was not very helpful. No excuses for that. As usual, Carol and Harris continue to get positive comments. We look forward to your next stay with us. Once again, I apologize for Clark's grumpy attitude.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I love this place and highly recommend it! If you're looking for the best of both worlds, low price and luxury, stay here! The rooms are modern and impeccably clean. It's about 4-5 miles to Fort Myers Beach, but it's definitely worth it if you like newer clean rooms. I stayed in a studio suite, which had a furnished kitchen, flat screen TV, great view of the woods, comfortable bed, large bathroom. You won't find a deal like this on the beach.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Myers/Sanibel, Florida.

I will definitely share your comments with the entire staff and especially the housekeeping staff, as they work so hard to maintain the cleanliness of the property.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Our daughter was admitted into a near by hospital. It was an emergency, we wanted a hotel as close to the hospital as possible,not being familiar with the area started to look at TRIPADVISOR. We found great reviews on Candlewood in Ft Myers close to the hospital. Carol was referenced as being very helpful and in our family's time of GREAT distress we needed to speak to a understand person. I decided to call her directly and the reviews were SO correct. She was so warm, understanding,helpful we felt so good after speaking to her we just knew would stay at Candlewood just because of her warm welcome. She gave us all the information we needed to make our stay comfortable, she always asked how our daughter was doing etc. Thank you Candlewood for a great stay. And Carol words cannot express our heartful thanks to you. And Harris for checking us out and asking about how thing are going with our daughter and wished us a safe trip going back home. Very family feel.....without a doubt we would stay any time again, everything is clean and well taken care of.

Room Tip: I would assume all the rooms are good, all with a kitchenette which was great. Rear rooms face some...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review for the Candlewood Suites in Fort Myers/Sanibel, Florida. We hope that your daughter is doing well. Carol, Harris and the rest of the team are very caring and love to make everyone feel at home.

Once again, thank you for your glowing review and have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at candlewood previously and we stayed there again when we were having work done on a condo we had purchased. We were happy to see Carol at the desk when we walked in. Carol is professional and friendly and helped us with every request we had including a tv remote problem. When Carol is not working Harris is there and he is a great representative for candlewood. They both make a wonderful first impression. Thank you Carol and Harris.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
TeamCandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Candlewood Suites Ft. Myers/Sanibel. I am very fortunate to have the team that I do. I know that they will always take care of our guests. It is such a pleasure to hear such wonderful reviews. I will be sure to pass these wonderful comments to the team.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Everything was great about Candlewood Suites starting with Harris, Carol and Clark at the front desk to the very clean and extremely functional suite which we loved. We are new Carriage House owners at nearby Lexington Country Club and originally booked only 3 nights but wound up staying 9 due to issues in furnishing our Condo which prevented us from moving in. This could have been a disaster had it not been for Candlewood which saved the day... the amenities are many including in house laundry which we did take advantage of. We also enjoyed breakfast each day in our fully equipped kitchenette. There is a fitness center, lounge and snack bar as well.

Before I retired, I traveled 2 or 3 times a month and I can honestly say...Candlewood is Top Class at very reasonable rates !

Walt & Nancy Hojnacki

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Candlewood Suites Ft. Myers/Sanibel Forida. It is with great pleasure that I pass these comments to the team at the Candlewood Suites. They are a hard working, dedicated team.

I hope that you have been able to settle into your new home! Contgratulations, this is always such an exciting time (once all the furniture arrives!).

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#10 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75
Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park
8 mi away
Best Western Fort Myers Inn & Suites

Been to Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway? Share your experiences!