“Wouldn't go back again.”

WoodSpring Suites Fort Myers Southeast
Ranked #45 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The room was like it stated. The beds were firm but comfortable. The rooms were clean. I didn't like how it was billed. It wasn't clear what was paid for and what was included. I thought my internet was already paid for and they stated that it hadn't been included and I had to pay more. From their billing, I couldn't tell.

The internet connection was slow to start with, and was no faster than dial up during parts of the day.

My main problem with the place was the constant pounding from a toddler running back and forth across their room, which was somewhere around us but you couldn't tell from which one, and this went on continuously the whole time we were there. Evidently there is no insulation for noise in the building as it was loud enough to be very irritating. I complained to the management but they said they couldn't determine where it was coming from so they offered to move us to another room. Only problem was that instead of moving us to another part of the building, they moved us from the 3rd floor to the second floor to a room directly below where we were. The noise was just as loud there. I didn't feel like carrying all of our belongings to yet another room, so we put up with this for a couple of more days but left one day early. We also talked to another visitor who had the same problem. The management said sorry but really didn't seem too concerned about remedying the problem.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hoosierblue
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Fort Myers Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Value Place Management

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Stay away from this place. I booked it for a week and we only lasted 3 days our backs and whole body's hurt so bad! The beds are hard as wood. The rooms are small. TVs are old. The lighting is gloomy. And shady people actually live here it seems. Every time we got in the elevator it smelt so bad you had to hold ur breath the whole way up! The lady at the front desk was in NO hurry to help anyone. We came back three times to get new towels and stood there waiting for her at least 10 minutes without her even acknowledging us. It is well worth spending the extra money to go somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2011
6  Thank Anonymous123450
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We stayed at the Value Place in Fort Myers on Colonial Blvd. in Feb. and found it very nice. Our room was very clean and the staff was very nice. As others have stated the bed was a little hard, but it was not that bad. We could not hear noise from other rooms unless you were in the hall. For the price I would say it was fine. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skreech-27
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Excellent value for the money ($230 for a week). Clean and functional. Staff very helpful. Only criticism, no pool to chill out by.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank marcobb
Reviewed June 26, 2010

They charge you a deposit plus a full week on your credit card, which is and extra $100 charge! They give you many rules and paper to fill out when you check in and check out. Does not feel like a hotel at all. Front desk is only business hours. Our a/c, cable, phone and bathroom lights went out but no one to contact to report. Everything about this place is cheap, the beds are hard and crappy. They also charge you $7 linen fee. They give you 2 cheap towels and hand towels to use. I will not be stayin here ever again!

1  Thank happymoma
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Stayed for 2 weeks here what a nightmare. Supposed to be efficiencies, they are if you bring a toaster, coffee maker, pots pans and everything else. 19 in tv, no clostes 2 drawers. Beds are a joke 2 in mattress on a piece of wood no box spring. I had ann emergency while ther spent 5 days in the hospital came back to find all my laundry was thrown out. Spoke to ryan(manager) IQ of about 12, accused me of making the whole thing up that I probably had no clothes at all there. I contacted COprporate Offices 10 days ago still haven't got even a back yet. Save your money

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
8  Thank meandtheboyz
VP-Clean-Safe-Simple, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Fort Myers Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Before you check-in to Value Place Extended Stay Hotel we offer you a tour of our property and the room type you request so that you can see the value for yourself, and to ensure all your needs will be met. If a reservation is made online, we suggest taking a virtual tour on our website so that you can see how much money you'll save on our wonderful brand-specific amenities.

This property has recently come under new management and received wonderful reviews via the check-out surveys each guest completes upon departure. The Value Place promise is to provide our guests with a outstounding customer service in a simple, clean and safe environment at the most affordable cost while being flexible to your needs- without sacrificing comfort. If at any time you feel these promises are not met we encourage you to contact the District Manager so that a resolution can be made immediately.

VP Management

Reviewed April 7, 2009

This was my second time staying at Value Place on Colonial Blvd....All the staff are just great. When someone checks out they clean right in the corners and that is great, espically with bed bugs on the rise, You wont find any here. There is lots of food places in the area, Walmart is just walk up the road. Calusa nature and planitarium is close by too. Next winter I am going to stay there again, this time for 4 months...

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends