“Three and a half stars.”

Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District
Ranked #30 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
South Florida
“Three and a half stars.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

If trip advisor allowed me to give another half-star I would. The hotel is better than average, but not much better than average. We travel a lot and stay in a variety of hotels. We recently stayed at the Hotel Indigo while in town for a family event. If you need to be in the historic downtown area, it is not a bad choice, but if you are looking for a hotel with a resort feel, you will not get it at the Indigo. The hotel is situated in the middle of town, and sounds of the street can be quite loud even seven stories up. The property is very utilitarian and best suited for business travel. This review is based on our perspective as a family staying in a suite.

Pros:
Good proximity to historic district.
Very helpful and polite staff
Suite was a good size with good space
Suite did have fridge and coffeemaker
Nice fitness center
Free wifi
Two televisions
Bedroom was a separate room from the living area so as to give good privacy for kids and adults

Cons:
The beds are mediocre at best
Pillows were small and lumpy
The finishes felt mismatched and cheap
Dark bed linens did not appear to be washable. (We kept moving them to the closet, and housekeeping kept putting them back on the bed - Ew!)
Keurig coffeemaker with Costco coffee pods - seriously, it was Kirkland coffee
Coffee maker needed filtered water, tap water was terrible
No room service

In short, the Indigo is nothing special. It is not awful, but not particularly memorable. If I were going to Fort Meyers on business, it would do, but it is not high on the list for return visits for family travel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SouthFloridaMom2
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our charming Hotel Indigo. I am sure to address your concerns. We do not have dark linens all of our linens are white and all of our bed skirts are navy blue. Please be assured that all of our linens are professionally laundered and we pride ourselves on our very clean rooms. We hope you enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you stay with us again. Please try to visit some of our new hot spots in downtown. We value all of our hotel guests and thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
West Palm Beach
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Totally over priced for what it is. Definitively will not stay again.
We had to wait like 20 minutes to check in even though we had a reservation. Only one clerk at the front desk. The office is right behind, with a glass door, two people watching, nobody jump in to accelerate the check in process.
Two bars. The inside is beautiful but found out is permanently closed. The one by the pool was closed due to "weather conditions" it was shinny and there were people by the pool.
The worse was when next morning at 6am we brewed coffee, and the coffee machine gave us cold coffee!
Valet parking is not free, where you can tip the valet. Is $14 added to you bill is you choose to have it.
The only good thing was you can walk to the court house. Absolutely not worth the money they charge.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Monica D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear MONICA D,

Thank you for the candid review of our property as this will guide us in making the right decisions. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Haverford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Nice location in downtown Ft Myers with lots of restaurants within walking distance also in walking distance to the Ford- Edison houses. We were talked into an upgraded room by a very pleasant reservationist but when we got to our room we were overlooking the equipment on the roof (on the same level). When we asked about this we were told that upgraded is size not view. We had a large bathroom that was a total misuse of space. The sink was on top of the toilet and the spa shower had a useless shower head. There was a large unused space as you walked into the bathroom. The TV was also off to the side making it hard to watch. We were told that we had to pay extra for breakfast which fortunately we did not take since coffee and a very second rate variety of cheap pastries were given to all. Would not go to an Indigo again. This hotel tries to be chic but does not make the grade.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nanart
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on our Hotel. I am sorry you did not like our large bathrooms. I was concerned that you noted our sinks were over our toliets. We have no rooms that have sinks over our toliets. Our TV's swivel so our valued guests can turn them to view from any area of the bedroom. We also have a wonderful All American Breakfast reasonably priced everyday but Mondays. I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary juice, coffee, tea and pastry that we provide free every Monday to all our valued guests. Our rooms are quite large and most of our guests enjoy the extra space. I appreciate your review and will hope that you come and stay with us again. Thank you for your feedback and best wishes for a happy new year.
Occoquan, Virginia
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

A charming older hotel completely upgraded and updated. Rooms were very nice for the $ with premium linens and soaps. $5 daily park or $15 valet. Housekeeping problem was settled with a NOW attitude. Rooftop bar is special. We will stay again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our charming downtown hotel. We appreciate all feedback so we may address concerns and improve our hotel to satisfy all of our valued guests. Please come back and stay with us again, and I thank you for your business.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The room was adequate. Nothing special. They try to be chic, but I don't get it. You pay an arm and a leg so that you can have less amenities than the average hotel chain. No fridge or microwave in the room, so that you are forced to eat in the dinning room. No free breakfast. The desk chair is a joke. They don't adjust to a high enough position to comfortably use the desk. The same goes for the chairs at the business center. The desks are high, but not high enough to stand, but too high to comfortably use the computer while seated.

There are a few positives. The staff was excellent. Very nice and helpful. The fitness center is better than average. Great treadmills,bikes and elliptical trainers. There are also free weights and a bench. The outdoor pool is small, but clean and warm.

