“Wonderful setting for gathering of friends”

Mario's Catalina Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mario's Catalina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 1,358 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Was introduced to this restaurant by friend organizing a get together. Had no idea what to expect but was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance, service and the food - but most of all the delicious Sangria.

The restaurant has a very intersting and diverse menu with many difficult choices to make. We had an appetizer platter for the group which combined many of the individual items all on one plate - topped off with delicious fried plantain strips. Everyone enjoyed their food and there was plenty for some to take home.

Try the Empanadas and be sure to try the Sangria.

I will be back thanks to great marketing ploy of offering double value on coupons purchased there and then. Spent $50 for $100 worth of coupons - no expiration - no gimmicks.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We came to this restaurant through Groupon, and after reading its great reviews we decided to give it a try. II must say I have not had better Cuban food and I live in Miami! We began with the plaintain chips they serve which were amazing, then we had Mario's Favorite (and now MY favorite) and also the Milanesa Steak which was the best I have ever had. The Sangrias were delicious and we finished it off with the flan - also really good. The owner came by a couple of times to ensure all was well, and brought us complimentary gifts, which we thought was very nice of him (in addition to the server and other personnel who were very attentive). I loved the place, my only concern is the price, which I feel is very high for Cuban food, but does not fall short of the quality of food provided. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was visiting from out of town and ran into this little gem. The service from walking in the door was second to none. Mario met us at the door and gave his personal greeting to each of us. The ambiance is very intimate and the staff's service was impressive. Very attentive servers and food presentation were flawless. This experience has ensured our return in the very near future!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Not only is the Cuban/Spanish food of the gourmet variety, but the ambiance and friendly service are extraordinary. Having dined here on several occasions, we have always felt as if we were guests in Mario's own home. And by all means you must try the sangria.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was my first time at this restaurant and I was blown-away. The pork appetizer and the plantain chips were amazing. The waiter recommended and changed one ingredient in my main course from pork to beef and it was also seasoned and cooked perfect. The flavors were delightful. The service was excellent and we enjoyed the ambiance. And the red sangria was the best I ever had. This is now my all-time favorite Cuban restaurant. I am definitely looking forward to going back.

2  Thank PSP_Tony