First, I'd like to say that the staff is extremely professional/friendly and I feel bad writing a horrible review about the place because of that but this hotel ("resort") is a dump. The Inverrary is located in an area of Lauderhill that at one point in time was a haven for senior citizens and country club goers alike. Over time the area has deteriorated, Inverrary Vacation Resort with it. Upon our arrival we noticed there were tax lien notices on the door (some had attempted to be removed; which is illegal) which was quite odd. As someone else pointed out, they owe around $117k. On check-in a $15 resort fee per night was tacked on to what we had already paid. Initially, the lobby looked nice and our renovated room didn't look so bad, but it didn't take long to see what lies beneath. The A/C looked like it was from the 1950's and worked accordingly. The air filter in the bathroom was caked in dust/dirt/mold/something. The renovated sink leaked on to the a/c cord for the blow dryer. The shower head was ancient and didn't work right. The shampoo and mouth were expired. The smoke detector battery was dead (staff replaced when brought to their attention). When attempting to leave our room the first time we waited over 5 minutes in the strangely smelly hallway for the elevator to show up but it never did. When arriving back the elevator showed up and we noticed that the safety inspection notice expired in 2007 and the elevators hadn't been inspected since 2006. We also noticed animal (rat) droppings on the floor near the elevator. Pretty much every safety standard is violated here.
In all honesty, I could go on and on with more but I think you get the point. I honestly think they should shut this place down for an extended period of time and re-do the hallways and take care of the safety issues and this could be an OK property with some TLC but as of right now it is not safe and definitely not worth the price we got it from through Priceline.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inverrary Resort offers an array of activities like Golf,Tennis, Spa and Conference Center. Located on the West side of Ft. Lauderdale close to Sawgrass Mall and the beaches. From light fares to international cooking in our gourmet restaurant, you will have your preferred option and your variety of selection throughout your vacation. Our Conference Center will be able to accommodate your meeting or social gathering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Inverrary Vacation Hotel
- Inverrary Vacation Fort Lauderdale
- Inverrary Hotel