“Excellent”

Waxy O'Connor Irish Pub & Eatery
Ranked #150 of 1,369 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Description: Authentic Irish pub full of character and characters. We serve great food from traditional favorites like fish 'n chips and shepherd's pie to lamb chops and T-Bone steaks. With over 20 imported beers on draft your spoiled for choice when it comes to drinks, so stop by and meet our friendly staff and maybe even catch a game on one of our 16 flatscreen TVs.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent food service and generous portions also the Guinness was very good,nice and cool inside due to the outside air con enacting in through the Windows.Good place to cool down and chill over good food and drink.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stopped here for a little bit after eating dinner just a few steps away at the Green Bar & Kitchen restaurant (which I also recommend, see my separate review for Green Bar). Waxy O'Connor's is a fine place for a pint or two. It was a beautiful night to sit in the open-air space out front of the restaurant. It is located on a busy street, so there is plenty of quality people-watching to be had. Guinness and Magner's were served cold and timely. Waitresses were nice. I suppose they serve food here, I really don't know. I really see it as more of a place to go to for a drink than a meal. Good place to hang out and they have a fair amount of tvs, even in the outdoor part where we were, to catch a game or score updates. Cheers!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went with a large group attending a conference many of whom did not speak English. Staff was accommodating and patient. Food was average bar fare. Live music was a plus.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went with some friends who are local to the area and had a great meal. Nice setting, authentic. Service was right on and the food was great. We had seafood, sandwiches and traditional Irish fare among our group and we all enjoyed each other's choices. The bill was very reasonable. I will go out of my way to go back.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Went there for lunch with my son and his wife and oldest child. They had never been to an Irish pub. We all enjoyed ourselves greatly. The Bangers and Mash are fantastic, as is the Irish Stew. By son had the Gorned Beef Sandwitch which he loved. There is a great assortment of beer to go along with your meal