“Good resort with a good price”

Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort
Ranked #122 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Puebla, Mexico
“Good resort with a good price”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent four days in Fort Lauderdale for my business trip. The staff at this hotel is very attentive and friendly. The room was wonderful and quite confortable, stunning view. Facilities are great and we were very happy with the food, we felt that they care for all their customers the way they treated us. This is the best value for the money and we plan on returning next year.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ddjh74a, Public Relations Manager at Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. We are training our Staff to make sure that all our Guests have a wonderful experience. Your kind words are very encouraging as it justifies our day in and day our hard work.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked a two night stay at the Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort based on the pictures and description of the resort as portrayed on the Inverrary's direct website at inverrary.com. The pictures of the establishment as portrayed on the website do not remotely represent the current state of the hotel. It also states that the establishment was an all inclusive resort; however, the hotel informed us that NOTHING was inclusive. After taking over an hour and a half to check in at the front desk, we proceeded to our room to find it in a deplorable condition. It was completely unsafe and unsanitary. The room was covered with dusk and bugs and there was a wrap around the toilet stating that it had been sanitized for our protection. Upon removing the wrap, the toilet was filthy and stained. There was a huge crack in the door to the adjoining room and I could see and hear everything that was going on in that room. Those guests were also appalled by the state of the hotel. There was also no hair dryer, laundry bags, or cups available in the room and after trying for over 45 minutes to reach housekeeping, I was informed that they had already left for the day. When I proceeded down to the front desk to speak with a manager, I was informed that no one was available. At this point, two police cars pulled up in front of the hotel and advised that there was some type of code in progress. I immediately proceeded up to my room and contacted our booking agency and checked out of the hotel. I informed the front desk that nothing was disturbed in the room and that we needed to leave and that our booking agent would be contacting the hotel for a full refund and the girl at the front desk said that would not be a problem. There was a terrible storm in the area that evening and the girl at the front desk also stated that she would easily be able to book our room to other guests. We contacted every hotel within a 70 mile radius of area and nothing was available due to the storms so we had no choice but to sleep in our car. Seeing that this was the case and that we did not stay at the establishment for more than an hour; there is no justification to withhold a full refund. However, the Inverrary has informed us that no refund is due. I have left two voice messages for the hotel's general manager and have received no return phone call. The booking site has also tried on numerous occasions to contact the hotel to no avail.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Nick32839
Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Worst hotel ever!!!! extremely dirty, mold everywhere, blood in tub. it seems that hotel was forgotten by its owner. They never mentioned that pool was under construction (right in February vacation week!!) Kids were so dissappointed with absolutely nothing to do. We had to leave the hotel few days earlier and go for a better one. One the day that I was fighting to get my money back other 4 customers were doing the same!! All I could hear was complaining after complaining... Never Again!!!!

Room Tip: Nothing good about this place :-(
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Leticia D
Pierre, South Dakota
Reviewed February 24, 2014

At 60 years of age, I have done my fair share of travel/lodging. This hotel is rated 3-star & we felt would suffice for a short stay. It was the absolute worst ( by far ) lodging experience I have ever had. When we went to our assigned room, thre was obviously other people staying in the room. There was clothing & a lap-to computer in the room & a leather briefcase. We went to the front desk & they gave us a different room & apologized. That evening was O.K.,but noisy. The next morning we left & took all of our belongings with us as we were travelling relatively light. We came to the hotel that evening & went to the same room we had slept in the night before & there were people in the room !!! People who were as surprised to see us as we were them. Our hotel key opened their door & were they taken aback !! We apologized & went to the front desk for the second time. Once again, they apologized & we were assigned another room. That night we shared our room with a cock roach & more noise.The third nite we went to "our room" and OMG, it was once again occupied by strangers ! We had had it !!! We went to the front desk & wanted to check out. They encouraged us to stay & they would make things right. The clerk personally walked up to the room they now assigened us to make certain there were no other people in the room. We agreed to stay, as it was quite late to begin searching for another hotel. The next morning, we were talking with the hotel manager about our experience(s) at her establishment & my luggage was stolen right out rom under my nose. It was 10' from my feet by the front desk !! At 11 in the morning THEFT in a 3-star hotel. Now wouldn't you know it, unfortunately their security cameras were down. We called the police & they said "it happens all of the time here". Well, so much for 3 stars. The desk personnel don't speak english very well--neiher do the folks in accounting. I made a $50 security depoit w/ my credit card, which was to be refunded at check-out. They assured me that it had been, but would take up to week to appear on my account. The credit was NOT given & now I have to contest the charge & FIGHT to get my $50 security deposit returned to me. I would rather sleep on the beach , knowingly at-risk, than spend another nite in this "hotel". My advice is to avoid this"resort" even as a LAST RESORT !

