“Beautiful Room”

Ranked #30 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Ottawa, Canada
“Beautiful Room”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Sadly we arrived at the hotel around 10pm and were gone the next morning at 6:30 - it would've been fun to spend more time in the area and in the hotel - the room was huge and the bathroom was very large too
There was one irritant - upon checking in the clerk advised us that the hotel rooftop bar would be open until 2am and drinks were free for the ladies. We had an earlier departure the next morning so we could not take advantage of the offer. Our room was on the 4th floor and the rooftop bar was on the 8th. In our room we could not so much "hear" the music from the bar but "feel" it in the vibrations (our friends on the 2nd floor could also feel the music).
Upon checking out we mentioned it and the clerk removed our valet parking charge - fair in my mind.

Room Tip: Balcony room was very nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I just visit fort Myers spent 3 day at the hotel and loved the rooms was really clean and comfortable the staff were HELPFUL nice little town Starbucks is walk distance very small pool but still nice roof top area for sunning and nice bar area too

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Maitland, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Arrived on Friday for the weekend to attend a wedding. I was never advised that there was a charge for valet parking. There was no literature in the room about the hotel amenities or the area. The TV did not work, there were only 2 bath towels and there were lamps missing. When I called about the TV they told me to check the plugs because sometimes housekeeping unplugs them. The plugs and cables behind the TV were so dusty I don't think housekeeping had been in that room for some time (4th floor). The desk staff was not friendly. For the price of this room I could have stayed at the Holiday Inn and had better service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Robbie E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Robbie E,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. It is our goal to ensure our guests’ satisfaction is met with the excellence of service you expect. I would like to apologize for any inconvenienced that transpired during your stay particularly with the housekeeping, amenities and staff service you received that fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your future reservations.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I just spent 5 days at this hotel and LOVED it! The room was very comfortable, and the staff were MOST HELPFUL!!!!
I enjoyed the rooftop pool, and the fitness center.
Breakfast was included at the Broadway Bistro, and it was delicious too!
The location was convenient as well.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor, but I think they are all good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We spent one night at the Hotel Indigo while my husband was seeing clients in Fort Myers area. Really nice hotel-built about 2 years ago, but has a feel of an old building that has been refurbished. Bed very comfortable. Room quiet (5th floor) and very clean. Staff friendly. Very small pool, but still a nice roof top area for sunning and a nice bar area too. Will stay again while in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ocala
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Recently I took a trip to Downtown Fort Myers to visit my family and few friends I went to college with. I chose to stay with Hotel Indigo despite a few bad reviews I read on Tripadvisor and boy am I glad I did! I arrived on a very busy weekend. The hotel had a few events going on and they were sold out. I would not have known if I had not inquired. I am in the hospitality industry so these are the sorts of questions I like to ask.

The front desk agent, Lindsay checked me. Lindsay was extraordinary! Not only was she extremely professional, making my check-in process simple but she was also very informative and familiar with the area! Lindsay suggested a few places to see and enjoy with my friends and family and let me know that there would be live music in the restaurant and a GREAT music walk event!

My guestroom was wonderful-- definitely avante-garde style..something you would see in Miami in way of fashion and design! The king guestroom we enjoyed looked over the entire downtown area.

We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Broadway Bistro and happy hour drinks for TWO HOURS!

All in all an exceptional experience!!

No other place to stay and indulge in all that the area has to offer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kailita L
Tallahassee
Reviewed February 17, 2013

THe hotel is nestled in the heart of the newly revitalized downtown of ft. myers in the river district. Having stayed on a very busy weekend, rooms were not turned over quickly enough to accommodate arriving guests in the afternoon on Friday or Saturday. Lindsay in particular stood out as a star at the front desk throughout my stay. Every request made to Lindsay was taken care of immediately. The remaining staff is friendly, and very accommodating but housekeeping must be understaffed, or too many late checkouts on a Friday, because they were not able to turn over the hotel. Numerous guests waiting for room upon arrival. I did not hear any complaints, however, with a bar right next to the check in counter, one would think they would be allowed at least offer arriving guest waiting for a room a complimentary drink. My room was not ready, but the agent did find a room that was clean on a lower floor. Views were industrial, which I actually appreciate. There may be other views from other rooms but 212, industrial.
The hotel is not large, but it has more of a feeling of an apartment with doorman and concierge than it does a hotel. Rooms are rather small. with rather fresh clean lines and nice amenities.
Beds were comfortable, however, very squeaky. I do not believe my room had a full inspection, as I did not find any sundries, lotion, shampoo, etc in the room.
I did not see a housekeeping cart the entire duration of my stay. I saw straw baskets prepared with clean linens lined up by the elevator. Quaint, however not very practical for the person cleaning the room, which may account for the slow room turn over. Housekeeping carts are not attractive, but they do serve a purpose.
Go ahead and leave the bathroom fan on or download a white noise app on you phone, because you will need it if are here on the weekend. The local music is loud and hoppin until after 11 p.m. so you will need something to drown out the noise.
The only odd uncomfortable situation was when a manager, during the afternoon on a Saturday, spoke rather unkindly to the desk agent. The conversation was about the hotel and rooms, however, it should not have gone on at the desk. The manager should have spoken to the desk clerk in the office, and not in front of guests of the hotel.
Parking is valet only.
The bar/restaurant in the lobby is fair.
Staff friendly and as accommodating as they can be with such a small property they are limited on the place running perfectly. They handle it well, but should offer drink, coffee or an appetizer from the bar when people are kept waiting. They are kind and accommodating otherwise.
Rooms adequate.
Linens very nice
Bathroom had only a shower and design is flawed, entire bathroom floor gets when when showering as there is only half a glass wall stopping the water from going out of the shower. Non sensical really....
Housekeeping almost seems nonexistent.
I can't say enough about the location. It really is fabulous. Starbucks around the corner.
Business center almost nonexistent, No privacy.
Would I stay here again....yes. I would feel note that one has the feeling of being my own rather than being catered to in a hotel. Didn't really have a sense of security. Not really a brand experience I would want if I were the owner of Indigo brands.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers

Been to Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District? Share your experiences!