“Friendly Staff, Bad Everything Else” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort
Ranked #121 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Orlando, FL
“Friendly Staff, Bad Everything Else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2008

First, I'd like to say that the staff is extremely professional/friendly and I feel bad writing a horrible review about the place because of that but this hotel ("resort") is a dump. The Inverrary is located in an area of Lauderhill that at one point in time was a haven for senior citizens and country club goers alike. Over time the area has deteriorated, Inverrary Vacation Resort with it. Upon our arrival we noticed there were tax lien notices on the door (some had attempted to be removed; which is illegal) which was quite odd. As someone else pointed out, they owe around $117k. On check-in a $15 resort fee per night was tacked on to what we had already paid. Initially, the lobby looked nice and our renovated room didn't look so bad, but it didn't take long to see what lies beneath. The A/C looked like it was from the 1950's and worked accordingly. The air filter in the bathroom was caked in dust/dirt/mold/something. The renovated sink leaked on to the a/c cord for the blow dryer. The shower head was ancient and didn't work right. The shampoo and mouth were expired. The smoke detector battery was dead (staff replaced when brought to their attention). When attempting to leave our room the first time we waited over 5 minutes in the strangely smelly hallway for the elevator to show up but it never did. When arriving back the elevator showed up and we noticed that the safety inspection notice expired in 2007 and the elevators hadn't been inspected since 2006. We also noticed animal (rat) droppings on the floor near the elevator. Pretty much every safety standard is violated here.

In all honesty, I could go on and on with more but I think you get the point. I honestly think they should shut this place down for an extended period of time and re-do the hallways and take care of the safety issues and this could be an OK property with some TLC but as of right now it is not safe and definitely not worth the price we got it from through Priceline.

• Liked — nice staff
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Polish first
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2008

Yup I booked on Priceline for a FT LAUDERDALE HOTEL, and when this came up I was hopping mad as its not IN Ft Lauderdale but IN FT LAUDERHILL. The first room I was in (829) was clean and well appointed. When I arrived the AC was turned off so I just turned it on HIGH, that night I went to bed and woke up at 4am as I felt like I was in a steamroom. Thought it would be just me so no biggy, however my 2nd day it was no better and I called the front desk and I mentioned it as I wanted it to be cooler. Two employees come up and tell me they will be back, well after some time has passed I called down again and wanted to be moved as it was too hot, so they moved me to 811 and my gosh I thought my ac was blowing air, well this was blowing so much air that it would have blown paper off the desk. So needless to say the other room had a blower motor problem. Well the rest of my stay was awesome. I had a car so I was able to drive where ever I wanted to, FOOD was close by so it was no big concern. Safety I would say, use common sense and you will be fine.

I had the pleasure in meeting John the hotel manager and I am confident they have the right person in place to do the job.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
Florence South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2008

I went to Fort Lauderdale on business and needed a quiet hotel with a decent room service menu and restaurant. The first problem was that all the entrances to the hotel were posted with tax lien notices, so obviously the property is having some problems. The first room I was given had not been cleaned, so I was moved to another room. They have spent money on refurbishing the bathrooms and put in tile and a beautiful sink...unfortunately they didn't upgrade the plumbing. I had to get a maintenance person to show me how to get hot water in the shower because the fixtures were stripped. There was also no way to stop up the tub to take a bath. The bathroom sink drained very slowly. The food in the restaurant was no better or worse than your typical Wendy's fast food restaurant. I relaxed by the pool one afternoon and observed that the surface surrounding the pool needed resurfacing, it was cracked and badly in need of repairs. I do have one positive thing to say and that the staff was courteous and nice.

Stayed April 2008
eatmoremangos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2008

I was worried about stayiing at the Inverrrary becasue there were some bad reviews and me and my pal are not resort type folks. Well the place was nice, everything worked and the staff just made the say wonderful. They were helpful, friendly, and always willing to help. The place is a work in progress but was great for the price. I'd like to see a hot tub put in. Also, imnot sure about the $15. resort fee, as it doesn't really seem like a great place to golf, and the tennis courts are overgrown.

Stayed April 2008
Daytona Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2008

We stayed two nights. After an initial problem with a very noisy neighbor (loudly thumping bass music through the walls) which the front desk and manager corrected -- by trying to quiet the noisy neighbor, and finally moving us to another room.
Our new room was clean, fully functional -- bathroom, TV, and bed were all great -- 7th floor -- apparently recently refurbished -- and the staff were courteous and helpful.
The manager was especially helpful, apologized for our problem with the first room and gave us tickets for a welcoming cocktail and breakfast.
The management and staff surely compensated for our initial problem and we'd be glad to stay there again. Compared with what others have written, it seems to be improving with time and new management.

• Liked — Helpful staff and management
  • Disliked — General state of undergoing refurbishment
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TwoDocGs
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2008

I had already booked my 3 night stay when I read several bad reviews about the hotel. Needless to say, I was a little concerned about staying there. I'm happy to say that it turned out to be pretty darn good. We had no problems or complaints whatsoever. Our room was clean, beds and bedding good, elevators worked fine; food in the dining room and bar were good. Staff were friendly (especially the French students from Lyon working there as part of their hotel management program), other local staff were also friendly and helpful. The hotel had obviously seen better days but it was also clear that they had been renovating to improve the place. Nothing wrong with the hotel as far as I could see. Sure, it's not the Hyatt but I wasn't looking for that level of quality.

I was there on an all inclusive golf trip with a buddy. All food and drinks were included. Super deal. Dan Cohen booked the golf for us, he did a great job. Our last day was a bonus. We were able to go back to our room after completing a mid day round to freshen up before flying home. Other hotels would have charged us extra for that, Inverrary didn't.

Based on my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to other golfers.

Stayed February 2008
Milwaukee WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2008

Very disappointing. Building in terrible shape, mildew, bugs, not even a toilet paper holder in the bathroom! Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Tpgolden
Inverray, General Manager at Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2008
We apoligize for your experience at our Resort. It is our goal to meet and exceed all our guests expectations. I can assure you that your main areas of concern have been addressed with extreme urgency. Our renovation project was completed (Feb 08) and we are all proud to say that the Inverrary was issued a 3 star rating from AAA and we are on our way to 4 star.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,001 reviews
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#63 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#111 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#108 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#73 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!