“Closed ”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Spanish
New Haven, Ct
“Closed ”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Just FYI....... This place is closed. Not sure if its for good or not. I went by thus place over Christmas weekend. There was a sign on the door, "Closed for 2 Weeks". But a few locals said it had been much longer. Also the phone has been disconnected.

This place was great. Good location, nice atmosphere. The good was awesome. But, the service was terrible. At least all the times I was there. I kept going back only because if the great small plates. I imagine they couldn't get a good wait staff. All the waiters and waitresses just seem out of it all the time. Like confused and untrained. If this place couldn't make it, it was definitely because of the service.

I hope they reopen with a new well trained staff.

florida
“Continues in its excellence!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I know I have reviewed Wild East Asian Bistro before, but we continue to eat there once a week or every two weeks and wanted to let people know that it's still as wonderful as ever - probably better - we have our wonderful regular waiter Andy, who treats us like VIP's, who makes every dining experience like dinner with a good friend watching over us (attentive, charming, super-efficient - overall just a delight). To be fair, Joel used to be our regular waiter until he took a short sabbatical some time ago, and he was also absolutely wonderful, but I think that no matter who looks after you for the evening, you'll be in good hands.

We still order the same appetizers (Andy now knows them off by heart) - salt and pepper pork, sesame chicken noodles, garlic baby bok choi and malaysian low mein - a combination that still brings oohs and aahs and mmmms from us. Great waterfront restaurant, easy docking, easy parking (street parking) - so convenient and quiet, yet right on Las Olas. The best of all worlds. We must have eaten there a hundred times or more over the past few years, and every meal is still superb, as is the service. Kudos.

• Visited October 2013
ANNAPOLIS, MD
“Fave Las Olas Asian”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Sitting outside along the canal, under an umbrella drinking a lovely Sauvignon Blanc on a warm day would be quite enough for me but Wild Orchid offers such delicious small plates and dim sum that I try to go there as often as possible. Cloth napkins, nice glassware and pretty serving plates make the experience more upscale than prices would suggest. My favorite dishes so far are the delicate clams in spicy black bean sauce, crunchy spring rolls, sushi rolls and Sashimi.

• Visited November 2012
Connecticut
“Second visit and another winner!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was our second time dining at Wild East. Again, we had a Groupon so it was economical. I love the outdoor seating, but we had a hard time seeing the menu in the extremely dim light. It was very romantic though, and the food was very good. Our waiter, Steven (?) was excellent. He went out of his way to make sure the sorbet was dairy-free. Unfortunately, it wasn't, but he saved me from having a belly-ache! We would visit again, even without a Groupon!

Visited September 2013
“Great hidden gem”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

There tapas menu is great and keeps us coming back. The scenery is fantastic and for some strange reason, there are often very little people there. Either we have bad taste or they are doing a terrible job at promoting themselves.

Visited September 2013