“Outstanding customer service, beautiful landscaping, wonderful views!”

Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding customer service, beautiful landscaping, wonderful views!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend at this resort. From the time we registered until the time we left we enjoyed delicious food in all the restaurants, superior customer service from the front desk staff, wait staff, housekeeping, and the management team. We have been all over the U.S. and the Carribean and this resort ranks in the top 3. The property is older so there is some cosmetic improvement that could be made but it does not affect your stay. You will love spending time here. Thanks you very much, Sanibel Marriott Team!

Room Tip: Captiva Tower has lovely views facing the bay. We stayed on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Connie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this property the 1st weekend in Nov 2012. Staff was very polite-and grounds were beautifully kept. There is no beach to speak of, however nice pools-and it was not crowded when I was there, which is always a plus. I had never stayed in this part of Florida, and I was under the impression that the hotel was in Sanibel. It is not...you must go over the bridge, which is literally right at the base of the hotel. It is not far, so if you have a car-no problem.

I stayed in Captiva Tower, which does have a great view of the sunsets. However-where my room was, it was very close to the bridge...so there was the noise of traffic most of the time to contend with. They happen to be dredging the harbour right there, so come Monday morning the noise from the construction vehicles was very apparent. They were not operationg on Sat and Sun though, so it wasn't too annoying (and I left Monday night anyway).

All in all-I would give the hotel 7 out of 10. The staff was great-the weather was great, and after coming from the Northeast and dealing with Hurricane Sandy all week-it was a nice respite. I also like flying in and out of RSW (Ft Myers),,smaller airport-less of a scene from MIA or even TPA..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank peas2u
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We just returned from the hotel and I was stunned when I read some of the reviews. I do not understand who someone could go on a vacation to this property and find anything to complain about. The hotel was beautiful. The rooms were clean and well maintained. Beds couldn't have been more comfortable. The staff at the hotel was very accommodating, friendly and efficient. We originally were booked into the Captiva tower. Although the rooms were very spacious and well decorated, we requested, and were moved to the Harbour tower. The Captiva is far from the main building where most of the resort facilities are. The hotel has a fishing dock where we saw dolphins every day of our vacation. they offer free bike rentals. The health club has an exercise room. The pool is lovely and large enough for lap swimmers. We ate at two of the restaurants which had very good food. We had a throughly, delightful relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: The Captiva tower was more remote and quiet. If you want more convenient access to the facilities, s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank pvtod
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've traveled extensively in the U.S. and by far this hotel and location were the best I've ever had. We were half way through our 1.5 month road trip across the U.S. and we decided to leave New Orleans and head to the gulf coast of Florida. I had visited the gulf with my family as a small child and had great memories of the white soft sand beaches. So my husband and I booked into this location using the Marriott website. We paid slightly higher than we usually do because from the pictures on the hotel website and my location search using Google Maps I could see we would be right on the water.

Although when we arrived we found construction going on in the main lobby, however their wasn't really any noise and it didn't really affect our ability to utilize everything at the hotel. This hotel really was a resort. They had so many activities available for people. They had a game room which would be great for kids. They had a small fishing dock that they would loan/rent out fishing equipment. They had awesome couple hammocks on their mini harbor side beach. My husband and I went out in the evening after drinks and sat together in one and relaxed. It was so great. The hotel pool looked nice although we didn't use it. We headed over to Sanibel Island which is about a mile away by car, or you can walk too. The hotel concierge gave me a great map of the island noting the different beaches there and local grocery for food. I explained that my husband doesn't swim so we were looking for a shallow calm beach for him to enjoy the water. She told me of a perfect one and we headed out. The beach was amazing and my husband had a great time in the water enjoying it along with me. You could walk out in shallow water up to your knees for about 50 yards from the beach. The sand was the same as I had remembered it, so soft and white.

The hotel had a great bar with food. We had drinks outside on the veranda and watched a beautiful sunset. It was priced reasonably for a hotel bar and the service and food were top notch.

Another fantastic point to the hotel was our waterfront room. It had a great balcony with small table and chairs. We enjoyed this especially when we got a short rain storm during our stay which is frequent in Florida.

Overall our stay was the best we ever had, even compared to our Hawaii stays. The hotel was in a fantastice location and also a short drive to the main beach/pier in Ft. Meyers.

Highly reccommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Reserve a waterfront room, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lisaviva
Bob_Gambold
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked for our anniversary weekend originally a suite in the Captiva Tower. After arriving, we realized the Captiva Tower was a separated from the Sanibel Tower, which is the main part of the hotel where the restaurants were located. Just seems like there was more going on. Our original room was not ready yet, but the guy checking us in said he could put us in the Sanibel Tower, which we thought would work out better.

Overall, room was clean, great view (request the water view, not the resort view) and very happy with our stay.

We used a car service and went to a restaurant called Yabo yaborestaurant.com. Its a very eclectic place. I had blackened tuna, with crab meat and parmesan cheese and it was awesome.

Overall, very please with the resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bob_Gambold
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went there for our anniversary. You know peace, quiet, water, good food, great views.....
Please know this hotel is not on Sanibel Island. It is on the mainland (Fort Myers) shoreline.
It was in total reconstruction ! Noise everywhere! Total lobby reconstruction. Our first room faced another building's roof! We accepted the third room that I saw.
Restaurant was extremely limited & men were outside all windows drilling up all the old tile surface - very noisy; food mediocre at best! Outside was Very Hot (high 90's) and scant shade to relax in & too noisy. Final room was great & lovely balcony. The dinner cruise was very very nice with good food & great water time ! Grounds are very tropical with shrubbery.
Every time one goes to Sanibel there is a $6.00 bridge toll; if you have a FL SunPass it is better & less expensive. Sanibel visits were all great.
Hotel was not upfront about construction/noise on their website ! Furniture in rooms was old and paint chipping. Window glass was permanently 'foggy'. This Mariott was NOT up to any standard & totally unacceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room. Try to get a room in the main building, not Captiva Tower - it is a go...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank seniorsontheloose
Linn Creek, Missouri
Reviewed October 31, 2012

this was my 3rd time to this resort and its a great place we had a beautiful room with a great view. We're there for a conferance and all the staff was great and the food was very good as well. Definitly a great place to stay if your in this area for work or vacation great pools if traveling with the family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
Sanibel Island Beach Resort
#17 of 19 in Sanibel Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,244 reviews

Been to Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!