“long-term stay, very happy guest”

Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I just stayed at this hotel for three weeks for work.

The hotel is conveniently located for work downtown and there are many restaurants to choose from within easy walking distance. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed and the staff could not have been more courteous, professional and helpful.

Parking was cheap across the street in the garage ($5/day).

The only thing that needs tweaking is the breakfast. Otherwise, a great stay. Will stay here whenever I am in Ft. Myers.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank laurie b
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for choosing charming Hotel Indigo for your long business trip. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be perfect for your stay. Being a small boutique hotel we get the honor of a lot of repeat guests that we know on a first name basis. Downtown Fort Myers is growing fast with some really fun things to do when we are not working. Thanks for writing this review and I hope you choose us again when visiting historic Fort Myers.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I had the wife and baby with me, so I valet parked for $14. The price was advertised on the website so I knew that going in. The staff was friendly. When I checked in I asked what was going on that evening and the woman gave me a paper that had all of the local events for the month. The room was clean. We were facing main street so no view to speak of, but we weren't there for the view.

The only minor issue we had was the air conditioner in the room was really noisy. It sounded like a mini-generator even on low setting. I had to turn it off so I could hear the TV. Then the room got too warm so I had to turn it back on and deal with the noise.

Overall a very good experience. Would stay there again for art walk or music walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Maple S

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our charming Hotel. I apologize if our ac unit was too loud, I will be sure to have our engineers look at this. I always welcome both negative and positive feedback to improve always on our customer satisfaction. Please join us again when visiting historic Fort Myers Florida.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Parking is a bit tough for this hotel unless you valet park or pay the $5. for 24 hours at the parking lot across the street from the hotel. Nice location in downtown area.Beds were fine. Room could have been a little cleaner but not bad. The club is now gone from this hotel so no need to worry about previous posts of noise/music. All in all a fine stay and I would return.

1  Thank ldp
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We value all of our guests and as GM I welcome both positive and negative feedback to help us strive for better customer satisfaction. Thank you for choosing charming Hotel Indigo and I would love for you to consider us on your next visit to Fort Myers.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

After staying at the disgusting Red Roof Inn for a night (last minute booking on a holiday weekend), the Hotel Indigo was like heaven! The staff was friendly. The place was clean. Bed was comfy. Great location-close to bars and restaurants. We chose not to valet the car and self parked in the garage less than a block away (it was only $5 from 8pm til we left around 10a the next day--not bad). We didn't have time to check out the pool, bar, fitness center, etc but were just relieved to be in a sanitary, quiet, safe place. Would absolutely return.

1  Thank Anna L
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thank you so much for writing a nice review of our boutique downtown Hotel Indigo. We pride ourselves in cleanliness and customer service. With all the new restaurants and the most recent River project quaint downtown is fun to visit. Please come and stay with us again, and please know that we value your business.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The best location to stay in downtown.
Great for walking to the shops and marina.
Use the car lot across from the front of the hotel $ 5.00 for 24 hours.
Contemporary rooms.
Room not as clean as expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a non adjoining room!
2  Thank LorraineUsa

Dear Valued Guest :

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our lovely downtown Hotel. I welcome all guest feedback so I may address any concerns. Please call me to discuss any concerns you had. We strive and always want our guest rooms to be perfect for all of our guests enjoyment. Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo and we hope you come and stay with us again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Curious the review i wrote a few months ago was lost or deleted so here we go. The overall physical condition of the hotel is excellent with the usual hiccups of the magnetic room key failing to open up the fitness studio by the pool. I am not an employee so this is not a fake review. The rooftop bar pi in the sky has a nice view of the bridges & river to the north but the rooms look out onto Downtown ft. myers & the hordes of trash i encountered on the sidewalks after art walk or music walk goers trashed the place. Parking is a HUGE problem. I was given a password & id for the business center computers but i could not use the center because it was roped off with a bunch of luggage carts pack high & tight. They used to proudly sell Starbucks downstairs years ago but now theres a club & there are hotel signs proclaiming it is forbidden to bring food not sold in the hotel on the upstairs pool/patio area. Otherwise not a bad hotel.

Room Tip: If possible, try to request a room view to the north which overlooks the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank kari h
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear kari h,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you found the overall condition of our hotel excellent. On the other hand, I am sorry some hotel amenities such as the magnetic key, parking situation and the Business center were a let down and fell below your expectation. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel for one night, as we were in town from Tampa for a funeral. We had always heard about this hotel (he is from Fort Myers) and we're excited to see what it was all about. He had requested a river view room and a room at the top as he sleeps horribly and we generally try to avoid any situation where other hotel patrons can disturb us with walking around, being rambunctious, etc. Our room was on the side of building facing the river but as he said, "perhaps I should have been more specific that I actually wanted to see the river." Needless to say we weren't high enough to over look the buildings adjacent to us to really see anything but the top of bridge that goes over the river. The room was seemingly nice enough with a spacious bathroom and nice furnishings. The main thing is the lack of amenities available for the price- no complimentary breakfast (which I can get at their sister Holiday Inn for a lot less), free Wi-Fi was a joke (unbelievably slow), no refrigerator in room, and the parking "issue" should be stated in some type of disclosure (we did opt for the valet since it $14 no matter how much we come and go, but it would have been nice to have known earlier than when we arrived at the establishment.) Overall, it just wasn't the "wow" stay we had envisioned. It wasn't a poor experience by any means, but there was a lot of hype for the hotel that we felt truly let down by our stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kristen S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Kris10UNC,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the pricing structure of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J