“I forgot my Samsung S4 and we found it!!”

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
ca
“I forgot my Samsung S4 and we found it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I flew into FLL the day before my cruise. I love Hyatt Places and this location did not disappoint. It was on par with all the other Hyatt Places I have visited. LOVE THEM!!

Sunday I was being rushed and left my cell phone in my room. I didn't notice it missing until I had arrived to the port. I immediately returned to the hotel with a cab waiting outside to search for my cell phone. The front desk guy asked the room attendant to take me to my room to check for my phone. Sure enough it was on the bar right where I left it. The room attendant just earned a fat tip from me. Phew!! I was so relieved to find my phone.

Thanks Hyatt for setting high standards on customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tip70ton
AudraDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Greetings Tip70ton! Thank you for this wonderful review in regards to your stay and our staff. We seriously appreciate and will share with our staff to continue to receive service so memorable stories such as yours. At Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale, we take great pride in our customer service and accommodations. We hope to see you again real soon. All the best, Audra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Hebrew first
Dubuque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have been eager to write this review since day 1 of staying here. My husband and I checked in to the hotel on Sept. 25. We were warmly greeted by Gino and he made us feel at home by recommending Fort Lauderdale restaurants, attractions, and general tips/advice. I was impressed by the size of the room and open concept layout. The only drawback of the room was that I discovered little red ants in the closet and on the bathroom sinks. My husband called the front desk to report the problem and Stu went above and beyond to accommodate us. He helped us move into a new room and gave us 2 complimentary drink vouchers

The location of the hotel is prime. Since we wanted to save $$$, we picked up a week's worth of groceries at the Publix right across the street. There are also various restaurants that are easy to walk to (be sure to try Mezzaluna's next store). The front desk will give you two complimentary drinks to Mezzaluna's if you ask. We drove to the beach, which was about a 5 minute drive. You can also take the nearby trolley for a very low price.

Breakfast was filling and delicious! I especially enjoyed the hot breakfast sandwiches and pancakes. The pool was empty every time we swam in it. The hotel kept it clean and pristine. I was very satisfied with the value of the amenities this hotel provided! The only drawback was the $5 parking.

The real gem of this hotel is definitely the staff. They go above and beyond to make their guests feel at home and provide top notch service. I would like to give huge kudos to Stu, Gino, and Conner for their professionalism and hospitality. You can tell they work very hard and love their job. They were always friendly, helpful, and accommodating. There were a few minor incidents that would have lowered my score to a 4, but the staff corrected them instantly. That is true service.

Thank you to the Hyatt for making our 1 year wedding anniversary a time we will never forget! We greatly appreciate you making us feel at home on our vacation. I cannot wait to come back soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rachel K
Greetings Rachel K!

Thank you for your great review at our hotel Service defiantly can be a winning factor! I will certainly share this with our team to only continue deliver such stellar service to all our guests. Thank you for the kind mentioned of the gallery hosts in your review. We hope to see you again in the near future.

All the best, Audra
Chicago,ill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed before a Cruise, on Sept ,2013 when we arrived the frount desk was no manned,and appeared to be snack bar ????

good Breakfast, airport shuttle was free , shuttle to the Cruise port cost $7.00 each

Room was clean. we had ants by the sink on the 4th floor. and the safety lock connecting room
door heeded to be repaired while there.

we get shave cream at the hotel when we fly, Hilton ,holiday express , and comfort it is free
we had to pay for parking and the shave cream.

The bathtub was very slippery, and hinges were crome and rusty and the storage was bad, closet was very small out of the way (would not fit any suitcase and the only drawers had the Ants

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wck85
AudraDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Greetings! wck85! Thank you for you review. Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you may encountered during your stay here. We do strive to insure every guest will have the most enjoyable stay providing excellent services and accommodations. We do hope that you will come back to Ft. Lauderdale and consider our hotel as your destination hotel. Thank you again, and wishing you all the best. Audra
Scotland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was my 2nd experience of a Hyatt Place hotel in Florida, and once again it didn't disappoint.

You get a lot of room for not a lot of money, which provides great value.

The only downside on this occassion was waiting 50 mins for the Shuttle bus from the airport, despite 2 calls to the hotel. (To be fair, staff were very apologetic)

Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LittleBoyBlue
Greetings Little Boy Blue! Thank you for you kind review. We sincerely appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel. We certainly will share with our staff to only continue delivering excellent accommodations and service. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again in the near future. All the best, Audra
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here in May 2013. As usual, Hyatt Place delivers a consistently great experience. Staff was friendly, and hotel is kept clean. They have a free shuttle which will take you to nearby restaurants. Staff went out of their way to give us recommendations of nearby sight-seeing. Even printed us maps with directions waiting at the front desk for us. My husband and I love the Hyatt Place for its great value terrific service.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christine T
AudraDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for this great review as we do strive to deliver exceptional customer service with sincere interest. Please do share with your friends and family for any occasion!!! We would love to see you again. All the best!

Audra
Exeter, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and mother-in-law for two nights prior to our cruise on Allure. The hotel was clean and comfortable, though the bed was too shaky- whenever my husband rolled over it woke me up. The breakfast wasn't great, but adequate enough for complimentary. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and nicely appointed. We would consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Heather F
AudraDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Greetings!! Thank you for your kind review. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay, we are definitely addressing those items to insure a positive guest experience in the future...this is our mission. Hope to see you again in the near future. All the best, Audra
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel is very clean and the staff are service orientated , we were always treated with respect and the desk manager went out of his way to help us with all are questions . The free shuttle took us to the Cheesecake Factory and picked us up when we called the hotel . The driver was pleasant and spoke to us about the area the restaurant was in . I will be staying there again , and have told my friends about it .

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank SBEACH68
Thank you for your kind review, especially of that of our van driver! - I will certainly let the staff know so we can continue to deliver service so memorable. We do hope to see you again in the near future. All the best, Audra