I love Marriott and have stayed in their properties all over the world. I checked in for 3 weeks and here we after one week dissing the place. it should be noted we have stayed at this property 5 times previously and loved every minute.
We checked in for 3 weeks of time sharing and after one week complaining
Have no idea what has transpired in the day to day administration and operation but it has dropped drastically from the cleanliness to the service and the attitude of the personnel.
Use to be a time when the only faux pas was the elevators and the horrendous parking facility...a real rip off as you pay dearly for parking.
House keeping is the problem at this property..it just stinks with attitude to boot....They forgot to clean our room ,,,,how many of you have ever had this happen to you>
even the front desk has attitude, When the phone in our room was not working properly and . I complained I was told the phone works fine, When my business associates called me on my mobile phone to let me know the phones to my room were still not working I called the front desk and again they told me there was nothing wrong. Finally they sent an engineer up and he said most definitely the phones are not working.-he found the problem...then informed the front desk who informed us we will have to check out of the hotel and then check back in for the phones to work...yes we didn`t get it either Then because this happened on a Wednesday after we checked on the the Saturday they had it as we checked in late and then notified us that if we want our room cleaned at the beginning of our 2nd week we would have to pay $70.00
I could go on and on but why waste your time. Yes we could have a sour taste in oru mouth from the first week experience but we shouldn't as a vacation is suppose to be free of stress. We are world travelers and use to screw ups but the staff at this property are more concerned with covering their butt than serving the guests well
I want to relate we love Marriott so please do think this is a reflection of the organization but the company seriously has to look at the attitude of the in House Keeping and the very unprofessional front desk. I want to mention both managers are indeed very nice people..is this not a paradox
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the seaside from your balcony at the Marriott's BeachPlace Tower. Just a few footprints from the beach, you can smell the ocean while you open your door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott's BeachPlace Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Beachplace Towers Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Beachplace Hotel
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott