“Asian delight tucked below Las Olas Blvd.”
Review of Wild East Asian Bistro - CLOSED

Wild East Asian Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Wimberley, Texas
“Asian delight tucked below Las Olas Blvd.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stopped in for dinner on our recent vacation to Ft. Lauderdale. Had a table along the canal. The food was a creative mix of Asian specialties. Food was very fresh. We enjoyed the crab wontons for an appetizer. Pad Thai for dinner. But what really made the meal was the mango sakitini. My husband had a pineapple one which was good, but the mango was really a tasty mix. The atmosphere is quite romantic. You enter the restaurant at street level, but the outside tables sit down along the canal, away from the hustle and bustle of the main street. It is nice to enjoy the outside without having people walking by staring at what you are eating. It is a short walk from the water taxi stop. Prices were reasonable for the area. Very enjoyable meal.

• Visited February 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great valatines day dinner”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had dinner here for Valentines Day. It was perfect for a nice romantic dinner. Our food was good and the service and atmosphere was excellent. I would definitely recommend this place for a nice evening out with your girlfriend.

Fort lauderdale
“Relaxing, dog friendly place to eat on Las Olas”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Eat outside overlooking a lovely river! We enjoyed a delicious lunch with excellent service. Quiet, relaxing and right on busy Las Olas. Mongolian beef and shrimp cashew were very tasty.
When we visited for dinner last June, manatees provided us with very exciting entertainment.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Asian Fusion on Las Olas”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our first visit to this fabulous bistro -- highly recommend it!

When we go on our annual Fort Lauderdale vacation, we like to eat Italian one night, steak the next, seafood another, and so on. So for Asian dinner night, we usually go to the same place we've visited for years. This year, however, we chose to mix it up and try something new and a search on Yelp helped (sorry TripAdvisor).

Yes, they have sushi on the menu (who doesn't nowadays, we have sushi restaurants in every shopping center at home) but we wanted something different, something we don't usually eat at home. OK, so we still started out our meal with Miso and Hot and Sour Soups. Very good flavors and my hot and sour soup didn't set my tongue on fire, which is a good thing for me.

Next, we had some appetizers from their $6 tapas menu, which was a nice way to try something different and not feel like we wasted money on an appetizer. The entrees was fantastic and the $6 bowls of fried rice wonderful.

Service was very good, both in attentiveness, and nice looking servers. After all, one must have hot looking servers when dining out on vacation (after all, this IS Fort Lauderdale). We didn't have dessert but the choices looked interesting. Overall, we enjoyed our dining out experience and glad we checked out this restaurant. There are a lot of choices on Las Olas Blvd and businesses are competitive here.

Fort Lauderdale
“Still Good Food and Good Prices!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have to say, our server this time was a bit friendlier but failed to tell us about the specials for the day. It was not until my boyfriend inquired if they had Kirin Ichiban that he let us know that it was among the $2 beer special that we didn't even know about in the first place. I wondered to myself, how would we know other than if you had told us about it? Regardless, my boyfriend ending up ordering the Kirin Ichiban and with the recommendation of the server a Tiger Beer. My sister and I had each had a glass of their house red which was decent but the price point didn't match. Everyone else had water (you really can't mess that up).

I have the desire to want to try everything, so I convinced everyone to just order off the $6 small plates menu so we can try a bunch of different things. The Tuna Sashimi was excellent. It was fresh, beautifully colored, tender and along with the sauce had good flavor. The Tempura Salmon Rolls were delish but so much better the last time. I cannot pinpoint what was lacking this time other than to say it just wasn't the same. The Chicken and Veggie Gyoza were about as good as to be expected. I wasn't a fan of the Baby Shrimp Cup. The shell was nice and crunchy but I didn't really enjoy the sauce on top. The Crab Stuffed Wontons were good. I was a bit scared that the Curry Chicken Wings were going to be too overpowered by the curry flavor, but it was actually my favorite of the night. The curry was subtle but gave it a nice flavor and of course, the wings were fresh and crispy delicious. We ordered the regular portion of the Bistro Fried Rice, but it was basically the same size as the small plate version. It was good but price wise was not worth paying the extra for, I would just order two of the small ones if necessary.

Like my first visit, the food came out quickly and not only that, was still really solid, good tasting food. It may not be a fancy place but it is a great establishment that I am fond of.