“Great Team Stay”

Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center
Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our lacrosse team had a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn Fort Myers Airport at Town Center last weekend! Ani, one of the managers was a great help in assisting us in setting up a block of rooms and breakfast details for our team. So many of our team parents sought me out to tell me how pleased they were with the choice of hotel. The location was very convenient to our lacrosse fields and the restaurants and shopping nearby were fantastic. The breakfast vouchers worked out so well for our team travelers and everyone, including myself, enjoyed the breakfast and the atmosphere! Our head coach really appreciated the upgraded room too! I can't say enough about how happy we were! The hotel was very clean and the staff was super helpful. If we play again in the area, we will definitely use your hotel again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear JlGabby, thanks so much for taking the time to write about your team's awesome experience at our hotel. i will share the good news with Ani and the rest of OUR team! several of us have had the opportunity to travel with our kid's teams, and experiencing sports travel from the guest's perspective was invaluable for us. We love being home base for sports teams, and try and be proactive with their needs. Hope you'll stay with us again!!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I like everything apart from restaurant food in hotel and house keeping. They are OK for day 1 and day 2. Then the food & service is horrible at hotel restaurant.

Room service will not change sheets on your bed until you request them. Also they don't vaccum the room everyday.

I can stay in hotel for short trip but will never have food downstairs(restaurant).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear SK, thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. I am glad that you enjoyed many facets of your stay, I will share your comments with appropriate staff. I am especially surprised about our inability to meet your expectations in our restaurant, as we usually receive rave reviews for our food. I would welcome the opportunity to hear more details, allowing us to quickly review and recover your trust in our operations. Once again, thank you for taking time out of your day, we take guest feedback very seriously and utilize it as a conduit for improvement.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during a conference that we attended. They have a shuttle that picks you up from the airport.

The hotel was new, very clean, rooms were comfortable and even had a restaurant and lounge. The housekeeping could be a little better. They didn't give you an option to change your sheets and I noticed they didn't vacuum our room each day. The restaurant was ok day one and two but after that we were using the hotel shuttle (no charge) to go to other local restaurants. The breakfast buffet was 10.95 and not very good. I would not have it again. The hotel also has a very nice patio in the back with a view of palm trees and a lake. They light the fire pit at night and it is very relaxing.

With a few adjustments this could be a great hotel. I would stay here again and appreciate the friendliness of the entire staff right down to the people who serviced our conference room.

Room Tip: High floor with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ms. Patti T, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on virtually all facets of our operation. We were happy we had the opportunity to host your recent conference, and I was personally pleased to have met many of the attendees. Thank you for noting the high degree of cleanliness of the hotel, and I'd like to let you know that as a Green Lodging establishment, we do have two notifications in the room allowing guest's choice in the frequency of laundering sheets and towels; We have added to the housekeeping checklist a certification of the presence of the cards in the guest rooms, as apparently the cards for your room were missing. Once again, thanks for taking the time, we are always striving to improve, hope to see you in a few months!!!!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was honestly surprised about how nice the hotel was! The hotel is completely new and is very well maintained. Everything is clean and the staff goes out of their way to help. The hotel has a great location close to the airport, so you can just their free shuttle, which is very convenient. Loved the food at the restaurant too! Can't beat the value! Would definitely recommend and will be back!!

