“Something Different!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mario's Catalina Restaurant

Mario's Catalina Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mario's Catalina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Greeenville, NC
“Something Different!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

One fantastic thing happened during my visit to Ft. Lauderdale...Catalina Restaurant. From the moment I walked through the door, the attention and service was on the spot! This gorgeous Cuban gentleman kissed me on the cheek and welcomed me to my seat. They insisted we have their signature Mojito or Sangria, and viola... it's awesome. The Red Snapper and Shrimp were crème de la crème and my cousin's dish... well... I have no idea what she ordered but she really enjoyed it! The price was not cheap, but the attention, the meal, the ambiance, was well worth the experience. I'd love to do it again.

Aventura, Florida
“Marvel-icious Mario's Catalina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

From the moment we enter this FABULOUS restaurant, we feel like we are being PAMPERED. Mario, as well as his wait staff, make every effort to make their guests feel like ROYALTY. The ambiance of the restaurant, with its beautiful chandeliers and exquisite art work, make you feel like you are in an elegant old world setting, Mario attends to every small detail, to enhance the dining experience. The candles on the tables, which are lit upon your seating, are an additional element, that creates a beautiful atmosphere for his SPECIAL "masterpeice,"--- that he translates into a dining experience. I always start with the sangria, which is the BEST I have ever tasted. I usually have either a salad or their deeeeeeelicious lobster bisque, to start my dinner. There are a variety of choices for the main course---each of which are EXCEPTIONAL. And, although I am usually well sated, by the time the entrees are finished,-- I always leave room for Mario's "to die for" flan. By the time we finish this wonderful dining EVENT, I leave feeling serene, satisfied and PRIVILEDGED. Mario creates a "MAGICAL" experience, with his cuisine, and the decor of his restaurant. I live 35 minutes away (each way). The trip is worth each and every MILE, that we traverse, to get to this GEM of a restaurant. It is truly a UNIQUE and EXTRAORDINARY restaurant. Thank you Mario!! This is what "DINING" really should be, and Mario achieves this, for each and every guest!!

“Outstanding restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Not only was the service awesome but the food was delish! The appetizers are excellent, so are the pork, shrimp, lobster, drinks and they have a wide variety of desserts. You won't regret it.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great service and great food keeps us coming to Mario's from Vancouver.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our first visit to Mario's was in 2006 and we have been going back every time we are in Fort Lauderdale. Whether it be a business dinner or dinner with other families, Mario's has always been a place for us to enjoy an evening of great service and a place for us to enjoy amazing food. As we were on our way to the Fort Lauderdale International Airport, we made a detour to have lunch at Mario's. We were on a tight schedule but Mario's staff made it all happen. They made sure they got our order out quickly without sacrificing the quality of the food. We got our soups nice and hot. The appetizers came tasting perfect and our skirt steaks were amazing. My two boys had one skirt steak each and shared another order. Even though we were full, we made sure we had room for the flan. Too bad we have to wait until our next trip to Fort Lauderdale to enjoy the great food at Mario's. Maybe Mario will open one in Vancouver?

York, Pennsylvania
“Simply Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just enjoyed a delicious dinner at Mario's! It's a small restaurant with great service! Sangria was very good and we were offered free refills on the house. Our waiter was very attentive and our meals of grilled grouper for me and skirt steak for my daughter were both very tasty. For dessert we had the flan and three leches cake and they were both good. This restaurant deserves a repeat visit!

• 3 of 5 bubbles