“Fantastic Room ... Great Staff ... Wonderful Stay All Around” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Fantastic Room ... Great Staff ... Wonderful Stay All Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here on Friday 09/29/12 ...

We could not have asked for anything to be any better. The room was awesome. The managers and staff were all very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was great and added to the value. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in the area again.

Tip: You cannot beat their shuttle service. They will take you and come and pick you up later in a good radius around the hotel. Since we were only in the area one day, we used the shuttle to take us down to get on the water taxi. It was a great way to see and get a good taste of Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CoupleHarleys
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
What a nice review...Greetings and thank you for your kind words about our hotel, staff, managers, and shuttle. This is great feedback and will be shared with the team to assist in continuing excellent guest stays now and in the future. Again we thank you and value your feedback.

Hope to see you again and share the good word with all!

All the best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Hebrew first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is always what you get from the Hyatt place, a clean, nice decor room, friendly staff, nice FREE morning breakfast buffet. Weekend is busy with a family and KIDS.. So little noisy, well the hotel get noisy because of the kids, and that happends everywhere. My only complain will be the internet access. VERY SLOW in room, at lobby ok.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Alberto M
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind feedback!.. We sincerely appreciate the information that you provided. We are currently working on upgrading our internet service for a more faster stable connection. Please be sure to stay with us again in the future and share the good word with your friends and family.

Thank you again...Best,
Weimar, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel in pr0cess of refresh but more important is the overall actions by the staff. Can't do enough for everyone. It's new management and they are out to prove they are awesome. Minutes to the cruise port, restaurants very close by (in-fact one of the staff walked us out the door and gave us specific direction on where to go and what restaurants we would find) and fantastic service. Been twice and we'll definitely be back again. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank GiveMeSunNorCal
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. We honor your feedback. It assists us in delivering customer service and providing excellent accomodations. Thank you for receommending our hotel. Hope to see you again.

Thank you again, all the best!
Portland, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

There are some nice positives about this hotel, but unfortunately the negatives overwhelmed those. First, for the positives - the price on Hotwire was amazingly inexpensive; the staff is super-friendly and the room (free upgrade to a suite) was awesome with great bedding. There is free Internet, nice fitness center, pool and computer with printer to print boarding passes, etc.

Now for the negatives - 1. The free shuttle is nice but we waited for an hour in the blazing sun for the shuttle. I called 3 times and was told each time, it would be 10 - 15 minutes. Then the A/C was not working on the shuttle. 2. When we went down late in the evening to get a sandwich at the snack bar, I went into the breakfast area to get a plate. When I picked it up from the stack that was ready for breakfast the next morning, it was covered with ants. I took it to the desk clerk (who was getting our sandwiches) and she expressed no surprise and did not apologize. She said, "It's probably because they are wet.". I have no idea what that meant, but I wouldn't have eaten anything that came from that room. 3. If you're driving the location is fine, but it is in a dicey area where no one would want to walk to a nearby restaurant. The shuttle will take you, but you might have to wait for awhile for it. 4. The shuttle driver does not come on duty until 7 am. We had an early flight so we had to take a cab to the airport. 5. I called down about 11:30 pm to find out the procedure for the shuttle the next morning. The desk clerk said there would be no one in the morning to help with our luggage (although they were taken to the room earlier that day), but he would bring a cart to our room so we could be ready the next morning - in 10 - 15 min. At midnight I called back and was again told 10 - 15 min. I asked if he was actually going to come and he admitted he was alone at the desk and couldn't leave. Why did he offer in the first place?