Room Tip: AVOID this hotel !!!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ron N
Morrison, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I are NOT hard to please, we love staying in backwoods, hole in the wall, Mom and Pops places, and have done so all over the country, but when you book two nights at an allegedly 3 Star All Inclusive "RESORT" you expect to get what is advertised.

This place was a disorganized, filthy abortion of the term RESORT !!!!, Yes I said ABORTION !!!!

The desk clerk had no clue, and while waiting to check in, our wives went out to look at the pool and came bursting back into the reception area to stop us from checking in before it was too late, as the promised pool was out of order and full of leaves and trash and looked as though it had been unused for months if not years. The desk clerk simply said he was not aware it was out of order and that it must be under repair. BULL !!!! -- OK we don't golf so the pool was pretty much our #1 draw for this place, but despite a very bad start we decided to push through and just hit the Ft Lauderdale beach for our water fun. BIG MISTAKE !!!

We found that the numerous dining venues for the all inclusive breakfast, lunch and dinner were only open for very slim hours and were always out of half the items listed on the menus example Steak & Eggs ?, Yep NO STEAK !!! the same went for many other staples on the menus, and no milk, etc. - When the bar ran out of a type of alcohol it seemed no plans to replenish the supply were ever made.

Aside from the pass the buck mentality, none of the staff had any courtesy or customer service skills whatsoever, with two and ONLY two exceptions, Tracy & Jazz, both of which worked as bartenders / waitresses, were great and friendly and IF it were not for them, we would have left on the first night and stayed ANYwhere else. Kudos to these two ladies.

This place needs to be closed down and tore down OR MAYBE after several million dollars in renovations and upgrades as well and adding some serious staff who actually know how to accept responsibility for anything and how to at least TRY to accommodate paying guests in some small way, MIGHT and this is a BIG might, be worthy of us ever even considering staying there again.

4 Thank Frank L
crpspain, Guest Relations Manager at Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I am deeply sorry to hear that you experience low customer and maintenance service; I understand that you had many expectations and unfortunately, they were not met. All your concerns have been sent to the Department in charge and we are trying our best so they will be resolved as soon as possible. We have had a big problem with our swimming pool this winter season and unfortunately it is taking longer than expected to be open to the public; again I do apologize for the inconvenience. I am glad to know that our staff was courteous and tried hard to accommodate your needs. I hope you give us another change in the future.
Homestead
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel should NOT be rated 3 stars!! It is run-down, unsanitary and smells like there's a dead body that hasn't been found. There were long, black hairs intertwined in our sheets on the bed. The desk and coffee table that were in the room were both sticky like they hadn't been wiped off. The shower desperately needed to be scrubbed, along with the sink in the bathroom. The staff was also very unhelpful and rude. They kept telling us to call back (4 times) to request a late checkout, and in the end, they didn't even give us one. I would've rather they told us no right from the beginning, than have us call back every hour to tell us no in the end. We only slept in our room, and it was hard to fall asleep because everything was so nasty.

Room Tip: The rooms do have balconies...we thought about sleeping outside because the room was so unsanitary!
3 Thank kriswalk
I am deeply sorry to hear that you experience low customer and maintenance service; this is not what we strive for. If any of our Guests are not pleased with our accommodations, the Front Desk is more than welcome to change them for you; I wish this had been explained to you at the right moment so you wouldn’t had to undergo a negative experience. Again, I do apologize since this is our mistake; I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Our stay was pleasant, service we on point and staff was friendly! Thank you to the staff of Inverrary for making our stay so wonderful! I would recommend this to anyone traveling to Fort Lauderdale Fl.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate your kind comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,055 reviews
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#64 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#110 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#68 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#111 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!