Room Tip: Very limited parking. There is $5 parking in the lot a couple blocks away. Street parking is free f...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brooklynn B
Catherine O, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review charming Hotel Indigo in downtown Fort Myers. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am happy you found the fitness center and our pool on the rooftop to your liking. Our desk chairs are usually very comfortable I am sorry you found them to be too low, but they do have an adjustable handle which I will have my engineering staff check in our rooms. Thank you for your concerns its always nice to be able to address any of our guest concerns, and we hope you choose Hotel Indigo again when travelling.
Miami
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We checked in already having a confirmed reservation for dinner. Not. We learned from the bartender that the restaurant was closed and a private party was being catered at the rooftop bar and we would have to vacate our seats there. There appears to be another bar in the lobby, but it was closed too, as it apparently isn't used at all. At no time were we informed of this inconvenience, nor did the staff offer to make other arrangements - or offer a future dining incentive. In fact, it seemed the staff wasn't even aware of what was going on. Really poor communication on the part of management.

Our room was spacious and well appointed except for the absence of luggage racks. We had a wonderful corner room on a high floor which had a view of the river. The bathroom in this room was spacious with a big shower. If it weren't for our negative experience with the management, I would give this property a higher rating. The location in the River District is perfect for walking to restaurants and night life and is only a short drive to the Edison/Ford Winter Estates.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pucgal
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear pucgal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am happy to hear that you appreciate our room accommodations. We value you as our guest and your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you encountered due to the level of service received from our hotel staff. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps where great attention will be paid to the matter.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Hotel Indigo.

Zelyn N
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I recently had the occasion to stay at the Hotel Indigo in Fort Myers, Florida. I had previously stayed there with my wife, but this time it was a solo business trip and roughly two years has passed and I was curious what the status of the location was.

The hotel itself is still a pleasant location and fairly attractive. Guests are met with a treat (cookies) and lemon water, something becoming standard in the industry and much appreciated. The appointments are pleasing and while no convenient store is on the location, they have a small assortment of goodies should you be interested. There is a bar in the lobby, although I have yet to see much use of it despite its large size.

This hotel is located in what used to be a small "arcade", so you enter off the street and walk down a hallway to get to the lobby. The hotel restaurant is here, so this is not the kind of place you would visit after grabbing a quick workout. The menu items are decent and in the past have been tasty, and compared to similar properties fairy reasonably priced. (3 to 4 of five stars on TA). In addition o this property there is a sushi bar, which provides decent food as well. The arcade is shaped in a sort of "T", and at the third end there is a courtyard with a few chairs and a gorgeous mural depicting the history of the area.

Moving up to the room, it is nicely outfitted with typical amenities. A nice touch is the presence of a Keurig machine with a selection of drinks - nice, easy and fast. No more waiting for the little stainless pot to heat with mediocre coffee! The bath is pleasant but there is no tub - just a shower so if this matters to you please take note.

My room had two queen sized beds. The view was of a rooftop, so nothing there. They have WiFi for guests although I was not able to access it whatsoever. I tried when I arrived and in the morning when I was moving (before 6:00 am), and nothing. Important to note, especially if you are traveling on business as I was. I was also surprised that the iron and ironing board had seen much better days. Again, an important feature while traveling on business and I was able to make debut not without a little difficulty.

As for the beds - while comfortable, I was amazed at how noisy they were. In fact, I giggled somewhat when I simply sat on the bed and heard a great deal of noise. I feared that the neighbors would become amorous during the night which would guarantee no sleep at all. If you are a restless sleeper or a "roller" - forget it. It sounds as if the mattress is wrapped in brittle plastic and placed on bad springs - yes, that loud. In addition, I was able to hear my neighbors fairly clearly and was very relieved when they quieted down around 10:00.

So what was the struggle wight he rating? I had a head time giving this one a four star rating. When I first arrived at the property, there was no valet at the stand. You have to use valet to park a car, and not having someone there was disturbing. Similarly when I left, the stand was vacant. Fairly quickly remedied but add to this the five to ten minute wait while they run a block away to a parking garage and it slows things down. Considering that you are charged $15 for the overnight use, I would expect more (especially when I did not know if the charge although I am certain it is posted someplace and I just did not pay attention to it). A negative.

The beds, minor issues with the amenities and the above took this from a four star to a three. If these don't bother you, then this is absolutely a four star location. Staff is nice and efficient and the place does get quiet at night. Prices were also a positive factor as my room was $110.00 per night, which while a little more than the other locations (few) in the area and I say there is value here.

Room Tip: Spring for the extra $20 or so for the corner rooms. These are the ones with a view and you are also...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MRMED8R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear MRMED8R,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on the quality of beds and valet service. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers

Been to Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District? Share your experiences!