“Not Exactly a Typical Holiday Inn - Too Bad Could Only Stay One Night”

Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Roseville, California
“Not Exactly a Typical Holiday Inn - Too Bad Could Only Stay One Night”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Decided it would be better to stay at hotel near airport instead of driving from Fort Myers Beach at five in the morning on unfamiliar roads. Glad we made the right decision.

Not exactly what most envision a Holiday Inn to be like. Smart looking, very modern and above all friendly and very courteous staff. Huge pool in back along with spa. Add in a lake the size of a football field. Andrew at the front desk makes every attempt to make sure your stay is a good one. Phillips tends to your every need and desire in the dining room which by the way the dinner was great and Chef Murray well he did something that was first for us. The rolls first served were rock hard, Chef Murray went back and baked new rolls for us. What a nice touch and definitely a touch of class. The room was very comfortable with many ammenities.

If you are looking for experiencing the new "Holiday Inn" check out this hotel. You will not forget it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Thanks so much for your kind comments! I will pass on your compliments to Andrew, Philip and Chef Murray. They remain poised to serve you (and all guests) the next time Ft. Myers is in your travel plans.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Fort Myers, FL
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Very nice new hotel! Great amenities for the price; beautiful pool area and outdoor bar. Rooms are spacious and clean.

• Stayed October 2010
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write the favorable review of our hotel. Please stop by for our live Jazzy Hours each Friday evening and/or become a fan of our facebook page to view all of our upcoming activities. Thanks again!
Batangas City, Philippines
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel the night before a flight mainly for its convenience to the airport, but was very pleasantly surprised. It's very new and ultra-modern with a beautiful lobby, dining area and lounge. The food is great! The room was nicely decorated and the bed was luxurious! And in the early a.m., I discovered the view of the lake out back. Great service with wake-up and shuttle to the airport. I kind of wished I could have stayed a couple of days...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to write your positive comments. I will share with our staff, especially our Chef Murray Young, who takes great pride in his menu selection and food quality.
uk
Reviewed April 17, 2010

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel 3 times and I can thoroughly recommend this hotel as an airport hotel. Every person who works there are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. We travel to florida quite often from the UK and will always use this hotel as an overnight stay . The food in the restaurant is excellent. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Great to hear you loved our hotel (three times!) Please keep coming back when you are in the States.
Derby
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights as a base to explore SW Florida. For that, it's a great location, located about 2 minutes from the Interstate.

First impressions is of a nice, modern hotel. The welcoming lobby was bright and airy and the front desk were always friendly and efficient. The elevators take VERY long time to do anything and there was no easily staircase to bypass them to get to and from the room.

The room was large and spacious, modern and well furnished. The bed was slightly too soft for my own taste and there was a choice of two different types of pillows [though you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference].

There was a nice large desk area with free Wifi, plus a fridge, ironing board, iron and coffee maker. The air conditioning system was ridiculous, as it blew about 50% of the air behind the curtains and at night the drapes flapped around like something out of a cheap horror movie...

The bathroom had a very large shower, although the water pressure wasn't anything spectacular. Nice touch however was to have a towel hanging on the door handle ready for when you've finished. There was plenty of bathroom storage, and storage in general and the room was well kept and cleaned.

Outside the hotel is a nice pool area and a hot tub alongside a lake. The patio has an attractive fire pit at night, although the Interstate noise does mask the tranquillity somewhat. I'd love to tell you what the food was like, but the one night we were going to try it the hotel was overun with a cancelled flight which they didn't have enough staff for.

We tried the breakfast one morning and it really wasn't bad. The fresh omelettes were a nice touch and the food quality was ok.

You get many flight crew and people just doing a one night layover, which is a shame as it's really quite a nice hotel to stay at for longer. There's a free shuttle to the airport and a car rental depot inside the hotel. There's also a small fitness room with modern equipment and a business centre too.

