“Awesome”

Ranked #6 of 864 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Best Food, The Best Service, & The Best Entertainment South West Florida Has to Offer!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love this place! Sherry has done a wonderful job with the atmosphere and food.
The happy hour is great for the value!!
Can not wait to see the expansion when it is done!

1  Thank dolfngrl
There are newer reviews for Roadhouse Cafe

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This place really understands customer service. I sat at the bar but was treated like royalty. Genuinely friendly bartender attended to my every need in a very personable way. Had the cod stuffed with crabmeat special and it was one of the best seafood dishes I've had in a long long time. Bonus was having live jazz vocals and piano while dining.

This is the "sister" restaurant to The Roadhouse in Hyannis, Mass. Apparently the menu is quite similar. If you've been to the Hyannis Roadhouse, let them know and the manager will come by to say hello. They made me feel right at home.

Like many good Florida restaurants, it's tucked away in a shopping mall. You can't see it from the main road.

1  Thank sbtrooper
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Joined friends for an evening at the Roadhouse this week. They have been raving about it for a year. We had reservations and we were squeezed into an incredibly small table wedged in by two other tables. I have never been in a smaller restaurant trying to be a big restaurant. I was somewhat scared and looked immediately for the exit in case of fire. The tables are on top of one another, the music is loud and is right on top of you and I almost became claustrophobic. Our server was very experienced and on top of everything and the food was fine, not great but fine. My husband and I drink Stella beer and of course the keg had blown and there wasn't any so we sort of searched for something to drink. I think the space is way too small for what they are trying to achieve, I think they need a real decorator to make the place seem larger and not so thrown together and I think they need to move all of the tables and chairs that are outside away from the front door in case there is an emergency and people need to get out. I had a Mediteranean veal dish that needed more pasta and my husband had penne pasta with sausage that needed more sauce. I will go back because our friends really like it but I would rather be someplace with lovely windows and sophisticated decor for the price you are paying per entree. I think the people of south Ft Myers need a good, big city restaurant so badly they'll go anywhere! This restaurant has the formula but needs a building to make it all come together.

5  Thank Sammysue
Reviewed January 12, 2013

the Roadhouse Cafe is a gem of a restaurant in among very unamazing places...Tucked in the back of a small strip mall behind the CVS, this is an excellant jazz spot....had dinner for my husband's birthday tonight...among the best we have had anywhere...great steaks and seafood with exceptional service....will gladly go back....hard to find unless you know where it is but its worth the effort

2  Thank ttlee
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stumbled in here a few years ago, when they were opening during the biggest economic downturn in SW Florida history! They were an immediate success because the food is so darned fabulous. It's a great place to go early and take advantage of the half price appetizers and drinks -- the crab cakes and beef carpaccio are some of the best around -- but you'll need to leave early and miss the Jazz! The chicken dishes are surprisingly some of the best restaurant chicken served anywhere -- and I'm not a fan of chicken out! The seafood and steaks are delicious, as well, but having very specific taste requirements, I am not a fan of the marinara, but it seems I'm in the minority on this one. The ambiance is charming, and romantic. They're adding on -- so there won't be as much crowding on the dance floor, but intelligently, they're not adding a lot of dining tables and adding a lot of pressure on the perfectly timed kitchen staff! Don't miss this gem -- the Name doesn't do it's sophisitication justice!

2  Thank donna60898