“Love Marios Catalina”

Mario's Catalina Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mario's Catalina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 1,371 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Great great food.... and the owner host Mario is always a doll. This is a must go to --love the lechon asado and any of the fish dishes!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had the best lechon asado, a custom made delicious salad by the owner himself.... and the Mojito's were to die for!! I have food allergies and normally when I tell the waiters they get nervous and are confused. But not here! They handled it like a piece of cake and treated me so well. I left the restaurant soo happy and full and I think that everyone should come eat here regularly!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great food and good service. Try Marios Beef. There were 5 in our pary and after the appetizer sampler we did not need entrees. My wife and I plan to go back to have drinks with the appetizer sampler and know we will be taking some home.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We dined here at this upscale Cuban/South American restaurant during a bachelor party of ten people and had an excellent experience. The service was fantastic and the food was even better. They were very welcoming and had no problem accommodating our table of ten. It was a relatively large dining room with an intimate atmosphere. We saw many young and older couples and families there. One birthday, one anniversary, and a wedding proposal. The waiters were very knowledgeable of the food and drinks and our water glasses and drink glasses were always full.

Out of ten people, not a single one of us had a bad dish or anything to complain about. We started with a huge sampler platter of empanadas, Cuban pork, chicken morsels, marinated beef, plantains, and more. It fed our entire party of ten and we still had a little left over. It was difficult to choose a main because everything sounded so good. We ended up ordering seafood paella, marinated skirt steak with shrimp, grilled red snapper coated with plantain chips, Cuban style pulled pork, seared grouper filet, and Jack Daniels marinated pork tenderloin. All were delicious and even though the food didn't need anything extra, the side of chimichurri sauce added a nice tough. The prices are at least $25 per main dish, but the portions were very plentiful and it is well worth it.

The drinks lived up to the food. They offer red and white sangria, and we went with the red... delicious. Several us also ordered mojitos, which we were told they were famous for, and I can see why. When we thought we were done with the meal, Mario brought us a complete set of refills on the sangria, several extra mojitos, and two or three rounds of tequila shots... all on the house. Then he placed a full bottle of tequila on the table, from which we took several more shots. He also gave us $175 in gift certificates to the restaurant. Anticipating we weren't able to drive home, they ordered us three cabs, which arrived in mintutes.

Overall this was an excellent experience. Fantastic service, delicious food, and a great atmosphere. We will be returning to the restaurant and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a South American flavor.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Had the pleasure of dining there recently with friends. We were going to go into Miami for some authentic Cuban food but found Catalina's and decided to check it out. Glad we did. I'm Cuban and a very tough judge, this was a great choice. From the genuine warmth of the staff to the excellent food, our experience was excellent. And don't let me forget the mojitos! I will definitely make this a regular stop when I'm in the area. Even my mom would have been impressed!