All in all, we were very happy to stay here. The modern decor was much better than any holiday inn i'd ever stayed at, and it almost felt quite European in its design. I'd happily stay there again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the feedback. When opening a new hotel, we rely on great guest feedback such as this to quickly adjust the guest amenities to the proper levels of guest comfort.-one of them being the over-powered air conditioning. Since your visit, we have had all a/c units calibrated appropriately. One of the hotel owners is European, so I am sure he will appreciate your reference to the European feel of the decorl!
Cambridge, Minnesota
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My Wife and I stayed here at the begining and end of our trip. I will get the down side out of the way first and finish on it's good points. We got a great price on a excutive king room, however the room was not ready upon arrival at 2 pm (ahead of check-in time of 4pm) They offered us a smaller room that was ready to be occupied but did not offer to reduce the price of the room., which I felt was odd. We were tired from a long travel day and took the smaller room. Our stay was only for one night. I could hear the person snoring in the room next to us which was annoying. We returned for two more nights at the end of our trip 8 days later and it seemed that the staff from the front desk to the bar service was lacking in knowledge and exeperience and it really showed. First off we went to the bar and I ordered a "Alabama Slammer" this is a more difficult drink to know so I was not suprised that the bartender didn't know how to make it. I gave her instructions and it called for Sloe Gin and they were out of it. I then asked for a "Smith and Currins(sic) which I had on the first night we stayed there. She did not know how to makle it nor did I, so I moved on to "Baileys" on the rocks. No Bailys in stock. Then asked for a "White Russian" she did not know how to make that either!!. So I told her how. She seemed frusterated with either me or the lack of liquor on hand. She hastely grabbed at the glass and broke it on the end of the bar counter. The next day we went to the front desk and Inquired about the transportation shuttle between the and hoteland the airport for the next morning. We were told just show up at the top of the hour or 20 min after or 20 min to and they will take us. More on that later. That night the same bartenter was working and my wife ordered a "Black Russian" , the bartender wanted to put coffee in it and she was told no just put in Kahula and Vodka on the rocks. She stated that her book says it must have coffee. A man sitting at the bar who we had never met ,told her that he has drank them for years and never heard of coffee in it. She seemed frustrated again. The next morning we had the breakfast buffet and it was average to less at best. The food was not very hot and french toast over cooked and hard. However this seems to be a norm when you order a buffet from my past experience so I should have known better. Not too many places do a great buffet style breakfast in my opinion.
In the morning we went to the front desk to wait for the shuttle at 11:15 and asked the front desk woman about it. She asked if we had made a reservation, we told her "no we were told to just show up". We were told the shuttle guy was not near by and it would be a little bit before he would get here. He did get to us in a fairly quick time frame. We left plenty of time to get to the airport so we were not stressing. However it was another on a lack of communication and management that makes them look sloppy.

Now for the positive. This is a nice, clean hotel. Very new or recently remodeled. We had an excutive King on the last two days of our trip and it was very comfortable as was the first room we had earlier. There was free WI-FI for our laptop. The Bar and dining area was clean and fresh. Outside there was a gas fire pit to sit around at night and a poll and hot tub all looked great and inviting. There is a car rental place attached to the hotel and the price there was about 100.00 less than the airport rental places for the 9 days we needed it. There is complentary shuttle from airport to the hotel. A really nice mall accross the street, Recommend you drive there. It has a busy street to cross. It is convienent to the freeway and airport.
In closing I just feel management needs to have a better pulse on the working of their hotel. They have an awesome venue there and if they get the operations part picked up better it would be an outstanding hotel to spen some time at.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write the very comprehensive review. I appreciate the balance--pointing out the positive as well as the the areas we can improve upon. Hope you give us a chance to stay again--we'll all brush up on our Old Mr. Boston Bar Guides!
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed May 31, 2009

This is a brand new hotel that opened up a few months ago - it is super close to the RSW airport and the Gulf Coast Center shops (across the road)

The hotel is not your old style Holiday Inn - this is their new look and it's very nice. The service was very friendly - from the front desk to the maintenance team.

They have a very nice pool and patio area - the pool is your standard width for a hotel but longer than most hotel pool - very good for doing laps if you are into that. They also have a fire pit - and nice lounge furniture. The indoor bar area has a large sliding window which they could open to serve drinks through on the outside if they wanted to - they also have a large plasma tv mounted to the wall outside on the patio.

The one downside to this hotel is they have no complimentary breakfast. They do have a nice dining area for the restaurant and the booths have small flat panel tv's in them. The hotel staff was very friendly - one small item is when I checked out the front desk person said "ok, you are all set" I never got a "thanks for staying with us" type message - just a pet peeve of mine - very few businesses say 'thank you' when you complete a purchase.

The room was nice - clean and had a large walk in shower which was nice. The wi-fi seemed to have spotty performancde though - at least in my room - the lobby seemed fine - I had to get an ethernet cable from the front desk to ensure a better download speed while I worked.

The hotel was not very busy when I was there which was nice - they have a large convention or meeting room area and the business center was fine - although the printer was not working while there but they were working on fixing it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Dear Mike-MPLS; Thanks for choosing our hotel when you were in the area. Really glad you enjoyed our new prototype Holiday Inn. Since you were here, we have added more WiFi access points to fortify the wireless signal. Seems to have done the trick. Hope to see you again soon.