“awesome A++”

Magic Wind Adventure Sailing
Ranked #1 of 63 Tours in Fort Myers
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Magic Wind Adventure Sailing specializes in sailing adventures on the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Fort Myers Beach Florida. Half Day Sails, Sunset Sails and Overnight/Custom Charters are available.I've been in business since 2007 in Fort Myers Beach and enjoy sharing the Magic of the Sea aboard s/v Star of Orion, a 38 foot sailing yacht. I look forward to our time on the sea.
Reviewed April 21, 2009

"sanibel island"
in 15 reviews
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed April 21, 2009

My wife Katie & I have sailed with Captain Paul on the Star of Orion 3 times. In January we first sailed on a sunset sail which was fun at the start & romantic near the end. The boat is very comfortable, providing lots of places to sit, outside in the sun or shade, and inside if you'd like. We spent most of our time outside. We brought a bottle of champagne & shared a toast with Dan & Barb, a couple we met on the sail. Katie blew the conch at sunset, becoming a member of the Conch Club( see http://www.sailmagicwind.com/).
A week later, we went on a 1/2 day sail, looking for more time on the boat. Captain Paul let me sail some, while teaching me a little about sailing. On both trips we saw dolphins and on this trip we saw a sea turtle. Pretty cool. After this experience we decided it might be fun to spend a night on the boat. So, we booked an overnight sail. It was way beyond our expectations. Captain Paul is also a good cook! Sleeping on the boat was really neat! Sailed to Cabbage Key, the inspiration for Jimmy Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise", had cheeseburgers, and found a new definition for "Water bed". First time either of us had slept on a boat. Loved it.
We will do it again next year!

Reviewed April 14, 2009

My husband, Barry Ruhl, & I booked Capt. Paul & the Orion for an overnight cruise to Cabbage Key when our friends, (Heather & Gerry Querengesser), from Ontario came for a visit. What a fantastic time we had! Bedrooms fore & aft on the sailboat & Capt. Paul is a great cook. After one of his breakfasts - you don't need to eat till much, much later in the day. Once we hit the Gulf we saw two manta rays leaping out of the water along with dolphins that followed us for awhile. Capt. Paul is more than accomodating in teaching you about sailing & giving you the opportunity to take the helm if that is your wish - which for me it was. After we got home - it took us a week to wipe the smiles off our faces.
The 4 of us are looking forward to a longer trip next spring to Key West on the Orion with Capt. Paul!

1  Thank ruhler
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Our favorite Fort Myers Beach experience was sailing and dock-hopping with Capt. Paul from sailmagicwind.com (Star of Orion). We booked online and he customized our time to our liking - a 4 hr. sail, followed by a progressive dinner at the local dockside restaurants by pedi-cab (a mini bike attached to a tuk tuk complete with a thatched roof!), then we stayed overnight on the boat and he fixed us a great breakfast the next morning before we were off. This was truly a custom experience with all the things we enjoyed, and he was a great tour guide and captain.

1  Thank MoCarol
See more reviews
Reviewed March 20, 2009

What a great day sailing! Capt. Paul is very relaxed and puts you at ease immediately. Boat is VERY clean and well suited for large parties (six in our group). Everyone was able to find a comfortable spot to sit and enjoy the ride. My father and me both took turns at the wheel of Star of Orion and we were very impressed with her handling (we sail an Ericson 27 on Lake Erie). Great time! The four hours flew buy and before we knew it, we were heading back to an excellent dinner at Parrot Key Grill at Salty Sams. Excellent! Thanks Capt. Paul!

2  Thank LakeErieHighBall