“You got to try the Baker-Style Smoked Prime Rib with the Sweet Potato Fries”
Review of Lauderdale Grill - CLOSED

Lauderdale Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lauderdale Grill, where the locals go and the tourists want to be...A local's favorite serving award winning steaks and seafood. Our famous Prime Rib is aged 4 weeks and smoked daily in house. This family owned Ft. Lauderdale favorite prides itself on serving "The Great Steak of Florida."The freshest seafood is also served daily from our creative chefs. Some of our favorite cravings included pesto chicken flat bread, and our twin filet mignon wrapped in smoked apple wood bacon. Our state of the art kitchen boasts generous portions and moderate prices that keep the locals coming back.Visit our FaceBook Page for Upcoming Entertainment and Specials
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Lauderdale Grille is a really nice place. I was never there before and when the friendly owner, John Baker, came over you can feel how genuinely he cares that you are having a good, are well cared for -- and well fed!!!! When asked, “What’s special”? John said, “Try my Baker-Style Prime Rib dinner.” Hmmm doggie, John has that dish down to a “science”. It’s so good I have been back twice in the past two weeks. It’s perfectly cooked (smoked actually) prime rib - then he melts gorgonzola cheese on top under the broiler. That by itself is YUMMY; but then, he makes an outrageous horseradish sauce to dip it into that is like nothing I ever tasted. My tongue was having a real “party” -- which got even better when I dipped perfectly hand cut sweet-potato fries into this honey butter sauce that is so “over-the-top” you won’t believe it. I would drink it if I could get away with it. His people are real attentive and nice. The service is good. I’m getting hungry just thinking about the place. I think I’ll just go back make sure it’s as good as this review says. It is!!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had dinner there after a 4 hour shopping spree. The service was very good. The menu was plentyful. The food delicious. A great way to end a perfect day with my Mom and my niece.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our Server (Heather) was the just flat out bad. Had to ask for a water to go with my beer 4 times before it was delivered, brought the wrong drink for my daughter and was quick to blame everybody but her self for the poor service she delivered. Food was average at best.

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A co-worker and I went there for lunch today. The place was almost empty. We were waited on quickly. The waitress was helpful. The ice teas ($2.85) were refilled as needed. Unfortunately, the entrees were not served for 45 minutes. I ordered the Key West Sea Food Sampler $22.00. It was horrible. Perhaps it had been sitting under a heat lamp for the 45 minutes we waited for it. Very dry fish and burnt shrimp, swimming in what seemed like a pint of flavorless, motor oil like sauce. Zero presentation. The food looked like it had been thrown, angrily, on the plate. My friend said that his chicken tacos were bone dry. At least they were only $10.

Now I know why this place was empty during lunch hour.

1  Thank KayakFLL
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have eaten at the Lauderdale Grill several times within the past few weeks. Each time,-- I used a voice dailydeals coupon,-- which made it very REASONABLE, price-wise. The food is good. There are a few noteworthy dishes. The Key West Sampler is delicious. Their soups are very good. The salads are varied and adequate. Their servers are usually friendly and accomodating. They have music on several evenings . It is a lay-back kind of venue. I have seen families with young children, middle-age diners, and also seniors, ALL enjoying the food. This restaurant is for the middle-class crowd. It is not pretentious, but it does offer varied selections, with bang for your buck.