We stayed here for two nights. This is a beautiful hotel located next to a shopping plaza with good restaurants, shopping and within 2 miles of the cruise port and 3 miles of the beach. The hotel has a small outside pool that looked very nice.
The challenge with this hotel were the little things, but there where so many.
Coffee in the room, but those same ole dry creamer, with sugar and stir stick. By now, most hotels have the cream packet and choice of sugar packets in the room.
Starbucks coffee in the bar made from 3 Mr. Coffee Pots.
Ordered a Cappachino and the cup was only half full of the coffee part and the rest was foam.
Nobody smiled.. there was this stress level in the hotel that was easy to tell. As an example, in the breakfast room, someone asked if they had any breakfast sandwiches left, the lady working behind the counter simply replied, "no more".
Breakfast dishes pilled up over the top of the bus tubs
The chill plate for the milk and juices was turned off early to make clean-up faster
You should know that the bar is very limited in it's selection and offers Budwieser Beer along with Heiniken, Corona and Sam Adams.
I've stayed at many Hyatt Place hotels in the past, this one had the same nice room, good ombiance and the potiential to be a favorite. This just seem to be missing a good manager for the details that are a hallmark of most like hotels in the chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center ~ great location, conviently located 2 miles from the beach, 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port. In addition, we are less than 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, a complimentay upgraded "hot AM Skillet" breakfast buffet, and 24 hour food cooked to order food options, or grab and go. We are within walking distance to Harbor Shops, Mezzaluna, and Outback to name a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale