“Romantic Surprise”

Springfield, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Romantic Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in Ft Lauderdale last September and had such a great time we came back this year. While I was planning the trip, I checked Trip Advisor for suggestions of something fun and different to try. I am so glad I found Las Olas Gondola. I decided to make this adventure a surprise for my husband so I didn't tell him what we were doing. After meeting Captain Martha, I can tell you she LOVES to be involved in surprises and will do whatever she can to help pull it off. My husband was surprised but even I was as this was a new experience for me too. I can't say enough good things about it. It's romantic, unique, and relaxing. Martha is just a great person. She will talk as much as you want or give you quiet time. She will point out landmarks (like Fred Sanford's house, right Martha? Wink, wink.) and tell you a little about Ft Lauderdale history. This experience is perfect for a romantic date but could also be fun as a family or group if friends. It's a definite must and we will probably do it again next time we visit.

Visited September 2013

Boca Raton, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A wonderful romantic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Just a perfect night out on the river with captain Martha !!! The gondola exceeded our expectations - very well appointed , comfortable , great ambiance - the Italian music was a nice touch - this was an wedding anniversary for us and was very memorable -

We did an 8 o'clock trip and it was a nice quiet time on the river - captain Martha was so interesting to talk to and went out of her way to make sure the trip was individualized to us ! We appreciated that alot-

We highly recommend this trip for any special occasion !!!

Visited September 2013
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Romantic surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My fiancé surprised me with a ride down the river. Captain Martha made the experience an awesome, memorable occasion. She worked with my fiancé to surprise me with a bottle of my favorite wine and even caught a message in a bottle along the way! There were romantic candles and music to enjoy as we took in the scenery and at the conclusion of our ride we got a copy of the music on a CD to keep. Thank you Captain Martha....we will definitely enjoy another trip soon and will gladly share our experience with others!

Visited August 2013
Irving, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Venice in FLORIDA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend have a long distance relationship so I thought I would surprise him with a nice stroll around the mansions and yatchs. It was so romantic and martha was so sweet! I would definitely put this on anyones to do list for sure if you go to ft lauderdale. Our trip was kinda cut short due to getting dark so try to pick a time between 530 and 630. But we loved it!!

Visited August 2013
Bogota, Colombia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“VENICE GONDOLA IN FLORIDA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

it is wonderful, the whole trip is so romantic, it is actually a motor boat gondola shaped, but so slow and quiet you don't even feel the engine, the lady "gondolera" is really nice and kind. She's got nice music aboard, but if you want, you can bring your own!!! The only thing is that it's a bit difficult to find, be aware that the given address is a condo building, the gondola is behind that building.

Visited June 2013