“Perfect for small workshop or bigger meeting”

Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Bokeelia, Florida
“Perfect for small workshop or bigger meeting”
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I brought a small non-profit workshop to the resort for training, education and networking. The staff we worked with were pleasant, professional and accommodating. We were able to negotiate a competitive room rate with lots of great services added. Our group meals were delicious and all of our attendees (volunteer who were paying their own way) commented on the great value. The staff from concierge to houskeeping to food and beverage and convention services were all friendly and helpful. We'll go back.

Sanibel Harbour is a beautiful resort, but it isn't out the price range for smaller non-profit groups. They will work with you and help you accomplish your meeting goals.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Lainimac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
Ft. Myers Beach, Fl
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I called to make the reservation during a normal business day around 10 AM and got transferred twice then finally got to leave a message on voice mail. I would expect this from a small mom n pop place not a huge corporation. Anyway someone called me back the next day and I was able to make a reservation. Check-in was great, staff was very helpful with our bags, and the lady at the check in desk was very nice and helpful. The room had an incredible view of the bay and was clean. We stayed in the Sanibel Tower. We ate on-site only once, but the food was great, and the service was very good too. If you want to go anywhere you will need a car. The resort charges a daily parking fee even for self-park, in addition to their daily resort fee. I personally think that is such bad business. And since the resort is on the Ft myers side, your trips to Sanibel will tack on another $6 toll for each trip you take over there. There is no real beach at this resort so keep that in mind if you book there wanting beachfront. The hotel was slow when we were there and I didn't see any children, however, the pool deck is nice and seemed kid friendly. We ordered room service one night, and the service was prompt, friendly, and the food was great. Our stay overall was fine, but I found the location to be a bit inconvenient. We check out and the next day I receive our bill where all the daily fees and taxes were listed, and then there was a mini bar fee on there for $9.95. Not sure what that was for as we had brought our own champagne and wine to celebrate our anniversary and never took anything from the bar. I called to inquire about this fee and again was passed around and transferred, only to get the voice mail again, except this time no one called me back. I am very busy and pick my battles carefully, and decided to let this go. Not sure why their service over the phone is so awful, unfortunate really, I won't stay here again because of that and the location.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank flrootsgirl
Irvine, California
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We just returned after a 4-day visit to the Sanibel/Ft Myers area. We stayed at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott and can't say enough about how wonderful our visit was. My grown son, his girlfriend and myself arrived Thanksgiving afternoon looking forward to some relaxation and exploring. From the moment we pulled up to the resort until the moment we left - I felt that each employee had gotten up that morning with plans to make all of their guests feel welcome. Our adjoining rooms were fabulous and the view could not have been any better! We researched before our trip and were aware there is not a beach at the resort. However, we were fine with this because it was a short drive to both Sanibel and Ft Myers. I simply can't say enough about the Sanibel Harbour and their wonderful employees. We felt like we were spending Thanksgiving with a huge family. Don't miss the dinner cruise - it's a blast!

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank BarbCooper
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort during the week of November 10th. We stayed at this hotel at the end of a vacation trip for a couple of nights. We moved to this hotel from the Marriott Marco Island Resort ( highly recommended). We were very disappointed at this hotel and would never stay there again. I am a frequent travaler and stay at Marriott hotels whenever I travel. The rooms at this hotel are nice and spacious. However, there are two towers (actually three but I think one of the towers is a condo resort) and unless you stay at the main tower, the Sanibel tower, you will have a long walk to obtain any services such as a cup of coffee. There is a huge bee problem at this hotel. The initial room we were assigned was on a top floor and when we went out on the patio there was a nest of bees making the patio unusable. The bees are everywhere. We spent most of our time by the main pool during the day and the bees were everywhere. A few people were stung.

This hotel is not actually one Sanibel Island. It is in Ft Myers at the Sanibel Harbor just before the bridge that leads to Sanibel Island. The real problem is that this hotel is isolated. There is nothing around it. You will need a car to get to restaurants, beaches etc.. There hotel is not on a beach. After a day, you will be bored and tired of the food which has a limited menu and overpriced. Cab fares from this location are high so you will want a car or prepare to be bored.

The real kicker is the $15 add on "resort fee" they charge per night on every room no matter what rate you are paying. I have never, ever stayed at a Marriott and had to pay a resort fee in addition to my room rate. Why don't they just include this in the room rate.

I would not recommend this hotel. There is nothing around it, it is not on a beach, the food choices are limited, it s not actually on Sanibel Island, the resort fee is a joke and you will be swarmed by bees. There are much better choices then this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mbateacher
Buenos Aires
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Hotel is great! Excellent view of the bay. You can stay there for hours watching at birds and the sea. IT has several restaurants where you can esat and have a drink. All of them are wonderful with great service. The SPA and Fitness center was very complete and with a lot of details: apples, water, small towels, earphones and more. The only thing is that you have to go by car If you want to get somewhere out of the hotel. But beaches and restaurants are not that far. Indeed, it has an outlet just one mile away. To sum up: I´ll be back as soon as I have the possibility.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mfilarent
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sanibel Harbour Resort. This is the first time since Marriott took over this property. We had stayed there many times before. They have done a very nice job with updating the rooms and hallways. New carpeting and paint. Nice and fresh. We had a room that overlooked San Carlos Bay. You can't beat the view. It was fun to watch the boats and dolphins. Very relaxing.
I have to mention how friendly the staff was. From the minute we pulled up to check in. We were greeted and made to feel at home. Everyone we spoke to or passed by, acknowledged us with a Hello and big smile. You can tell they are serious about their customer service. In this day and age, it is refreshing to come across a staff so eager to please.
I highly recommend this Marriott and we will be returning again real soon.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sastone56
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I was just there about 2 weeks ago with my two young daughters and husband and it is a fantastic resort. From the well prepared front desk staff, to the kind and kid-friendly concierge and restaurant wait-staff, everyone went above and beyond to help us and to make the kids smile. I was so touched by how respectful an generous they were to my little ones throughout the 3 days we were there. It is probably the only place I will stay when I am there now. I am a loyal fan for life.

Accomodations are clean, roomy, and overlook a beautiful sunset from most rooms and the starbucks in the lobby is a definite plus for a tired Momma like me.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
#11 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
#6 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach

Been to Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!