“Hidden gem!”
Review of Chile Ranchero - CLOSED

Chile Ranchero
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Love Mexican food and this place know how to make it!! Don't forget to try their ceviche! Don't let the old chairs and tables scare you, they make food -not furniture!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We decided to visit this restaurant as a result of a two for one promotion and the other reviews posted here.

We arrived at about 6:30 PM on a Wednesday. The location is in a nearly deserted strip mall. There is no problem with parking. On entry you realize this is a fairly small basic restaurant. However, the restaurant has allowed plenty of space between tables. The decor is minimal and the floor is simply painted concrete. It seems to have a loyal local clientele.

It appears that we arrived shortly after several other tables were seated. This meant the lone server was pressed to look after everyone in a timely manner. It took a long time to receive our first round of drinks and our appetizer which was Bean & Cheese dip. This was served with homemade chips and a delightful salsa side dish.

Our main courses were Flautas Rancheras ($9.95) for my wife and Chicken Chimichanga ($10.95) for myself. These dishes were well presented and very generous portions. My wife took a sizable portion home. Although nicely presented and tasty the refried beans and rice were warm at best. The Chimi and flautas were good. Had the dishes been served on hot plates as we are accustomed to in Mexican restaurants our rating would have been higher.

In summary a friendly, local Mexican restaurant offering tasty food at reasonable prices. The timing of your visit may affect the quality of your visit.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a small, non-chain operation. It is tucked away on the side of a large group of businesses. It is definitely worth seeking out. This is very good Mexican food at reasonable prices. The restaurant is small but very nicely decorated.
The quality of the food was very good and the portions very generous. The guacamole was very fresh and may have even been made to order. I enjoyed a Chile Rellenos, because I like them and also because the name of this restaurant reminded me of that Mexican dish. It was a very good choice.
Worth giving it a try and better than the chain operations.

2  Thank MikeCapeCoral
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went to Chile Ranchero Inc because of good reviews on the veggie options on the menu..
Now if you have ever been anywhere in Mexico you know that meat is a big part of the food
culture. We were looking for vegan friendly Mexican food and we found it here.

It is really crazy to order a vegetable burrito at a traditional Mexican Restaurant, even more crazy
is to really love the burrito as well as the vegan friendly refried bean....

Wow...great stuff and I am certain that all the other entrees rock as well...we asked some people coming out as we entered and they said they eat there all the time...as well it is always a good sign when there are actually Latinos in there as well enjoying the food...

Great stuff....check it out!

5  Thank twolf1717
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The food was fantastic and the margarita was delicious. I wish I would have found this place sooner! Everything was fresh and the service was great. I will be returning in the near future.

2  Thank Amanda M