Room Tip: Get the lake view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lilynka
MauriceM_10, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Lilynka; thank you very kindly for taking the time to "tell the world on tripadvisor" how impressed you were with our hotel. I will pass the great comments on food to Chef Murray. Also appreciate your acknowledgement of the staff; they have recently won the Torchbearer Award for top customer service. We hope you will return soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was there for a baseball tournament and I must say the place is clean, well kept, large, and tasty! The room was much larger than expected. A glass shower instead of a tub was spotless! AC was a little loud, but kept the room at the perfect temperature. Front desk (Andy) always had a smile and helpful. I only had ONE issue at breakfast when I asked for turkey sausage instead of pork. The woman insisted I had to pay when I knew I didn't. I was without the first day, but it was cheerfully served the second (still surprised why I didn't blast that woman.) Though I didn't use it, I was grateful to see a well-kept bar and I really wished I had used the restaurant. I would definitely stay there again! Great place for a team to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Traveling VBall Mom-thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. Several of us also have kids on traveling sports teams so we get to see both sides of the situation and try and make the teams who choose to stay with us feel special. Sorry about the sausage mix-up, of course you are correct there should not have been a charge for the substitution. I have used your comments to emphasize that with our restaurant staff. We also will reward Andy for having his name mentioned in a positive way. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next tournament in the area.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I own a residential moving company, and I arrived at the hotel late after a 21 hr drive. I didn't have a reservation, but did find that there was a room available. There was a pretty nasty lighting/rain storm going on. The young lady at the desk, Hunter, was very nice and ready to help. I adviser her that I wanted to pay cash for the room and she advised me there was a $50 deposit. No problem. I did show her my credit card but did not want to use the card, as I did not want to have a charge on it. I paid cash for the room $94.35. Hunter seemed to be new and Fransico came over to help her with the booking. He gave me back the $50 deposit since I showed him the credit card, assuring me there would not be a hold on the account unless I charged something to the room. I asked for a smoking room, but was informed it was a non smoking room and could smoke out in front of the hotel.
After entering the room, my husband went down in the lobby to complain about an odor in the room and dirty towels on the bathroom floor. The person at the desk apologized and gave him a card for a free appetizer at the Happy Hour bar. Check out is at 11am, and it was already past the bars hrs when we checked in. The coupon was of no use to us at all, but at least it was an effort. We also asked for coffee and was told to go to the restaurant to buy it. There was a pot in the room, but no coffee to put in it. After my step son went back to explain we wanted coffee for the room, not just to have a cup on coffee, Katherine begrudgingly gave him a packet for the room.
My husband and traveling companions went out several times during a lighting storm to smoke. They carried empty water bottles with them to dispose of any cigarette ashes or butts.
I ordered pizzas from room service. After a 1/2 hr wait, room service arrives, and I paid cash for the pizza. Delivery had no change so I ended up paying $40 for 2 $9.95 pizzas. The pizza itself was not good, downright tasteless. But after such a long drive, we were hungry and ate what we ordered and went to bed.
At 10:00am, housekeeping gave a slight knock and opened my door before I could answer it. I told her I did not need housekeeping, with her response being, but you are leaving. I told her not until 11 and I did not need her service at this time.
I checked out promptly at 11 and went on my way.
After checking my bank account, I found 4 different charges on the card from this Holiday Inn. Total of the charges equaling $500!!! My husband called, yes irate. The person who answered the phone, Asst. Gen Mgr, Julio said they charged us for smoking in the room, $250, and the other charges were just holds. After arguing that we did not smoke, he agreed to refund the charge. It is not Tuesday afternoon, and I have yet to see the credit, or these mystery holds removed from my account.
As of now I have paid nearly $600 for a room I rented for less than 15 hrs!! I have stayed in many Holiday Inn's throughtout the country and have never had such a terrible experience. I promise that this customer will never be back, and will advise others to beware.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Angelina S
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not feel the warmth and service which other guests on tripadvisor have been raving about. As a point of clarification, when cash and/or debit cards are used for payment, hotels require an additional deposit (usually $50 per night) in the event of damage or room charges. The bank authorizes the deposit and those funds are frozen until the bank releases them. Oftentimes that occurs several days after check-out. We recall that you requested a smoking room, but many hotels are opting to be smoke free or limit their smoking inventory to one or two rooms. Smoking in non-smoking rooms costs hotels thousands of dollars to rid the room of the persistent stench of nicotine. Although debris and odor of nicotine was reported in the room, and despite being barraged with profanity-laced tirades about the charge, our manager Julio refunded the smoking charge as well as offered to speak to the bank requesting early release of the $50 deposit. A positive hotel experience works both ways: the hotel staff provides services and amenities for the guests and in return the guests show consideration of other guests, care of the facility and respect for the staff.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

From the first time I met the stay until we left three days later, they provided exceptional service. Esp Brian Holly (the manager). he went out of his way to help us and make our staff the best it could be. I ususally stay at Marriotts and Holiday Inns are my second choice, but I'm glad I had the opp to stay here. Additionally I was concerned that this hotel would have that "sandy" mildew smell like many Florida hotels. - obviously, this was not the case. This hotel is a true 5*, and one of my top hotels that I've ever stayed at. Everything is new, clean and very near hwy, food, shops, etc... I highly recommend staying here. Dan Buttrey

Room Tip: Large clean very nice rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan B
MauriceM_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Mr Dan B--it was really great meeting you and your family at our hotel. Thanks so much for writing a nice review of our hotel and especially noting the excellent service provided by our staff. We hope to see you again soon, and we expect we will see Ty on television before long~!