“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #5 of 857 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Best Food, The Best Service, & The Best Entertainment South West Florida Has to Offer!
Tucson, Arizona
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had dinner there last night for my birthday. Don't normally go to restaurants this expensive, but hey, your only 76 once. Had a wonderful time. The restaurant is decorated in the style of a supper club 40 years ago. Table spacing is adequate, but the feeling is crowded. When the place is packed as it was Saturday night is was LOUD. Add to that the 5 piece jazz group and it takes awhile to get used to it. The meal was all that we could ask. We had lobster bisque and Kobe beef carpaccio for appetizers and for entre's I had the seafood fra diavlo and wife had the Salmon. Both meals were exceptional, with extra to take home. The bread with olive oil and garlic deserves special mention. The roasted garlic was almost sweet without a hint of harshness. A very nice touch was the complimentary dessert for my birthday. We surely didn't expect that. All in all, a memorable evening.

3 Thank luvglass

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stopped in on a monday for Jazz night. The place was packed and the food was great. We had an amazing time and so did our guest from AZ. Will be going back again!

1 Thank mike h
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Awesome”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love this place! Sherry has done a wonderful job with the atmosphere and food.
The happy hour is great for the value!!
Can not wait to see the expansion when it is done!

1 Thank dolfngrl
Naples, Florida
“Classy!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This place really understands customer service. I sat at the bar but was treated like royalty. Genuinely friendly bartender attended to my every need in a very personable way. Had the cod stuffed with crabmeat special and it was one of the best seafood dishes I've had in a long long time. Bonus was having live jazz vocals and piano while dining.

This is the "sister" restaurant to The Roadhouse in Hyannis, Mass. Apparently the menu is quite similar. If you've been to the Hyannis Roadhouse, let them know and the manager will come by to say hello. They made me feel right at home.

Like many good Florida restaurants, it's tucked away in a shopping mall. You can't see it from the main road.

1 Thank sbtrooper
Ft. Myers FL
“A good restaurant that needs a new home”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Joined friends for an evening at the Roadhouse this week. They have been raving about it for a year. We had reservations and we were squeezed into an incredibly small table wedged in by two other tables. I have never been in a smaller restaurant trying to be a big restaurant. I was somewhat scared and looked immediately for the exit in case of fire. The tables are on top of one another, the music is loud and is right on top of you and I almost became claustrophobic. Our server was very experienced and on top of everything and the food was fine, not great but fine. My husband and I drink Stella beer and of course the keg had blown and there wasn't any so we sort of searched for something to drink. I think the space is way too small for what they are trying to achieve, I think they need a real decorator to make the place seem larger and not so thrown together and I think they need to move all of the tables and chairs that are outside away from the front door in case there is an emergency and people need to get out. I had a Mediteranean veal dish that needed more pasta and my husband had penne pasta with sausage that needed more sauce. I will go back because our friends really like it but I would rather be someplace with lovely windows and sophisticated decor for the price you are paying per entree. I think the people of south Ft Myers need a good, big city restaurant so badly they'll go anywhere! This restaurant has the formula but needs a building to make it all come together.

5 Thank Sammysue