My family and I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel over the Memorial Day weekend. Our first impression came from the free shuttle at the airport. The driver was friendly and helpful. Subsequently we used the shuttle to take us to the Jungle Queen cruise line on Monday, the busiest day because of the holiday. The driver did not complain about all of the traffic going to the beach he just took it in stride. We then were taken back to the airport on Tuesday. The shuttle driver on Tuesday gave us a helpful hint with our luggage which we appreciated.
Secondly, our room was comfortable and spacious (my daughter and I previously stayed at a Hyatt Place in Philadelphia) so we knew what to expect. However, this was my husband's first stay at a Hyatt Place and he felt very comfortable with his experience.
We arrived late Saturday night and knowing that food is available for purchase and/or to be made 24/7 we decided to order off the menu. Any food purchased and/or made can be added to your folio. The food was served on regular plates (not paper plates or in a Styrofoam box) with a beautiful presentation. We were also given regular silverware and not plastic silverware. The
presentation is very much appreciated in these days of our throwaway society.
We had one issue with housekeeping not cleaning our room the one day we were gone the entire day. In trying to figure out what happened, we realized that the do not disturb paper sign somehow was put into the door slot after we left and thus housekeeping left our room alone. My opinion to the hotel management is that these paper signs are cheap and ineffective. I suggest they invest in plastic signs and/or magnets (which I have seen in other hotels) for do not disturb. When I brought this situation to the gallery hosts' (as they are called) attention, after a few minutes of being on hold, he agreed to give me a $20 credit for the night. I certainly appreciated it.
I had hoped to swim while there but unfortunately the pool was in need of cleaning. This did not happen until Monday morning so our time did not allow for us to swim. I was bummed by that. Another suggestion I have to the management for the pool. Look at the vegetation around the pool. With the winds blowing as much as they did, perhaps the vegetation is in need of being reduced so that there is less chance of the pool having leaves in it most days.
Overall, if we were to find ourselves back in Ft. Lauderdale, we would certainly stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center ~ great location, conviently located 2 miles from the beach, 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port. In addition, we are less than 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, a complimentay upgraded "hot AM Skillet" breakfast buffet, and 24 hour food cooked to order food options, or grab and go. We are within walking distance to Harbor Shops, Mezzaluna, and Outback to name a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale