“Pay for the location”

Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place is overly priced. Don't get attracted by coupons. I rate it a 3 because of the food and drinks and more importantly, the VIEW.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

After a day enjoying the beach and a long walk along the waterfront, we popped in for a quick drink. The seaside outdoor seating was comfortable and the Mojitos were delicious. For apps, definitely recommend the calamari and chicken quesadillas were yummy

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food was great, and the drinks were too - HUGE but yummy. There is a service fee added, so be sure not to add to it unless you want to do extra tip!
I didn't like how low the tables were - but we managed.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

They offered us a 10% coupon at the door so we decided to stop here for lunch. The view from the patio was great. We were offered two for one margaritas which we gladly accepted. The margaritas are gigantic and were average tasting. The food was very delicious when it finally arrived. The service was terrible and the waitress could not speak English. When we got our bill we were told we could not use the 10% coupon because we had ordered 2 4 1 drinks. For two drinks, an order of nachos and fajitas our bill came to $70. A very expensive lunch, we checked the receipt later and realized we had been charged a service fee, when we asked server at our next restaurant Tsukuro and he explained that it is a gratuity the most of the restaurants on that block add. So for very poor service our waitress at Sangrias got a 15% 'service charge' as well as another 15% tip on top of that. What out!!

1  Thank Beamin182
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I wanted to give this place a higher rating, really I did. We had a good time and loved the food, but there was just too much wrong to give it any more than 3 out of 5.

The food was excellent. We had the bruschetta and calamari to start with and they were both excellent. The fish bowl drinks were half off so we ordered frozen margaritas which were huge and delicious. Later we flagged our waiter down to ask for menus again to order a main course and it took him FOREVER to return to our table to take our order. Our waiter informed us that because we were ordering two entrees, we could get a free bruschetta. In my margarita haze, I initially didn't think to have him just take off the bruschetta that we had ordered earlier so I flagged him back down and he said it was already too late because he'd put in the order. To his credit, he did remove it from our bill AND we got second free bruschetta brought to our table.

The shrimp scampi and the puttanesca were both delicious.... but one of the other reviewers is right... I quick look through the back door into the kitchen during a trip to the bathroom left me feeling a bit nauseous. I'm surprised that the health department hasn't shut them down. It was pretty filthy in there. Speaking of which, the bathrooms were quite gross too. I bit better management and attention to these details and Sangrias would be a big win in my eyes.

It was a great "people watching" place to be and we enjoyed just that as people strolled by or danced along the sea wall across the street.

There was a live band which was too loud in our opinion. You could not carry on a conversation among your table mates while she was playing.