This is actually a nice facility, but I feel they have serious staffing issues. I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale again in Nov., but I'll pay a little more and not stay here again. I should say that the "cleanliness" ratingis because of the ants - the room was very clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Greetings!
Thank you for this feedback. My sincere apologies for these embarrassing occurances at our hotel. We have taken each comment and have addressed with the team and upper management. You mentioned being understaffed, we are actually going though a hiring wave...we have recently had some staff members move on with the company and now are in need of finding their replacement. As for the breakfast area...and staff members response...I am extremely sorry for this...this is not a common occurance...it is rather shocking. Our breakfast was just upgraded and have only heard positive feedback from our guests. In any event as I mentioned, all issues have been addressed. Please do give us another opportunity to make it right and show you how we really operate and take care of our guests. When you are ready to come back, please call me and I will personally see to it, that you are taken care of.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel provides their corporate clients with the best customer service and customer relationship in Ft. Lauderdale. That's because of the great Sales Dept. team, Audra and Veronica. They make sure their clients are taken care of during their stay and always go that extra mile. This hotel is at a great location with lots of restaurants and bar and not far from the beach. The rooms are being renovated and changes were made to the breakfast they provide.
The Hyatt Heavenly beds will make sure one sleeps well and guest services throughout the hotel is at its best.
Great for off-site meetings and corporate lunches.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter with slight port view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Eliza W
AUDRA D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments. The sales team definately takes extreme care for all guests. Insuring our guests our satisfied each and every stay is our main goal. We value your feedback and will continue to provide excellent customer service.
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was the first time for me to stay at this hotel. I usually stay a bit further down the road at the Hilton Marina. I got the Hyatt through Priceline and wow was I impressed. The front desk guys were amazing - so friendly and helpful and they remembered you when you walked through the lobby.
The rooms have been renovated and mine (307) was excellent - end of the hall and very quiet. Coffee maker, fridge, safe, free wi-fi and huge 42 inch plasma television.
Excellent free breakfast and free shuttle within a 5 mile radius - only exception to that is that they do not go in and out of the port. A separate company handles the port and there is a $7 charge per person.
I had just disembarked from Allure of the Seas so I took a taxi which cost the minimum $10.
Publix, Walgreen, Ross and Dollarstore are close by and the Bimini Boatyard is a great place to eat.
I like watching the cruise ships sail out so I walked to the beach - it is a long walk, so take water or better use the shuttle.
Whilst I like the Hilton, the Hyatt has a lot of advantages. It is smaller so more personable, has free wi-fi, free breakfast and free shuttles. You can also use their free business centre computers to check in and print airline boarding passes. I will certainly try and stay here again.
Andrew

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank tocanada2
Thank you so much for your comments. This is very critical to our hotel and we take this very serious. We value your comments and will use this feedback to assure our staff they are doing a great job and what is expected. Most certainly we do hope you come back and stay with us and share the great news with all.

Midlothian, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

My son and I just returned from three nights at the Ft Lauderdale Hyatt Place - Convention Center, room 321. I agree w/ the comments in the “just travel”, “ymcafl, “eedee” & “Mark R” reviews. I didn’t upload my photos, the ones in the “just travel” review are perfect. We have traveled extensively and were a little hesitant to book this "three" star hotel. As soon as we checked in I knew we had found a winner.
The taller guy and the two shorter guys at the front desk are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I wish I had caught their names. The breakfast staffers were polite and really hustled to keep the area clean and the food replenished. The huge room was newly renovated w/ two beds, a (smaller) bathroom, large LG TV w/ AV inputs, another separate area included a laptop desk, a sofa & ottoman, breakfast sink/counter, frig and a coffee maker. Breakfast was very good, (OK the coffee was weak and wasn’t Starbucks) and the fruit fresh cut.
We rented a car at the airport which I found unnecessary. The hotel shuttle was frequently used by other guests. Public transit, a bus and trolley type bus are found nearby. A brand new mall and OK shopping centers are nearby, all walkable. A busy casual seafood restaurant called South Port Raw Bar is nearby on the end of a canal and reminded me of the Key West Half Shell Oyster Bar.
There is a little confusion w/ another Hyatt Place. In some places on the internet I found this hotel labeled "Airport North" I think this is an old name that has been replaced with "Convention Center". There is another Hyatt Place called "Airport South". Internet searches reveal some confusion between the two Hyatt Places. Make sure you know where this Hyatt Place is located.
I found this Hyatt Place a great find. I heard the views from the top floor are great and I'll try to stay there next time. It is a very good value at a good location and the young staff do a great job. The frumpy manager types can learn a little from the staff. I will return to this hotel! Using value and quality as a measure I rate this hotel in the top 5% of my 100+ hotel stays.

Room Tip: The top floor, the fifth may be the nicest. The AC is pretty quiet and works great. If you need wh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ArtBIII
Greetings!
Thank you so very much for the kind words. We use this feedback for training and for continuous improvement. We will be sure to share this with our staff. Hyatt Place does strive on insuring each guest has a memorable stay each time.

Thank you again and please be sure to share the great news about our hotel to all.