“What a hidden treasure!”
Review of Roadhouse Cafe

Roadhouse Cafe
Ranked #6 of 868 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Best Food, The Best Service, & The Best Entertainment South West Florida Has to Offer!
Reviewed July 22, 2013

On last Saturday we wanted to try out something different, and scrolled tripadvisor for some good suggestions. We landed on Roadhouse, and we are so glad we did! What was a pity was that we had not pre-booked a table as the restaurant was full from 07:30. But Marc, the owner, arranged a table for us so we had the time for our dinner. We had to miss out the music, but will definately make that the next time! I had the Kobe carpaccio for appertizer and it was perfect - you actually could eat it with your elbows! And the scallops was cooked to perfection. The same goes for the risotto which is an art to cook right. Even that I was so full, I just had to try the Rocky Roadhouse cake. Wow. My stomache aced for hours, but boy, it surely was worth it! The waiters were very professional, and as I run a fine dine restaurant, that is one of the things I really appreciate when going out for dinner! Dear Marc and lovely wife! Congratulations! We will be back next year!

1  Thank Hanne E

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The Roadhouse Cafe is a hidden gem in the Ft Myers area. A Jazz group was playing as we walked into this restaurant.
An asparagus soup with mushrooms was our appetizer.
We then ordered a stuffed chicken entree and their scallop special with rissota. Both were excellent.
The atmosphere is very romantic and the jazz was great.
A truly marvelous experience!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful food and service. I had scallops over risotto. It came topped with bean sprouts which could only have been fresher if still planted. Prices were a little high but there is nightly entertainment. The atmosphere was perfect: like a New York supper club.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I enjoy live Jazz, so we did a google search when we were snow birding in Ft. Myers Beach for the winter. We were delighted to find out that the Roadhouse Cafe was just a few miles from our RV Resort and we went there on a whim on Christmas Eve. We had eaten dinner before we went, but we were fortunate to get a table in the bar area and we ordered appetizers and drinks while we listened to the band. I was also delighted to find out that they offer several gluten and dairy free entrees (VERY unusual in the Ft. Myers beach area)!. The Roadhouse Cafe became our go-to place when we wanted to a place for out of town guests. We also introduced it to other couples that we met at the RV Resort. Everyone we took with us enjoyed it as much as we did. Several of the other reviewers noted that it's location is a bit secluded, but I agree with them, do not let that fool you! The food, the atmosphere and service is extraordinary and the live Jazz band is the icing on the cake!

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are vacationing in Fort Myers. We enjoy using TA for picking our dining choices. We decided to try Roadhouse Cafe as it is listed as #2. I am so glad we did! The atmosphere is great, food and service top notch, and excellent live jazz. We enjoyed the service of Ed. As for the food, we began with mussels. I had the veal and Gorgonzola sauté while my husband had the filet and scallops. We also enjoyed the homemade cheesecake. We highly recommend this restaurant for a delicious meal and quality entertainment.