“Cheap, fast, and ok Chinese food”
Review of Ruby Chen's

Ruby Chen's
Ranked #805 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Edmonton, Canada
“Cheap, fast, and ok Chinese food”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This restaurant is located at the end of a strip mall that was close to the Best Western that we were staying at. There were about 3-4 tables so most people probably get take out which is what we did. After looking at the menu, we decided to get the large shrimp lo mein, sweet and sour pork (which came with white rice and sauce separate), and fried rice. The food was prepared within 10 minutes and we took it back to the hotel to eat.

It was less than $20 and too much food for 2 people. The sweet and sour pork wasn't as I expected as ordered back home. It was battered and fried pork pieces that you dip in the sauce. The low mein came with decent amount of shrimp but wish there were veggies. The large would be enough to feed 2 people.

Given the amount of food, we could have eaten full for about $15. The noodles were a bit greasy. Food ok if you are looking for cheap, fast, and fried Chinese food.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Portland, Oregon
“Not too disappointing or exciting.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The people working gave excellent and timely service when I was in ordering. However, after I got home with my food, I noticed that one dish was made with chicken instead of tofu. This was a problem, since I am a vegetarian. If you are a meat eater who just wants a quick bite of Chinese food, I would recommend this place.

Not applicable
“Was not impressed”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I ordered dinner from here, fried rice, beef and broccoli, honey garlic chicken and sweet and sour chicken. I was not impressed, it was more amercian style chinese than real chinese food. The honey garlic chicken was batter fried with a honey garlic sauce.
The prices are ok. I would recommend one of the east buffets in margate instead.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Mummyoftwo2
Ft. Lauderdale
“YES YES YES best Chinese in Ft. Lauderdale”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We just came back. It is tiny so I would order take out or order and go pick up if you are too far away. You can ask for it to be spicy (which I would do on the ones not marked spicy) but the taste was spot on otherwise (we do like spicy). We had General Tso Shrimp-- Perfect, Hunam Shrimp (ask for spicy) Shrimp Chop Suey (ask for spicy) Shrimp w Lobster sce (ask for spicy) The servings are huge but they do have a small portion collumn so you can taste lots of things Only 1 drawback--no brown rice. We will order again and again. The menu is huge

• Visited June 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Food/Price in Ruby Chen's is Excellent”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

During our two days stay in Fort Lauderdale, we visited Ruby Chen's twice and thanks to the advice from Tripadvisor, we really like the food there and the price is very reasonable. Would go there again if chance is given in the future.

• Visited March 2012